Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Paul Hackett wants to save his job...

then he should at least try to open up the offense more. Last week was a decent start with more throws to the wideouts, but he needs to keep it going. That way at the end of the season he can say to Herm and Terry, hey, at least we tried, we just don't have the personel to have a successful passing offense

All Pro
    if he wants to save his job we better win atleast 2 out 3 of teh last reguklar season games and go very deep into the post seaosn

All Pro
    For Hackett to stay we better put up more then 6 and 7 points against the best 2 teams in the league, we better at least be able to put in the endzone 2 times. If we are worse then 2-1 in the final 3, then he should be gone. If we're out after the Wild Card round, he should be gone. If we make the Divisional Round and yet again put up single digit points to New England or Pittsburgh, he should be gone. The only way I see him staying here is if we get to the AFC Championship Game or better.

Hall Of Fame
    Throw baldy under the bus yesterday.

All Pro
    If Hackett wants to save his job the Jets better be winning the AFC Championship.

Veteran
    screw that....i dont want him to save his job....period... The guy has done nothing in his entire tenure with the Jets to suggest he's suddenly going to open up the offense now. We'll get in the playoffs, get pressured and suddenly he'll have our offense back in the Claude Lemieux-turtle position. I hope he gets canned regardless.

All League
    Originally posted by jetsfanmack@Dec 16 2004, 08:18 PM
    then he should at least try to open up the offense more.
    We've been saying this for the last 4 years.

Do we need a thread every few hours to remind us of the fact that Hackett's offense is not imaginative or aggressive?

Can we, for once, consider that the personell and the man who hired Hackett, Herm Edwards, are at least PART of the problem before using Hackett as the easy scapegoat?

I tell ya, if Hackett is fired after the season and this offense does NOT produce, there's going to be hell to pay.

I'll go a step further....if we don't WIN THE DIVISION next year, I would NOT shed a tear if Herman Edwards is fired. End of story. Want this team to be elite? Well, Herm better prove he can take us to that next step. If Hackett really is the culprit 100 %, then Herm better shut his mouth and produce next season, after bringing in a good OC, that is.

Hall Of Fame
    IMO the heqadcoach should demend that HACKETT opens up the offense but the headcoach has said that he loves low scoring games with great defense. He learned it under DUNGY. Why should we believe that HERM wants it any differently now? And HERM did say that he was getting involved in the offense so it would be more aggressive . Did he lie? or is he involved and just screwing it up more?

He needs to have a set of balls implanted while having his head re,moved from his a$$. If you put his brain in a bird it would fly backwards!

All Pro
    Regardless of what we do in the final few games and Post-season (that is if we make it) I would rather Herm get rid of Hackett and bring in another coordinator. Our passing game is pathetic and needs to be addressed.

All League
    then he should at least try to open up the offense more. Last week was a decent start with more throws to the wideouts, but he needs to keep it going. That way at the end of the season he can say to Herm and Terry, hey, at least we tried, we just don't have the personel to have a successful passing offense
    Hackett HAS been opening the offensive this year more than last.

Allowing Quincy Carter to air it out when he became a starter in the first game
    was no doubt a surprise to everyone.

The problem here is his quarterback who even before his injury was showing
    signs of forcing certain plays and calling some bad audible to boot.

All Pro
    Even before his injury? Oh, you mean when we were 6-1.

All League
    Originally posted by nuu faaola@Dec 17 2004, 09:29 AM
    Even before his injury? Oh, you mean when we were 6-1.
    Yes sir when the defense was saving his ass.

All League
    Jets have the worst corp of receivers in the AFC East. I would trade the lot of them for any other group. Opening up the passing attack was done because of the Steelers tough run defense. Result, three INT's. Last December the Patriots stopped the Jets running attack in December and Hackett opened up the passing attack, Result: five INT's. It's dumb to ask the Jets to do something they don't have the talent to accomplish. They need at least two accomplished WR's/TE's next year. Until then its running a Hall of Fame Running back, don't go to an aggressive passing attack and give away turnovers. rely on a terrific defense and give the offense a chance to win in the 4th quarter. Pats, Seahawks and Rams don't possess the Steeler run defense. Make the playoffs and hope the Jets don't have to face the Steelers in Pittsburgh.

Veteran
    We should hire Holmgren as our OC after Seattle fires him after the season.

All League
    I agree with getting a legitimate tightend, but that's about all.

I strongly believe in building up our defense which in my opinion happens
    to be the strength of this football team.

Defense wins championship while the offense tends to get all the glory.

Shoot, give Pennington his glory for his dinks and dunks deep down inside we
    all know who deserves all the credit.

As much as I rip John Abraham, if we could get one full year of this guy WE WOULD WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

With a healthy Abraham the secondary can take care of it's self.

Without him we might has well look into make the defense stronger than it already is.

Veteran
    I think we should stick to running the ball. We opened it up last week and got smacked at the end. Run, run, run.....

Veteran
    We will make the playoffs.

Hackett will not got fired.

And it will be the defense that ultimately saves the OC's job.

I hope Hackett gets Donnie Henderson something very nice for Christmas this year. HENDU is the team MVP this season.

All Pro
    Everyone can see that our offense has been struggling and if he doesn't see that, I don't know who else will. So, in other words, he needs to find other ways to win and because many consider the JETS a good team, it's all on Hackett now to prove that those people are right.

Undrafted Free Agent
    the gratuitous "nice ass" photo in jetfan80's post is actually really disturbing. yeah, wonderful & inviting heart-shaped ass but check out the hideous ashy scaly psoriatic elbows.