Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I never blame the referees BUT

All League
    12 penalties in the 1st half..WTF.. Everytime something good happened for us..I MEAN EVERY F***ING time, they threw the flag..

We stop them on third and long...Pass interference on us.

We get a long gainer...pass interference on us

Lamont rumbles for 30 yards to the pitt 10... Phantom holding penalty on us..AFTER lamont was already 20 yds down field.

It just went on and on..

Again, I'm not one to blame the Refs but they certainly cost us points in the 1st half..and maybe cost us the game..

There are games in which there is no way the REFS will let a team win. Yestreday, there was NO WAY that they would let us win...NO WAY!!!

Banned
    Originally posted by ctjetfan@Dec 13 2004, 01:33 PM
    12 penalties in the 1st half..WTF.. Everytime something good happened for us..I MEAN EVERY F***ING time, they threw the flag..

Lamont rumbles for 30 yards to the pitt 10... Phantom holding penalty on us..AFTER lamont was already 20 yds down field.

It just went on and on..

Again, I'm not one to blame the Refs but they certainly cost us points in the 1st half..and maybe cost us the game..

There are games in which there is no way the REFS will let a team win. Yestreday, there was NO WAY that they would let us win...NO WAY!!!
    You left out another big one .....

We forced a Hines Ward fumble and recovered the ball in Steelers territory ... penalty on the Jets :blink:

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Seven penalties in one drive. The zebras might as well have been carrying those terrible towels.

All League
    what i don't understand is how could we have committed 12 penalties in the first half and none itn the second half???? Is there any recourse that the JETS could take. I know that it won't change the outcome, but holy moses...something is just wrong there.

Charter JI Member
    officiating was driving me nuts...

Here' a question, I know Herm remained calm during that first half fandango of penalties, and in the past he has said it all evens out, but do you think he should have gone a little nuts on the sideline? Someone has to say something to the officials when they are clueless.

Hall Of Fame
    If I had a buck for every time I screamed "WTF?!" at the TV yesterday, I could buy season tickets. Damn refs should have been wearing black and gold - would have been more honest.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I was at the game. All the steelers fans were amazed. Did you notice almost every big play we had was called back?

I have no idea how this works....but it was so bad a job by the refs that I wonder if they could have been contacted somehow during the half {by the league} ?

again,I couldn't understand how so many in the 1st half {when we were making plays}
    to 0 ?????

Undrafted Free Agent
    I went to the FunWay Cafe on Route 1 after Pats game to hopefully watch the Jets beat Steelers.

Those penalties were unreal. A few where "phantom" calls at best. Is this what it's like to root for Jets? No wonder you people are INSANE.

All League
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Dec 13 2004, 01:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Dec 13 2004, 01:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ctjetfan@Dec 13 2004, 01:33 PM

It just went on and on..

Again, I&#39;m not one to blame the Refs but they certainly cost us points in the 1st half..and maybe cost us the game..

There are games in which there is no way the REFS will let a team win. Yestreday, there was NO WAY that they would let us win...NO WAY&#33;&#33;&#33;
    You left out another big one .....

We forced a Hines Ward fumble and recovered the ball in Steelers territory ... penalty on the Jets :blink: [/b][/quote]
    That one too....WTF??

These refs are getting worse by the week...It makes me sick

All League
    Originally posted by FoxboroFanatic@Dec 13 2004, 02:39 PM
    I went to the FunWay Cafe on Route 1 after Pats game to hopefully watch the Jets beat Steelers.

Those penalties were unreal. A few where "phantom" calls at best. Is this what it&#39;s like to root for Jets? No wonder you people are INSANE.
    Even the resreved Phil Simms was killing the refs..

How many time did Phil say " I just didn&#39;t see it" ?

All League
    Charter JI Member

My favorite is the Offensive pass interference call on Moss when we completed a little dump off pass to Martin 5 yards beyond the LOS. It pushed us back 10 yards, out of FG range, then the next play Penny Boy floated one to James Farrior.

I will ask the same question I asked yesterday...how the hell do they call offensive pass interference on Moss when the ball wasn&#39;t even thrown to or near Moss???

Charter JI Member
    Originally posted by IndianaJet@Dec 13 2004, 02:50 PM
    My favorite is the Offensive pass interference call on Moss when we completed a little dump off pass to Martin 5 yards beyond the LOS. It pushed us back 10 yards, out of FG range, then the next play Penny Boy floated one to James Farrior.

I will ask the same question I asked yesterday...how the hell do they call offensive pass interference on Moss when the ball wasn&#39;t even thrown to or near Moss???
    Did they ever show a replay of that call? I don&#39;t think so, the league should be embarrassed.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I was at the game. That first half completely demoralized the team . Was sitting right behind them.

Banned
    BOTTOM LINE

This was the closest thing I have seen to a FIXED GAME in all my years of watching football ... and that spans 30+ Years

That first half looked and smelled like a FIXED GAME ... like the outcome had been pre-determined by the officials

Now I&#39;m fairly certain that was not the case, but that is absolutely what it looked like

You couldn&#39;t make a game look more fixed if it was ACTUALLY FIXED

All League
    Originally posted by IndianaJet@Dec 13 2004, 02:50 PM

How? I&#39;ll tell you how.. Like i said above, there was no chance the refs were going to allow us to win yesterday...Just no %@^@&#036;# way..

Pitt is this years NFL media darling. The streak, Ben, Cowher...etc..

The NFL absolutly did not want us to win yesterday..

I hate to think this way but it was very abvious what was going on..

I want to puke..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I kept telling my son, who was watching the game on t.v. with me: "This is what it was like following the Jets in 1995-96: EVERY time we made a decent play or came up with a good stop on defense, the zebras would flag us."

Yesterday the first half became absolutely comical, and the biggest indictment of the one-sided officiating was 0 flags against the Jets in the second half. What, the Jets just learned how to play after the intermission?

Undrafted Free Agent
    It was sick to see even the fans around me said it was way to much

All League
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by parkwayjet1@Dec 13 2004, 02:58 PM
    I kept telling my son, who was watching the game on t.v. with me: "This is what it was like following the Jets in 1995-96: EVERY time we made a decent play or came up with a good stop on defense, the zebras would flag us."

Yesterday the first half became absolutely comical, and the biggest indictment of the one-sided officiating was 0 flags against the Jets in the second half. What, the Jets just learned how to play after the intermission?
    Some during yesterday&#39;s in game thread was listening to the game on a Pitts radio station.

They reported that someone on the Jets was really giving it to the refs on the way into the tunnel during halftime.

Banned
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Dec 13 2004, 02:56 PM
    BOTTOM LINE

This was the closest thing I have seen to a FIXED GAME in all my years of watching football ... and that spans 30+ Years

That first half looked and smelled like a FIXED GAME ... like the outcome had been pre-determined by the officials

Now I&#39;m fairly certain that was not the case, but that is absolutely what it looked like

You couldn&#39;t make a game look more fixed if it was ACTUALLY FIXED
    BTW, you know how I know this game was NOT fixed?

Cause if it were they would have used greater discretion ... at least tried NOT to make it look so obvious

This was simply the worst case of hometown refereeing you will see if you live to be a thousand

This was a band of officials who should be fired on the spot for their complete lack of professionalism ... having allowed themselves to be influenced by their surroundings to the point of conducting what might as well have been a FIXED GAME, cause they could not have been more one-sided if it were

In fact, I would argue that you would be LESS one-sided if the actual fix was in, if only not to get busted