Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: J MAC

Veteran
    i keep hearing how much moss sucks and all this bull sh&#33;t. i just thought id bring it to your attention that he (jmac) hasnt had a 100 yrd game this year. he has more caught more balls than moss to. yet he gets all this praise and moss gets dumped on. go figure <_< go ahead and defend him but the facts are facts Moss has 100 yard games this year and JMac doesnt.

All Pro
    JMAC isnt counted on to be the #1 WR YET, Moss is, especially how just last season he got 1,000+ yards.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    the correct response to Moss haters isn&#39;t to hate on McCareins - both are good WR... in fact the corp is better than it has been in years - it all starts with #10 folks, if he doesn&#39;t execute Hackett&#39;s offense crisply the whole thing comes down... The JETS don&#39;t have a Terrell Owens/Mike Williams type who can body out defenders and catch hospital passes - but even those guys drop the ball when it&#39;s late getting there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

that&#39;s like saying Quincy Carter is a better QB than Chad because he has a 60yd TD pass and chad doesnt.... wait.. i think some people are saying that.

All Pro
    c&#39;mon you guys know the routine. It takes 3 years to get fully aclimated with the WCO. I think McCarriens is being held back by the coaches like a lot of other people on this offense.

Waterboy
    Having the luxury of being at every home game, I will shed some light on this for you. I watch the receivers on just about every pass play. I have seen McCareins beat his coverage time and time again, yet Chad hasn&#39;t thrown to him. I specifically recall one play vs BUF where Chad rolled out and had McCareins wide open down the sideline. The safety was in single zone coverage nd had shaded Moss on the other side of the field while he was running a deep slant. That safety was about 15 yards from McCareins and the CB was in short zone and let McCareins go. Mcareins was about 30 yards downfield at that point. It looked as though Chad was looking right at Justin and even was about to make the throw, but Becht came underneath the CB in zone and Chad opted to throw to him instead. It went for 10 yards, however if he threw to McCareins, it would have gone for at least 50 if not a TD. That was the play that made me wonder if Chad trusts his arm, and prompted me to watch the WR&#39;s exclusively on pass plays.

I will tell you, the WR&#39;s are getting open. Sometimes wide open. Chad just ain&#39;t throwing it to them.

Veteran
    Originally posted by sandz@Dec 14 2004, 05:08 PM
    i keep hearing how much moss sucks and all this bull sh&#33;t. i just thought id bring it to your attention that he (jmac) hasnt had a 100 yrd game this year. he has more caught more balls than moss to. yet he gets all this praise and moss gets dumped on. go figure <_< go ahead and defend him but the facts are facts Moss has 100 yard games this year and JMac doesnt.
    have you seen what he does with the ball once he catches it?

look many 3rd down catches he has made to keep drives going?

look how many TD&#39;s santana has.

look how many J-mac has.

J-mac is the #1 right now.

Veteran
    plus moss is viewed as a #1, and we expect that kind of production, j-mac is viewed as a #2 and the expectations differ.

Veteran
    Originally posted by Boozer76@Dec 14 2004, 05:14 PM
    I will tell you, the WR&#39;s are getting open. Sometimes wide open. Chad just ain&#39;t throwing it to them.
    true

Veteran
    Plus it is hard to operate in the WCO, especially with a QB who lacks zip on the ball, when 2/3 of your starting receivers are under 5&#39;9 and 180lbs.

All Pro
    J MAC can&#39;t catch 100 yards worth of passes when you can count the number of times he&#39;s been thrown to per game on one hand, and still have a finger or two left. And has been mentioned, he&#39;s been getting open.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    No one wants rid of Sideline Santana more than me......

....but I AM willing to give him one more season, ONLY (and I mean ONLY) if Paul Hackett is fired this offseason.

I am willing to give Santana (and those who love him) the benefit of the doubt (and there are ALOT of doubts) for one more season if we have a competant O-Co calling the shots.

Otherwise, see ya Sideline. <_<

All Pro
    Originally posted by Warfish@Dec 14 2004, 04:29 PM
    No one wants rid of Sideline Santana more than me......

....but I AM willing to give him one more season, ONLY (and I mean ONLY) if Paul Hackett is fired this offseason.

I am willing to give Santana (and those who love him) the benefit of the doubt (and there are ALOT of doubts) for one more season if we have a competant O-Co calling the shots.

