Thread: QB Chad Pennington- New York Jets

Practice Squad
    I'm sick of hearing people bash Chad, he's the face of the New York Jets franchise and I don't give a sh*t what people think about him. He's confident, has amazing accuracy, and is this team's leader.

If Pennington is our quarterback of the future, not only will he give the city of New York a ring, but he'll also be one of our franchise's top 3 QBs of all time.

Criticize all you want, I couldn't care less. I'm not even going to come back and read what the naysayers have to say.

Banned
    His accuracy is particularly amazing whenever he floats a dead duck to Wayne Chrebet in triple coverage everytime we play a good team.

All Pro
    Originally posted by JonMcGraw38@Dec 28 2004, 06:23 AM
    but he'll also be one of our franchise's top 3 QBs of all time.
    ...and we all know that the Jets have had a long line of top QBs... Vinny Testaverde is in the top 3 Jets QB of all time...

Practice Squad
    He'll end up right up there with Namath and O'Brien.

Banned
    Originally posted by JonMcGraw38@Dec 28 2004, 07:10 PM
    He'll end up right up there with Namath and O'Brien.
    nobody here has any love for Neil Odonnel, Glen Foley or Ray Lucas? :lol:

All Pro
    Originally posted by blackout806+Dec 28 2004, 07:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blackout806 @ Dec 28 2004, 07:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JonMcGraw38@Dec 28 2004, 07:10 PM
    He&#39;ll end up right up there with Namath and O&#39;Brien.
    nobody here has any love for Neil Odonnel, Glen Foley or Ray Lucas? :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Ray Lucas was the man.

All League
    I&#39;m sick of hearing people bash Chad, he&#39;s the face of the New York Jets franchise and I don&#39;t give a sh*t what people think about him. He&#39;s confident, has amazing accuracy, and is this team&#39;s leader.

If Pennington is our quarterback of the future, not only will he give the city of New York a ring, but he&#39;ll also be one of our franchise&#39;s top 3 QBs of all time.

Criticize all you want, I couldn&#39;t care less. I&#39;m not even going to come back and read what the naysayers have to say.
    Do you actually think that Jets fans who criticize Chad want him to do badly? If so, you&#39;re an idiot.

Veteran
    I really hope no one on this board wants to see Chad do badly. Your completely right, Simijet. Absolute a&#036;&#036;hats if that is case.

As far as critcizing Chad. He is the best we&#39;ve had in a while and when he is clicking he is just who you want. He sucked last Sunday but so did just about everybody.

I&#39;ll take Chad over a washed up Vinny and he definately has a better record than Mirer ever did. Not to mention after he was hurt and Quincy Carter came in, the offense grinded to a halt for the games he started. The offense wasn&#39;t exactly cruising all the time when Penny was in early in the year but at least the Jets were putting some points up before the injury that changed the complextion of this season a bit. The Jets haven&#39;t really been the same since that day in Buffalo.

5-5 since then, if I have my facts straight.

JetsInsider.com Legend

He&#39;s confident, has amazing accuracy, and is this team&#39;s leader.

Amazingly accurate? Sure, with all those passes behind the LOS.

Leader? He chokes in every single game against a good quality defensive opponent.

Those are just the facts.

All Pro
    Originally posted by agentmorris@Dec 28 2004, 10:50 PM
    I really hope no one on this board wants to see Chad do badly. Your completely right, Simijet. Absolute a&#036;&#036;hats if that is case.

As far as critcizing Chad. He is the best we&#39;ve had in a while and when he is clicking he is just who you want. He sucked last Sunday but so did just about everybody.

I&#39;ll take Chad over a washed up Vinny and he definately has a better record than Mirer ever did. Not to mention after he was hurt and Quincy Carter came in, the offense grinded to a halt for the games he started. The offense wasn&#39;t exactly cruising all the time when Penny was in early in the year but at least the Jets were putting some points up before the injury that changed the complextion of this season a bit. The Jets haven&#39;t really been the same since that day in Buffalo.

5-5 since then, if I have my facts straight.
    No offense but we&#39;re comparing Chad to Vinny, Carter, & Rick Mirer???