Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hope john abraham will be 100% saturday!

Banned
    even tho BT has done a great job against the run, he is nowhere near the pass rusher and game changer that john abraham is! it's not even close, and abraham is also a really good run defender for a DE.

I am sick of seeing teams on 2nd and 3rd down get the 1st because their QB has all friggen day in the pocket for a WR or TE to get open. plus what is with the 3-4?? that s**t has got to be the worst formation for this defense, no pressure on the QB at all, none!

J E T S

JETS JETS JETS!!!

All League
    amen...abe is our saviour

Waterboy
    I agree, what is DH thinking about a 3-4 set without Abe being one of the 3 linemen???....no pressure, how about a fricking blitz out of that formation...

Practice Squad
    Abe is a great player but he needs to toughen up. If he can play next week there's absolutely no reason why he couldn't have been on the field today. He needs to get a set!

So true, when the QB has all day, any WR/TE will get open against any CB/SS just about 90% of the time. We need to go in and put a big time pass rush on SD next week and rattle Breese.

Veteran
    Originally posted by jetnug@Jan 2 2005, 07:40 PM
    Abe is a great player but he needs to toughen up. If he can play next week there's absolutely no reason why he couldn't have been on the field today. He needs to get a set!
    NUG imagine he doesnt play this week..I will go nuts !

Practice Squad
    baker-don't be surprised if he's not on the field Saturday!

maybe he'll play ... if he doesn't have a stomach bug

Practice Squad
    or a hangover!

Rookie
    The stomach bugs, flu, and hangovers are over for JAbe. If his knee is good to go next week, he's gonna go nuts. Anyone remember the first half of the Eagles game last year? Expect a repeat, only this time he doesn't mess up his groin. Bank on it.

All League
    Originally posted by GreenBeans@Jan 2 2005, 08:03 PM
    The stomach bugs, flu, and hangovers are over for JAbe. If his knee is good to go next week, he's gonna go nuts. Anyone remember the first half of the Eagles game last year? Expect a repeat, only this time he doesn't mess up his groin. Bank on it.
    Man, do I hope youre right but I have a sinking feeling that we'll be hearing a Herm press conference later this week saying how Abe still isnt 100% and wont suit up...

I have always been skeptical due to past events but if Abe doesnt play this week in the playoffs I really will question his heart and motivation.

All Pro
    i no belive in abe butdo ya think a tema will trade a decnt S with upside for BT and a few draft picks like a michea bolaware

Rookie
    Originally posted by JetChefJR@Jan 2 2005, 09:19 PM
    Man, do I hope youre right but I have a sinking feeling that we'll be hearing a Herm press conference later this week saying how Abe still isnt 100% and wont suit up...

I have always been skeptical due to past events but if Abe doesnt play this week in the playoffs I really will question his heart and motivation.
    Contract year. He practiced Friday. He'll play next week.

All Pro
    why does he not play cus its his contract yr?
    his contract better have a thing about injuries that he doesnt get paid as much

Rookie
    Originally posted by arsenal1189@Jan 2 2005, 10:16 PM
    why does he not play cus its his contract yr?
    his contract better have a thing about injuries that he doesnt get paid as much
    He plays BECAUSE it&#39;s his contract year. If he wants the big payoff he&#39;s gotta play and come up big. He&#39;s gonna get paid anyway < Francise Tag >, but the big payday < 15+ Mil Signing Bonus > only comes with a contract. Plus, I think Abe has grown up and is a leader on this team - he&#39;ll be there...

All League
    John Abraham fooled everyone into thinking we had a great Dline.

Without him we look like s**t, no pass rush at all.

Does Bryan Thomas even remember coming out of UAB he was toted as being a great pass rusher?

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn50@Jan 2 2005, 07:39 PM
    even tho BT has done a great job against the run, he is nowhere near the pass rusher and game changer that john abraham is&#33; it&#39;s not even close, and abraham is also a really good run defender for a DE.

I am sick of seeing teams on 2nd and 3rd down get the 1st because their QB has all friggen day in the pocket for a WR or TE to get open. plus what is with the 3-4?? that s**t has got to be the worst formation for this defense, no pressure on the QB at all, none&#33;

J E T S

JETS JETS JETS&#33;&#33;&#33;
    abraham is probably the most selfish ***** ass soft man-c**t on the team, that being said I hope he plays on Sat too, then gets traded

Veteran
    Originally posted by Icer@Jan 2 2005, 11:52 PM
    John Abraham fooled everyone into thinking we had a great Dline.

Without him we look like s**t, no pass rush at all.

Very fair assessment it&#39;s truly a shame he hurt his knee.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Tro@Jan 2 2005, 07:40 PM
    I agree, what is DH thinking about a 3-4 set without Abe being one of the 3 linemen???....no pressure, how about a fricking blitz out of that formation...
    Prolly because our pass coverage in the secondary sucks major league @&#036;&#036;. Is it my imagination or does the secondary mostly just try to allow receivers to make the catch and then limit after-yardage? Yesterday was a fine example.

All League
    Perhaps we can hold him out until the 2nd half this week - you know, so that he might actually make a play in crunch time when we truly need him.

Toughen up, John. We need you.

I STILL BELIEVE.