Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eli out preforms Chad...

Banned
    in back-to-back weeks, the Steelers faced both Chad and Eli

Chad: 17/31 for 189 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT, 16 rushing yards, offense scores 6 total points

Eli: 16/23 for 182 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 18 rushing yards, offense scores 23 points (im not counting the kickoff return)

I can't wait to hear the crap you guys will give me for this one :lol:

Banned
    Originally posted by blackout806@Dec 18 2004, 04:39 PM
    I can't wait to hear the crap you guys will give me for this one :lol:
    Not a peep out of me ... you're right

Eli Manning looked like the veteran today, while Chad {as is often the case verses quality defenses} looked like the rookie last week

Banned
    eli also had more success than mcnabb and brady. so what the hell is your point? the steelers were away on this one, it would have been diff if it was it pittsburgh

All League
    It would have only mattered if they won.

Besides... how many games has Eli won this year? Chad?

That game meant nothing for the Steelers.

BZ

All League
    Originally posted by BwanaZulia@Dec 18 2004, 06:44 PM

That game meant nothing for the Steelers.

BZ
    :blink:

ever hear of home field advantage?

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    Eli sucks. He may, just may, mature into an OK QB. You can't compare Manning to Chad. It's an insult to Chad....noodle arm and all .

All League
    I am not going to compare the two situations because two entirely different scenerios- that being said Chad in my mind has to prove he can come up and produce wins in crucial games against good defenses-until he starts doing that he will not be an elite QB-and this is not meant to a Chad bashing.

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Chad was slightly hampered by the zebras, but this was a different game in a different stadium.

All League
    Originally posted by DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2@Dec 18 2004, 05:46 PM
    Eli sucks. He may, just may, mature into an OK QB. You can't compare Manning to Chad. It's an insult to Chad....noodle arm and all .
    Admit it, you would sell your soul to get Eli.

Please.

BZ

All League
    Charter JI Member

That game DID mean something to the Steelers. Those three points may well mean home field advantage in the AFC championship game.

Eli still has a lot to prove.

And, blackout, Tupac is still dead.

All League
    Nice performance, it's true.

But in the end, another loss for the Giants. And the Steelers survived a trap game

Practice Squad
    ok i think we should cut chad and go sing manning, charles woodson, and trade for jesus with our first round pick

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    Originally posted by BwanaZulia+Dec 18 2004, 08:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BwanaZulia @ Dec 18 2004, 08:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2@Dec 18 2004, 05:46 PM
    Eli sucks. He may, just may, mature into an OK QB. You can&#39;t compare Manning to Chad. It&#39;s an insult to Chad....noodle arm and all .
    Admit it, you would sell your soul to get Eli.

Please.

BZ [/b][/quote]
    Bullshmizzle man. No way. Eli is NO Peyton. Not even close. In fact, I&#39;d take Fiedler over Eli any day of the week. Eli is an absolute disaster. I don&#39;t want Eli on MY team.

All League
    Originally posted by DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2@Dec 18 2004, 04:46 PM
    Eli sucks. He may, just may, mature into an OK QB. You can&#39;t compare Manning to Chad. It&#39;s an insult to Chad....noodle arm and all .
    Chad&#39;s noodle is piloting a team that is in the running for a playoff berth in Week 15 of the season. Eli Manning inherited a playoff contender and drove them into the ground, including a 0.0 QB rating last week against the Ravens

the question is where do Phish Fans get off evaluating other teams QB s ? This from a team that threw away a 2nd round pick on a career backup with the expectations he would put them in the Post Season ? Last I looked the Phish were give the 9ers a run for their money to beat them into the cellar. The same Phish that were humiliated on national TV in a Monday Night rout by the Jets and their noodle arm QB.

Hey DW2 getting ready for another Monday Night Shellacking ?

It appears the Phishies owner and senior management are as competent in off field matters as Wanny and that bunch of princesses are on the field.

