Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets send 3 to Hawaii (MERGED)

I just saw the Eagles got nine players. I wonder when the Jets will release their players.

All Pro
    The NFL Pro Bowl Team will be announced today at 4pm according to NFL.com

Anyone want to send me a text message on my phone with the Jets that make it?

All League
    I saw this...Hope Lynch enjoys the Pro Bowl, because he won't be going to the Playoffs!! :lol:

ESPN.com news services
    The Philadelphia Eagles announced Wednesday that nine players were named to the NFC Pro Bowl team, led by Donovan McNabb and Terrell Owens.

The NFL will announce the full rosters for this year's Pro Bowl teams Wednesday at 4 p.m. ET.

Owens

McNabb

It is the fifth selection for McNabb and Owens, who underwent successful surgery Wednesday morning to stablize the right ankle sprain sustained in the Eagles' 12-7 victory over the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, the team announced.

The other Eagles selected to the team: David Akers (kicker, 3rd selection); Brian Dawkins (free safety, 4th); Michael Lewis (strong safety, 1st); Ike Reese (special teams, 1st); Lito Sheppard (cornerback, 1st); Tra Thomas (tackle, 3rd); and Jeremiah Trotter (linebacker, 3rd).

The total of nine selections is the highest the Eagles ever had voted into the Pro Bowl. In 2002, Philadelphia had 10 players in the game, but some of those were as alternates.

McNabb, who has been a Pro Bowl player in each of his five seasons since becoming the team's starting quarterback, has thrown for 3,839 yards and 30 touchdowns for a 103.8 passer rating this season. Owens, in his first season with the Eagles after eight years with San Francisco, leads the NFC in touchdown catches with 14, and is third in NFC with 1,200 yards.

The Minnesota Vikings also announced Wednesday three players had been selected for the game.

Daunte Culpepper will be making his third appearance, and second straight, in his five seasons as a starter. He leads the NFC in toucdown passes (34), passing yards (4,133), completion percentage (69.9) and passer rating (110.1).

Matt Birk (center, 4th selection) and Kevin Williams (defensive tackle, 1st selection) were the other Vikings named to the team. Williams is in his second season in the league.

Cornerback Champ Bailey and safety John Lynch will represent the Denver Broncos in the Pro Bowl, the team announced Wednesday.

The players are both in their first year with the Broncos Denver has had at least one player in the game for 24 consecutive seasons.

The Pro Bowl appearance will be the fifth in a row for Bailey, the only cornerback in the NFL to start every game (94) since 1999. He leads the team with three interceptions this season.

Bailey is the only cornerback in the NFL to start every game since 1999. He leads the Broncos with three interceptions and has broken up 11 passes. The Broncos acquired him in a blockbuster trade this offseason, sending Clinton Portis to Washington in exchange for Bailey and a second-round draft pick.

Lynch will be making his sixth appearance in the game. In 13 games this season, he has 68 tackles, two sacks and one interception.

The Broncos signed Lynch when his first team, Tampa Bay, decided to part ways after 11 seasons. Lynch came into this season after delicate neck surgery that brought into question his ability to play.

He has 63 tackles, two sacks, three forced fumbles and an interception.

This will be his first trip back to the Pro Bowl since 2002.

The Pro Bowl teams are made up of the consensus votes of fans, players and coaches. Each group's vote counts one-third toward determining the 43-man rosters.

The starters for the annual all-star game, to be played Feb. 13 in Honolulu, will be announced during one of the halftimes of the wild card games to air on ABC on Jan. 8.

All Pro
    I'm reading on ESPN.com that the Eagles are reportedly sending 9 to Hawaii.

9?????

Must be nice to play in a pathetic conference

All League
    JUST HEARD TIKI BARBER MADE IT

3 Bengals - Chad Johnson, Willie Anderson and Torri James.

Of the nine Eagles, Kearse was not one of them?

All Pro
    I don't suppose the Jets would like to leak out the names of their players eh?

I'd have to say:

Martin
    Sowell
    Mawae
    Kendall
    Robertson
    Ferguson

Stretch?
    ----------
    Ellis
    Abe

All League
    One from Washington...

Marcus Washington, the second leading tackler on the No. 2 defense in the league, was announced Wednesday as the Washington Redskins sole representative to the Pro Bowl.

