Thread: Has anyone noticed ... Not much blame on Herm

Practice Squad
    I would think that after a performance like Sunday, Herm would catch more heat. BUt instead, he has a scapegoat....Hackett!!

We all know the Hackett will be gone after the season, and maybe this is why Herm has kept him around! To deflect the blame away from himself.

Any thoughts??

TomShane
    The media in NY has consistently shown that they'll cover for a guy who grants them access to the team, and makes himself available for interviews. Cannizzaro is so snowed by "Top Five Coach in the NFL" Herman that he nearly has a coronary every week folding his fat stomach over to kiss Herm's ass. The rule of survival in NY Sports if you're mediocre--at least be friends with the media.

Rookie
    Originally posted by TomShane@Dec 28 2004, 11:19 AM
    The rule of survival in NY Sports if you're mediocre--at least be friends with the media.
    I guess he can't be that dumb :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by JetsfanNF@Dec 28 2004, 12:16 PM
    I would think that after a performance like Sunday, Herm would catch more heat. BUt instead, he has a scapegoat....Hackett!!

We all know the Hackett will be gone after the season, and maybe this is why Herm has kept him around! To deflect the blame away from himself.

Any thoughts??
    Hmmm If Hackett was HC and Herm the OC they would be calling for
    Hacketts head!! :lol:

All Pro
    Well, Herm was a bad coach when the D under teddy stunk, right? Has he all of a sudden become a good coach b/c the D under Donny is one of the best? Guys, ultimately the balame is on the HC but I think you have to give a chance to herm with his guys as coordinator.

Yes, Hacker was retained so herm must take some blame for that. But I want to se Herm w/ a decent O coordiantor (and most importantly, the O coordinator o his choice) b/f his job is on the line. Either way, 10 wins is pretty good! He desrerves criticsm but no way is his job in jeopardy!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by LesterLyles@Dec 28 2004, 02:49 PM
    Well, Herm was a bad coach when the D under teddy stunk, right? Has he all of a sudden become a good coach b/c the D under Donny is one of the best? Guys, ultimately the balame is on the HC but I think you have to give a chance to herm with his guys as coordinator.

Yes, Hacker was retained so herm must take some blame for that. But I want to se Herm w/ a decent O coordiantor (and most importantly, the O coordinator o his choice) b/f his job is on the line. Eithe way, 10 wins
    Was Teddy or Hackett a Bad Coach when they went to the playoffs 2
    out of the first 3 years?? If the Answer is Yes then the same can be said
    for "I can't tell Time" Herm..You guys just can't seperate the 3 like you
    do..But I know you do because Hermie is warm and Fuzzy!!

Rookie
    Blame Herm for what? He doesn't run the defense, offense, special teams or even manage the clock. What the heck does he do besides pat his players on their a$$ and gives them the old "you'll get em next time." At half time he made a comment on the way into the locker room that they were not balanced enough in the first half - that they needed to mix in the run more. It took him 30 minutes to figure that out? Do his head phones work? Does he even speak to Hackett during the game. This guy is going to be the death of me.

All Pro
    ok if hackett is here to deflect the blame from Herm then Terry Bradway should be fired and Woody should be frcerd to sell the team...

Why would they keep a coach on the team to deflect the criticism from the HC???? That makes no sense

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by djaparz@Dec 28 2004, 02:58 PM
    ok if hackett is here to deflect the blame from Herm then Terry Bradway should be fired and Woody should be frcerd to sell the team...

Why would they keep a coach on the team to deflect the criticism from the HC???? That makes no sense
    If Donald Trump owned the Team alot of these pretenders would be
    gone..Hackett isn't here to deflect the Blame from Herm..Herm is to
    blind to know how to run a Team! This Team wins at times because
    in spite of Popular thinking at the Moment this Team has Talent! It's
    our staff that is lacking! Real Coaches like Henderson would have this
    Team playing with the like of the Pats,Pitt etc..The Players like Jordan,
    JMac,Vilma etc know what the problems are..Some blind Jet Fans just
    like to drink the Koolaid and repeat the Mantra! Playoffs 2 out of 3 yr's
    WOW were Cool!! :lol:

All Pro
    Originally posted by LakeGeorgeJet@Dec 28 2004, 02:56 PM
    Blame Herm for what? He doesn't run the defense, offense, special teams or even manage the clock. What the heck does he do besides pat his players on their a$$ and gives them the old "you'll get em next time." At half time he made a comment on the way into the locker room that they were not balanced enough in the first half - that they needed to mix in the run more. It took him 30 minutes to figure that out? Do his head phones work? Does he even speak to Hackett during the game. This guy is going to be the death of me.
    The headphones connect directly to god for the halftime motivational speech

All Pro
    i think henu wil make a good HC but i think he nneds 2 more years as a cordinator - I love his intensity -

Rookie
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+Dec 28 2004, 03:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Dec 28 2004, 03:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LakeGeorgeJet@Dec 28 2004, 02:56 PM
    Blame Herm for what? He doesn&#39;t run the defense, offense, special teams or even manage the clock. What the heck does he do besides pat his players on their a&#036;&#036; and gives them the old "you&#39;ll get em next time." At half time he made a comment on the way into the locker room that they were not balanced enough in the first half - that they needed to mix in the run more. It took him 30 minutes to figure that out? Do his head phones work? Does he even speak to Hackett during the game. This guy is going to be the death of me.
    The headphones connect directly to god for the halftime motivational speech [/b][/quote]
    I guess God is not a Jets fan.