Thread: Best Defense Playing

All Pro
    Did someone say the Jets and the Colts.

One reason makes this statement true.Both teams can apply pressure with just their front 4,meaning they can do whatever they wish with the rest of the defenders.Please Derrick Strait,show something so we don`t have to watch Buckley and Abraham get beat by whoever anymore.

All League
    Originally posted by Tinstar@Dec 20 2004, 08:41 PM

One reason makes this statement true.Both teams can apply pressure with just their front 4,meaning they can do whatever they wish with the rest of the defenders.Please Derrick Strait,show something so we don`t have to watch Buckley and Abraham get beat by whoever anymore.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you say the Colts have one of the best defenses among the playoff teams?

If the Pats, Steelers, Ravens, Eagles, Falcons, and Bills were not going to make the playoffs, that might be a true statement.

You must have forgotten that this same Colts defense got rolled over by the Chiefs and haven't exactly dominated even the weaker teams on D.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Jetsfan80+Dec 20 2004, 09:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jetsfan80 &#064; Dec 20 2004, 09:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tinstar@Dec 20 2004, 08:41 PM

Correct me if I&#39;m wrong, but did you say the Colts have one of the best defenses among the playoff teams?

If the Pats, Steelers, Ravens, Eagles, Falcons, and Bills were not going to make the playoffs, that might be a true statement.

You must have forgotten that this same Colts defense got rolled over by the Chiefs and haven&#39;t exactly dominated even the weaker teams on D. [/b][/quote]
    Yes, but the Colts do have, in my mind, the best defensive end in the NFL in Dwight Freeney and they can get to any QB eaisly. Doss and Harper arn&#39;t horrible DB&#39;s either. Colts D is decent, they are not 2nd best behind us. Heck, we arn&#39;t even the best, Pittsburgh&#39;s is.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

The Colts defense is horrid.

28th in the league and by far the worst of all AFC playoff teams.

Board Moderator
    Charter JI Member

i like our D a lot, we&#39;ve got a good 11 w/ some depth, and our scheme suits them well - love the second half shutouts, too. and i hate to say it, but i don&#39;t think there&#39;s a D playing any better than the bills right now. hope it&#39;s &#39;too little, too late&#39; for them, though...