Veteran
    Of course the Eagles will send the most, the rest of the NFC couldn't win the Grey Cup

All Pro
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria@Dec 22 2004, 01:01 PM

I'd have to say:

Martin
    Sowell
    Mawae
    Kendall
    Robertson
    Ferguson

Stretch?
    ----------
    Ellis
    Abe
    Robertson and Ferguson?? No way. Abe will make it. Hopefully one of the DTs will as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria@Dec 22 2004, 01:01 PM

I'd have to say:

Martin
    Sowell
    Mawae
    Kendall
    Robertson
    Ferguson

Stretch?
    ----------
    Ellis
    Abe
    Way too many.

Curtis, Mawae, Sowll and Abe will likely be it.

Rookie
    Jets to Send Three to Hawaii

The New York Jets announced Wednesday that three of their players, WE John Abraham, RB Curtis Martin and C Kevin Mawae, have been selected to represent the American Football Conference in the Pro Bowl, the NFL’s annual all-star game.

Abraham will be making his third appearance in the Pro Bowl, having also represented the AFC in 2001 and 2002. Abraham is tied for third in the AFC with nine-and-a-half sacks and added 48 tackles, two forced fumbles, a fumble recovery and three passes defensed this season.

Abraham’s nomination marks the fourth consecutive season that the Jets have sent a defensive lineman to the Pro Bowl, (Abraham 2001-02 and DE Shaun Ellis in 2003). Abraham has missed the last two games with a knee injury suffered against the Houston Texans on December 5, 2004.

Martin, now in his 10th season, will be making his fourth trip to Hawaii, having also gone in his rookie season of 1995, his first season with the Jets in 1998 and again in 2001. Martin, the NFL’s leading rusher with 1,511 yards on 330 carries this season, has scored 12 rushing touchdowns in 2004, a Club record. He also has added two receiving touchdowns and is tied for the Club’s all-time single season lead in the category with three other players. Martin’s 1,511 yards, coming in 14 starts, are just two yards shy of tying the Club mark and his career-best of 1,513 yards (2001).

Martin has rushed for 13,180 yards, the fifth-most rushing yards in NFL history and is 80 yards shy of moving past Hall of Famer Eric Dickerson and into fourth-place on the NFL’s all-time rushing yardage list.

Mawae will be making his sixth consecutive Pro Bowl appearance. The 6-4, 289-pound Louisiana State product is the first New York Jets’ player to attend six straight Pro Bowls. T Winston Hill appeared in three straight AFL All-Star Games (1967-’69) and four straight Pro Bowls (1970-’73). Mawae signed with the Jets as an unrestricted free agent in 1998 after spending the first four years of his career with the Seattle Seahawks. He has been a key reason for the Jets’ second-ranked rushing offense in the NFL this season and displayed his toughness by playing with a broken bone in his right hand earlier this season and switched to snapping with his left hand to compensate.

“Everyone dreams about going to the Pro Bowl,” Mawae said. “It’s everyone’s goal when they come into the League. The first time is great, but being selected year after year is an even bigger accomplishment. It’s a question of maintaining focus and determination as the years go on.”

Mawae, who is of Hawaiian heritage, still has many relatives living on the Hawaiian Islands. He has played in 169 consecutive regular season NFL games and hasn’t missed a snap since his arrival via unrestricted free agency from Seattle prior to the 1998 season – a streak of 110 straight games, the longest current streak on the Jets and the fourth-longest consecutive games started streak in Club history.

The Pro Bowl will be played on Sunday, February 8, 2004 at Aloha Stadium.

Veteran
    No Sowell? Wow!

Congrats to the rest of the guys though

All Pro
    Sowell and DRob got robbed in my opinion. Should have been 5!

I really thought D-Rob would have been selected

All League
    we'll have at least three alternates I would guess

Undrafted Free Agent
    Yeah, all I heard in every article was that Sowell was leading in votes. I voted for him, who got in instead of him.

Another player from the D needs to go. D-Rob or Barton would be great. The way players pull out and injuries become a factor I bet a couple more Jets will go.

Congrats to Abe, Mawae, and of course, the man, Curtis.

All League
    im upset that SOWELL didnt make it....he gets no respect

Banned
    No Sowell???...LOL