Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: It is amazing what one win will do

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,096
    Last week, the general consensus was that we could never win w/ Penny, we can't win big games, we are dommed w/ herm, hacker etc etc. This week, it is amazing how many SB posts I have read on this board. I'm not saying one is right or wrong (although last week's criticisms and general negative feel was utterly ridiculous) rather I am just pointing out how truly amazing it is what one game in the NFL can do.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,382
    Originally posted by LesterLyles@Dec 21 2004, 10:13 PM
    Last week, the general consensus was that we could never win w/ Penny, we can't win big games, we are dommed w/ herm, hacker etc etc. This week, it is amazing how many SB posts I have read on this board. I'm not saying one is right or wrong (although last week's criticisms and general negative feel was utterly ridiculous) rather I am just pointing out how truly amazing it is what one game in the NFL can do.
    And if you notice, none of the Pennington bashers have really said anything about his performance on Sunday against a secondary who is 2nd in the NFL in INT's.

  3. #3
    TomShane
    Guest
    Les, you know my position, bro. IMO, the biggest thing to happen to the Jets this week was the Pats looking extremely vulnerable against the Dolphins. Beating the Seahawks, while an impressive win, was a de facto formality.

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    675
    Originally posted by LesterLyles@Dec 21 2004, 11:13 PM
    Last week, the general consensus was that we could never win w/ Penny, we can't win big games, we are dommed w/ herm, hacker etc etc. This week, it is amazing how many SB posts I have read on this board. I'm not saying one is right or wrong (although last week's criticisms and general negative feel was utterly ridiculous) rather I am just pointing out how truly amazing it is what one game in the NFL can do.
    THANK YOU! I don't come on as often as I used to but after the Pittsburg game I came on and couldn't believe some of the crap I was reading and I let it be known in a few threads. People calling for Carter? Chad stinks?? Puhleeze people, we were 9 and 3 and played the steelers (the best team in the nfl right now) to the wire. 9 and 4, now 10 and 4. Penny is the franchise and 2 weeks later he is a dog who can't win. Unfreakingbelievable.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,096
    Originally posted by TomShane@Dec 21 2004, 11:16 PM
    Les, you know my position, bro. IMO, the biggest thing to happen to the Jets this week was the Pats looking extremely vulnerable against the Dolphins. Beating the Seahawks, while an impressive win, was a de facto formality.
    hey, I think the SB talk is premature as well and you make a good point about the Pats veing vulnerable.

    For me, the Seahawks game to me thatthis O can still get to that '02 form. Yes, the Hawks D stinks but football is a game of momentum, rythm and going far in January depends on who peaks at the right time. It remains to be seen obviously but if the offesnse's perfomance last sunday is an indication of what we will see in the next month, we could do some damage.

    Again, it was only one game so SB talk is premature. Lets beat the Patsies.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    3,682
    Let's face it, we Jets fans have Bipolar Football dDsorder (BFD). Unlike any city in the nation, and maybe the world, we absolutely love our team when it wins and can have some hatred for it (but moreso for the hatred of losing than actual hatred of the team) when it loses. Is that a bad thing to be? I don't think so. It means we are passionate about our team, we feel the ups and downs just as they do. And if we win a championship? No NFL teams' fans will EVER be as happy as us.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,727
    I was making the point we are built for the playoff run and this year it is very possible we can get to the big dance.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,582
    Originally posted by Jetsfan80@Dec 21 2004, 11:54 PM
    Let's face it, we Jets fans have Bipolar Football dDsorder (BFD). Unlike any city in the nation, and maybe the world, we absolutely love our team when it wins and can have some hatred for it (but moreso for the hatred of losing than actual hatred of the team) when it loses. Is that a bad thing to be? I don't think so. It means we are passionate about our team, we feel the ups and downs just as they do. And if we win a championship? No NFL teams' fans will EVER be as happy as us.
    Well Said

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us