Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Any news on John Abe??

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Elizabeth, NJ
    Posts
    1,758
    anyone know if john abraham playing next week against the patsies?? I really want him to play but if he is not 100 percent then i just say we rest him for the playoffs.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    18,661
    we'll be lucky if he makes it for the playoffs, little to no chance he plays this wek

    just my opinion though, def not official

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,484
    From what they said last night on the radio he is out until at least the last game of the season and if the game is not important will try to get him back for the playoffs

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    he's still out and the defense is playing better than ever -

    anyone notice #99 and #92 kicking ass all over the place?

    this is exactly why the team will not sign Abe long term. he'll get a tag but that's it.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,313
    True Bit, I noticed Ellis and Thomas getting one on one matchups and really pushing the pocket back. THey dont have that speed to blow by tackles, but they sure do push that pocket and play excellent on running plays. This might be because of Fergy and Robertson getting more attention.....hmmmm.

  6. #6
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Califon, NJ
    Posts
    417
    Just heard on the radio that Abraham has been ruled out of this week's game.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    3,682
    Again, absolutely no reason to re-sign Abraham longterm after the season. Hopefully Terry Bradway reads this message board, because he would most certainly see that tagging Abe is the right move.

    It's hard to be a defensive MVP or impact player when you are riding the bench. Sorry to Abe's biggest fans, but giving him the same type of pact that Ellis received is far too risky, and its not like our defense suffers without him (Johnson and Thomas are very capable of filling in if Abe does get signed by someone else).

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    1,535
    Originally posted by JetsGodfather@Dec 20 2004, 04:00 PM
    Just heard on the radio that Abraham has been ruled out of this week's game.
    the only news i heard on abe was that he is getting tagged after the season and traded to dallas for 2 1st rders.

    thats all i've heard.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    3,168
    How quickly some of you forget.

    Our pass rush has been 1/2 of what it was with him out of the lineup.

    I hope he is back for the Rams game, so he wont be rusty for the playoffs.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    3,682
    Originally posted by Icer@Dec 21 2004, 12:56 AM
    How quickly some of you forget.

    Our pass rush has been 1/2 of what it was with him out of the lineup.

    I hope he is back for the Rams game, so he wont be rusty for the playoffs.
    Our run defense is a bit better without him, though.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    3,168
    Originally posted by Jetsfan80+Dec 21 2004, 01:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jetsfan80 @ Dec 21 2004, 01:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Icer@Dec 21 2004, 12:56 AM
    How quickly some of you forget.

    Our pass rush has been 1/2 of what it was with him out of the lineup.

    I hope he is back for the Rams game, so he wont be rusty for the playoffs.
    Our run defense is a bit better without him, though. [/b][/quote]
    How do you figure? Shaun Alexander ran for 4ypc, and Bettis rocked us.
    Although we did stop Duce Staley, but he isnt playing well since his injury.

    Abe has played really good against the run this year, he hasnt been a liability at all.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,148
    We&#39;re gonna miss him this week against the Pats. Jason Taylor was bringing constant pressure against Matt Light, and Abraham would be doing the same if he could play, he&#39;s played very well over his career against the Pats.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    3,682
    Originally posted by Icer+Dec 21 2004, 01:05 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Icer @ Dec 21 2004, 01:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Jetsfan80@Dec 21 2004, 01:00 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Icer
    @Dec 21 2004, 12:56 AM
    How quickly some of you forget.

    Our pass rush has been 1/2 of what it was with him out of the lineup.

    I hope he is back for the Rams game, so he wont be rusty for the playoffs.

    Our run defense is a bit better without him, though.
    How do you figure? Shaun Alexander ran for 4ypc, and Bettis rocked us.
    Although we did stop Duce Staley, but he isnt playing well since his injury.

    Abe has played really good against the run this year, he hasnt been a liability at all. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;d say holding Alexander to 70 yards, 4 ypc, and 0 TDs is quite a feat.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,092
    Originally posted by Vinny025@Dec 20 2004, 01:38 PM
    True Bit, I noticed Ellis and Thomas getting one on one matchups and really pushing the pocket back. THey dont have that speed to blow by tackles, but they sure do push that pocket and play excellent on running plays. This might be because of Fergy and Robertson getting more attention.....hmmmm.
    You are correct.....they do good on the RUSH.....we need abe for the pass defense. Abe breaks hella tackles and puts a lot of pressure on QB&#39;s and has been known to stop a run or two. I think Abe, Ellis and Thomas play well together. Seperately or without one of the tandem...they suffer in some sort of way. They play well, but their individual weaknesses are exploited when they are not together. I&#39;d like to have them all.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    3,682
    Originally posted by jets28+Dec 21 2004, 01:29 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jets28 @ Dec 21 2004, 01:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vinny025@Dec 20 2004, 01:38 PM
    True Bit, I noticed Ellis and Thomas getting one on one matchups and really pushing the pocket back. THey dont have that speed to blow by tackles, but they sure do push that pocket and play excellent on running plays. This might be because of Fergy and Robertson getting more attention.....hmmmm.
    You are correct.....they do good on the RUSH.....we need abe for the pass defense. Abe breaks hella tackles and puts a lot of pressure on QB&#39;s and has been known to stop a run or two. I think Abe, Ellis and Thomas play well together. Seperately or without one of the tandem...they suffer in some sort of way. They play well, but their individual weaknesses are exploited when they are not together. I&#39;d like to have them all. [/b][/quote]
    Of course it would be great to have Abe healthy, but the fact that Thomas and Johnson have done well in their roles is a GREAT thing to know. This defense has a lot more depth than we ever thought, and BT is NO BUST.

  16. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,092
    Originally posted by Jetsfan80+Dec 21 2004, 01:35 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jetsfan80 @ Dec 21 2004, 01:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by jets28@Dec 21 2004, 01:29 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Vinny025
    @Dec 20 2004, 01:38 PM
    True Bit, I noticed Ellis and Thomas getting one on one matchups and really pushing the pocket back. THey dont have that speed to blow by tackles, but they sure do push that pocket and play excellent on running plays. This might be because of Fergy and Robertson getting more attention.....hmmmm.

    You are correct.....they do good on the RUSH.....we need abe for the pass defense. Abe breaks hella tackles and puts a lot of pressure on QB&#39;s and has been known to stop a run or two. I think Abe, Ellis and Thomas play well together. Seperately or without one of the tandem...they suffer in some sort of way. They play well, but their individual weaknesses are exploited when they are not together. I&#39;d like to have them all.
    Of course it would be great to have Abe healthy, but the fact that Thomas and Johnson have done well in their roles is a GREAT thing to know. This defense has a lot more depth than we ever thought, and BT is NO BUST. [/b][/quote]
    Not saying that at all love...they all are great and Im happy to see the defense play well inspite of Abe&#39;s injury and loss. But Abe brings an energy to the defense also that is missed. Im glad we have this kind of depth. Im happy as drunk with a bottle....but Abe is missed too.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,186
    Originally posted by Icer@Dec 21 2004, 12:56 AM
    How quickly some of you forget.

    Our pass rush has been 1/2 of what it was with him out of the lineup.

    I hope he is back for the Rams game, so he wont be rusty for the playoffs.
    Tell me about it. The pass rush has been nowhere close to the way it was. Hendu has had to blitz to compensate due to really no pressure rushing 4. Also, when will Ellis play up to his contract? I know he doesn&#39;t give up on any plays but can we please see some impact plays.


    Jetfan80, the rush defense has been good all year and Abe&#39;s back side run support has been awesome.

    JMO

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us