Thread: Biggest Game of His Career

All League
    Simply, the Jets have to win this game. No excuses, no bs, no nonsense about "failure to execute" . ANd no flowery speeches can save him if they lose.

The Pats figure to be playing for 1 seed; they aren't rolling over.

The Rams, with a potent if flawed offense, will score points, and may be playing for the NFC West (very devalued) title at home. They aren't rolling over.

This is a winnable home game vs. a flawed team. If the jETS win, all the teams below them aren't likley to win out. 10 wins should get a wildcard berth.

Above all, it's about the offense. Henderson is already being talked about as a head coaching prospect-and deservedly so, given how much pressure this piss-poor offense puts on his unit.

I don't want to hear about how Hackett did this, or we didn't make the plays, blah, blah, blah.Don't want to see an offense that stalls, goes 3 and out and kicks Fgs. Don't want to see Lamont Jordan pinned to the bench if the game situation makes him a better fit. Talk's awful cheap and plentiful around Coach Edwards. Always has been. You're the head coach; this is your job; this is your responsbility. Address the situation, or BE GONE!

Veteran
    I agree..enough is enough...enough talk, I want to see actions. Play aggressive and to win... act like you want to be a playoff team.

All Pro
    Sorry the biggest game of his career was Oakland in 2002.

And we all know how that ended up.

All Pro
    The JETS are 5 - 1 at home this year and are also 8 - 1 against the Seahawks but they better not take that lightly because the Seahawks are still in the hunt too.

All Pro
    So when his team wins "the biggest game of his career" are you gonna lay off a little bit?

Yea I didn't think you would either.

All League
    Don't disagree entirely, GOB. More like the biggest to this point. If the jets don't make the playoffs, all bets are off and Woody Johnson will be asking some hard questions after 4 years of Hermie-
    Why was Hackett allowed to do this;
    who, if anyone, looked over his shoulder;
    why are we devoting huge resources to a QB who may be chronically injured an/or have a popgun arm;
    what will change if we let Hackett go;
    what exactly does this HC do RE-the offense.

I think Pennington is hurt worse than anyone's saying. And when he's healthy, he can be a good if limited NFL QB. But 2 big injuries in 2 years has to give this franchise pause.

As to laying off the Master Motivator, tell me the game where you saw him totally school and outcoach an opponent in a big game(other than Dungy).

All League
    This is a pivotal game for the Jets, they win and in all likelihood they will be in the playoffs before game time next week. If they lose they will have to win out against 2 very good opponents and hope a few other games break their way.

The finish of the 2002 regular season was dramatic and entertaining but their is no good reason for a repetiton of the same scenario when the Jets had the ability to control their on destiny.

If the Jets blow tomorrow's game Woody should cut his losses and ax both Herm and Hackett.

All Pro
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria@Dec 18 2004, 11:47 AM
    Sorry the biggest game of his career was Oakland in 2002.

And we all know how that ended up.
    Your right Guns but he had a rookie QB that year...

This year they are both 2 years older and jpefully 2 years wiser