Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BLOWOUT

Banned
    This past sunday, about 30 minutes prior to the kickoff, I predicted an offensive explosion from the Jets

I Just sensed the Jets offense would circle the wagons after so much criticism {from myself included}, and they would make that poor Seattle defense pay dearly

This week I have that same feeling ... all season the Jets have been challenged to beat an elite team ... twice ON THE ROAD they were unable to do so in close games

Now they get their last regular season crack at this thing in our building, and I'm feeling a blowout

Not kidding .... I see the Jets winning this game in a rout ... something like 31-10

They are gonna be SKY HIGH for this football game ... almost crazed ... and this is gonna be a LONG DAY for NE

Call it a hunch, but it's more than that .. I think the Jets have the horses to smash this team if the Jets bring their A-GAME, and I see the Jets bringing their A+ GAME this week

I Just feel it in my bones .. I feel supremely confident about this game .. we are gonna blow this team out of the building

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I just want a W

JetsInsider.com Legend
    AGREE

something about this game screams "blowout"

maybe it's the short week after MNF

maybe it's the piss poor injury situation of the PATS DB's

maybe it's Brady looking like garbage

maybe it's Weiss trying to do two jobs...

i dunno but i picked the exact point spread last week on Baddniss' thread and this week im predicting blowout - something along the lines of 35-7 - in other words an asswhippin

All League
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Dec 22 2004, 03:56 PM

This week I have that same feeling ...
    same here!!

Charter JI Member
    I'm with you...I'll add to your prediction, Chad goes off, and eliminates any concerns over his "big game" abilities. B)

All Pro
    You get the feeling (andf maybe its the Pats way of making it interesting) that they will continue to stumble as the reg season goes but somehow regroup in the Playoffs. Just a feeling i get. As long as they get thet bye, they will be very tough to beat in Foxborough.

Banned
    Originally posted by LesterLyles@Dec 22 2004, 04:04 PM
    You get the feeling (andf maybe its the Pats way of making it interesting) that they will continue to stumble as the reg season goes but somehow regroup in the Playoffs. Just a feeling i get. As long as they get thet bye, they will be very tough to beat in Foxborough.
    I don't know anything about that ... not looking that far down the road just yet ... all I know is they are catching the Jets at the WRONG TIME this week

Hall Of Fame
    GJ&H- Your writing and posts are great, this included. I feel an obligation to let these posters know that I didn't think they would do that well against Seattle. I thought they would score 20 something points, but thought some of those points would come from defensive touchdowns.

Then when I saw the short blurb stating Penny would need surgery after the season to correct a torn rotator cuff, I really got pessimistic. I started thinking the Jets would be lucky to score 17 points.

This is why I was the first to question Ham's post.

Well I was WRONG, emphatically WRONG!

So as much as you made a believer out of me last weekend, I'm with you this weekend. No doubt the injury in chad's shoulder will not limit his ability.

I just hope and pray your not MESSING with me. You wouldn't pull the rug from under me would you? You wouldn't BULL**** an old BULL**** ARTIST would you?

I hope not..........

Banned
    i agree, i mentioned this earlier...its gonna be a blow out...im predicting 34-17 jets but the pats get one td late in the game to make it seem like less of a blowout...still 34-17!!

i agree and also this will probably be waynes last home game as a jet. expect some big plays from him

Banned
    Originally posted by Mainejet@Dec 22 2004, 04:19 PM
    I just hope and pray your not MESSING with me. You wouldn't pull the rug from under me would you? You wouldn't BULL**** an old BULL**** ARTIST would you?

Nah man, I'm speaking from the heart {and head} ... but I could be wrong ... still gotta go out and DO IT

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

JETS WIN OVER PATSY`S 27-24,to give the pats their first back to back loss in 3 years and put the pats in the positon of having to play on the bye week.. by slipping to the 3 spot

Banned
    While I would love a blowout, these are still the Patriots.
    Coming off of Monday nights embarrasment the PATS will be a tough out.

Hoping for the Jets in a close one.

Hall Of Fame
    FOR GODS SAKE I HOPE HACKETT OPENS UP THE OFFENSE LIKE HE DID LAST WEEK!!!!!!!!!& #33;!

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by joiseyjet@Dec 22 2004, 03:38 PM
    JETS WIN OVER PATSY`S 27-24,to give the pats their first back to back loss in 3 years and put the pats in the positon of having to play on the bye week.. by slipping to the 3 spot
    That’s right, this puts the Jets in a unique position. They have the opportunity to be spoilers against their rivals and play for a playoff berth at the same time. I say they will be ready for this one. I'm not sure if I think it will be a blowout but I think the Jets will at least win it convincingly.

Veteran
    gj&h I never pass on reading a topic or post with your sig attached to it. I liked your theory of smashmouth ball earlier this week. (I think that every week with the curtis & lamont tandem. It has to wear on any defense by the 4th quarter. Our fight in NE was a good one. lost but showed we could hang in.

Jerome bettis comment about how physical & tough the Jets are speaks VOLUMES to me.

Hacket's diverse playcalling last week gives NE a lot to think about going into sunday.

SMASHMOUTH THE BASTID'S FOR 4 FULL QUARTERS WHILE THEIR THINKING. KEEP THEIR DEFENSE ON THE FIELD... KEEP IT SIMPLE....SMASHMOUTH & SHOW EM' WHO RULES IN OUR HOUSE!!!

Control the game,& don't allow the Brady bunch any offensive rythum.

Hall Of Fame
    The JETS will kill their weak secondary. SOWELL, MOSS qnd JMAC will eat them for breakfast! This is our game and we will not blow our chance to be a big time winner! The CHAMPIONSHIP game between the JETS and RAVENS will be in the MEADOWLANDS! They simply can not beat us twice especially if our OFFENSE comes to play! See ya' in JACKSONVILLE against the FALCONS! SB win here we come!

MAINEJET: It is up to HERM to demand that the OFFENSE be aggressive. HACKETT is his subordinate! He will listen IF HERM orders it, But remember HERM loves defensive football and a low risk OFFENSE! He learned it in TAMPA and this is his team. It is NOT UP TO HACKETT!

Veteran
    besides the running tandem, chris baker will step up in a big way this week when it counts.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Kentucky Jet@Dec 22 2004, 05:13 PM
    It is NOT UP TO HACKETT!
    True - However, Herm has sat there with his thumbs up his ass for most of the year and done nothing. He normally just lets Hackett do whatever he wants.

Herm mentioned he would have more to do with the offense this season. Just what that is I have yet to figure out.

I think Herm told Hackett this week to open up the playbook. I just hope he says that again this week............And of course then Hackett does what he is told to do..........

Bitter
    Ham you are so up and down, are you sure you don't have some form of chemical imbalance? :lol: One week the Jets suck and will never win with the current coach and now they're going to blow out the Patriots. Consistency never was your strong point I guess.