This from Profootballtalk this morning:

TEMPERS FLARING IN SOUTH FLORIDA

As conflicting media reports have surfaced regarding the status of the Miami Dolphins&#39; pursuit of LSU coach Nick Saban, a source close to the action tells us that one of Saban&#39;s LSU assistants, Derek Dooley, called a current Dolphins assistant coach on Friday. Dooley explained that, since he is going to be the special teams coach with the Dolphins next year, he wants to get some information about some of the players on the roster.

Dooley currently serves as assistant head coach, running backs coach, and special teams coach with Saban at LSU.

The move threw jet fuel on an already raging inferno in South Florida, where players are becoming increasingly upset by the overt pursuit of Saban, at the exclusion of other candidates.

And Dooley&#39;s foolishness makes us wonder whether Saban really is the right guy for an NFL job. Shouldn&#39;t Saban have a tighter rein on these guys? More importantly, shouldn&#39;t Saban be hiring assistants who are smart enough to know when it might be prudent to exercise a little discretion?

On this point, we&#39;re continuing to hear that Saban&#39;s handling of players and staff members will be a problem for him. Even folks who have high regard for Saban have told us that "he can grate on you," and that "he has trouble retaining coaches" because "he has mistreated a lot of people."
    Yep DW2 the cat is out of the bag and it is about to take a dump on the Poinsettia.

With a coaching staff like this the Phishies will be firmly ensconced as a place in South Florida for AFC East Teams to wipe their feet for the next few seasons.

All Pro
    The difference between this giants game and the Jets game of last week is simple.Our big plays didn`t count,and the Giants big plays did.Eli had 1 long pass,and so did Chad.Tiki Had 1 long run,and so did Lamont.Circumstances dictated the play of both QBsand that`s the simple truth.With all that being said,the Kid looked a hell of alot better than our golden boy. Boomer said it best during his pregame commentary.Chad Pennington needs a good showing tomorrow to quiet the natives in Jetsville.

Hall Of Fame
    Just a stupid thread.

Giants at home.

Trap game for the Steelers.

Do you really think the Steelers played with the same level of intensity as tehy did against us last week?

Maxman
    He is out preforming him huh?

These bleads? These bleads right here?

All League
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Dec 18 2004, 04:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Dec 18 2004, 04:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-blackout806@Dec 18 2004, 04:39 PM
    I can&#39;t wait to hear the crap you guys will give me for this one :lol:
    Not a peep out of me ... you&#39;re right

Eli Manning looked like the veteran today, while Chad {as is often the case verses quality defenses} looked like the rookie last week [/b][/quote]
    Now that you jumped off the bandwagon because of one game, do everyone a favor and stay off the bandwagon. It&#39;s morons like you that have fans of other teams calling the Jets fans the worst in the NFL.

All League
    Originally posted by rajensen088+Dec 18 2004, 08:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rajensen088 @ Dec 18 2004, 08:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Dec 18 2004, 04:42 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-blackout806
    @Dec 18 2004, 04:39 PM
    I can&#39;t wait to hear the crap you guys will give me for this one :lol:

Not a peep out of me ... you&#39;re right

Eli Manning looked like the veteran today, while Chad {as is often the case verses quality defenses} looked like the rookie last week
    Now that you jumped off the bandwagon because of one game, do everyone a favor and stay off the bandwagon. It&#39;s morons like you that have fans of other teams calling the Jets fans the worst in the NFL. [/b][/quote]
    rajensen...what did Ham say that wasnt true?

Practice Squad
    He played pretty well and finally showed some poise. Cant wait till Monday morning to hear all the "experts" on ESPN radio who, to a man, were calling the decision to start Eli again "the biggest mis-que of any coach or organization this season. Guess they dont watch Paul Hacketts play call too closely. Actually, they were joking that the OC vacancy in Chouderland could be filled by Hackett - then there was a bunch of laughter - then silence - then they laughed through the old "I dont think so". Nice to know he&#39;s a joke to national radio too.