View Poll Results: The best qb to have over the next decade?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben Roethlisberger

2 6.67%
  • Peyton Manning

10 33.33%
  • Chad Pennington

4 13.33%
  • Michael Vick

1 3.33%
  • Tom Brady

9 30.00%
  • Eli Manning

1 3.33%
  • Byron Leftwich

1 3.33%
  • Drew Brees

0 0%
  • Carson Palmer

2 6.67%

Thread: The best qb to have over the next decade?

You can have one, no serious salary cap implications.. take everything else into consideration (time to develop, toughness, how long they will play, etc). Which qb gives you the best chance to win championships the most times over the next decade?

me thinks tom brady will have more super bowl rings than any of these guys when it is all said and done.

Manning, because he is on a level of play that is going to generate points no matter who he has or facing. He also has the ability to overcome a poor coach because no matter what idiot they get Manning is going to run the show up at the line. No other QB has the ability to do that or the natural ability to play QB.If you throw Manning onto any team with even an adequete defense he would win the championship more often than not.

I would probably put Brady second. Hes won big games, but I have my doubts that if you stick him on those Colt type teams he would have those two rings. Talent wise he is not in Mannings league nor does he have the reputation to be able to call a game himself, which means if he gets stuck with a guy like Hackett he would go downhill.

I actually think I would put Carson Palmer 3. Hes young and about ready to be a very good QB. He looks to have the tools and I really like the poise I have seen out of him. His development from college and the 2003 preseason to the 2004 season has been nothing short of amazing. I really think he is going to be a keeper in this league.

I take Chad 4th and Roethlisberger 5th. Ben has the tools, but right now if you put him on 80% of the leagues teams he is not having this breakout kind of season everyone points to. He does have great pocket presence and that will and drive to win games.

Vick is 6th. Hes always going to be an injury concern and the older you get the slower you get. Take away Vicks legs and he is the worst QB in the league not calling Chicago a home. I just dont see any improvement coming from him.

Leftwich is a close 7th. Hes as tough as they come and a real gamer which you love to have at that position. I don't buy Brees' big year as anything to count on. If he needed a challenge from a rookie to raise his level of play than that is a guy who will never be a great QB. Ive seen too much bad to be confident in him.

Eli is going to have a tough time. Had his name not been Manning he would have been the third QB taken this year and the expectation level is so high for him that I could see him cracking. I understand a rookie having big problems at the position, especially on a team like the Giants, but he has barely shown glimpses of being an NFL level QB which scares me. I would put him ahead of Kyle Boller, but not by much.

Rookie
    No need to mention who i voted for (Hint: He's NEVER lost) :lol:

All Pro
    As much as it pains me to say it... Cindy Brady.

Banned
    I will take Brady till someone else proves otherwise.

Veteran
    i went with vick. everyone seems to under-rate him anymore. the facts are facts hes played Two seasons without injury and led his team to the playoffs twice. the season he was hurt the falcons had the 8th overall pick in the draft first qb to throw for 3000 yrds and run for 1000. thats damn impressive

The thing about Brady- intangibles. Just doesn't matter where, when, or how.. this guy wins big games. Best pressure qb in the game. Manning is the prettier qb, but if you knock him in the mouth early, he gets frightened. Brady consistently brings his A game, even if all the odds are against him. Manning may be Marino, but Brady is Montana- and as far as I'm concerned, the only stat that matters is championships.

Banned
    Vick, simply because he'd bring my team a fortune of money through ticket sales and tv & radio contracts

Banned
    call me crazy, I went with carson palmer.