Otherwise, see ya Sideline. <_<
    I agree.

If Hackett is to stay here, ship him off for some draft picks or another WR...like my boy, Drew Bennett. (Big time wishing)

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by bitonti@Dec 14 2004, 05:11 PM
    the correct response to Moss haters isn&#39;t to hate on McCareins - both are good WR... in fact the corp is better than it has been in years - it all starts with #10 folks, if he doesn&#39;t execute Hackett&#39;s offense crisply the whole thing comes down... The JETS don&#39;t have a Terrell Owens/Mike Williams type who can body out defenders and catch hospital passes - but even those guys drop the ball when it&#39;s late getting there.
    amen...the only thing you need to look at every game is the "thrown to" stat...every game you see McCariens 3 catches thrown to 4 times. You can&#39;t do much if your QB doesn&#39;t look your way. Bottom line is that the reason Santana even had a good year last season was because he had the luxury (if you can even call it that) of Vinny throwing it to him for most of the year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    By the way.....it is my opinion that Pennington (and his noodle arm) require large, tall, strong WR&#39;s to truly flourish. His passes often lack the zip they need, or are well short, or lead his WR into hits. A small little WR afriad of hits like Santana is simply unable to beat the better (and some average) D-Backs in the NFL for position on the ball, or to handle the inevitable crushing hits Pennington will lead them into.

If I were Bradway, and I thought for a SECOND that I could get a #1 pick for Santana Moss and maybe another player (pick who you want rid of) in the top 10 I would do it.

Mike Williams is exactly the type of WR Chad Pennington needs to pair with McCareins. Get Williams for Santana/Player T.B.N.L. and with our own pick draft Virginia&#39;s Miller at TE.

Pennington would then have Williams, McCareins, Miller, Martin/Maybe Jordan, Sowell/Askew at his skill positions. Throw in a new O-Co, and that could be (even with Pennys obvious arm issues) a VERY potent offense.

As bad as I know we all THINK we need DB&#39;s (and we do) it is our OFFENSE that is killing us right now, not our D. Take a weapon in Round one, and draft DB&#39;s in rounds 2-3.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    before the Mike Williams chants get going in earnest, keep in mind that MW is an elite prospect - the JETS aren&#39;t gonna be drafting high enough even if they lose out... and another trade up is unlikely - there are no extra draft picks to play with...

Veteran
    Originally posted by bitonti@Dec 14 2004, 05:45 PM
    there are no extra draft picks to play with...
    none yet

All Pro
    Originally posted by rhyan66@Dec 14 2004, 04:24 PM
    Plus it is hard to operate in the WCO, especially with a QB who lacks zip on the ball, when 2/3 of your starting receivers are under 5&#39;9 and 180lbs.
    Yes.
    For example on that pass that Farrior tipped and intercepted......now if the WR Chad was throwing to was atleast 6 feet tall , he would have put more air ( yea, like he needs more air under his passes&#33 under the ball in order to get it over Farrior&#39;s head. Instead , Chad has to compensate for the lack of height of his WRs so the instead of the pass ascending at that point , its starting to descend in order to drop to the 5&#39;9" WR..............
    So our Offensive woes are due to a few things....

1) Hackett play calls
    2) Chad&#39;s lack of arm srength on some of the more difficult passes he might need to throw in a given game
    3) Short Wide Receivers who put pressure on Chad&#39;s accuracy

Thats my take on the whole thing. Lets not forget giving Lamont Jordan 3&#33;&#33;&#33; FRIGGIN 3 carries on Sunday vs the Steelers...... was and is a damn JOKE&#33;&#33;

Veteran
    well you really cant blame height because its not like santana cant get up there. after all santana has a 43" vertical. i think the problem lies with either hackett or chad. its not the receivers. all i know is something needs to change. its great throwing a two yard pass when you need two yards but it seems like we end up throwing two yard passes when we need 15. its really getting old.

is sowell still leading the team in receptions? thats a serious question

All Pro
    Originally posted by sandz@Dec 14 2004, 09:08 PM
    Well if Hackett threw more than 6 passes a game to the wideouts compared to the 23 Sowell and Martin get, maybe he would be close to 1000?

We really need to dig up the McCareins and Moss predictions for over 1000 yards each.