Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: guess which playoff team had the toughest schedule

All League
    the NEW YORK JETS!

...to the dismay of all of you who say our 10 wins season still isn't deserving of a playoff birth.

followed by the Colts and Pats.

6 of the Jets 10 wins were against losing teams.

9 of the Chargers 12 wins were against losing teams.

All League
    you're a few days late. flowtrain hit that already.

All League
    Originally posted by Zombo@Jan 6 2005, 01:39 PM
    you're a few days late. flowtrain hit that already.
    oops...sorry, i missed it.

Waterboy
    Way behind on this, and just to recap:

Take 3 games away from us and we had one of the easiest schedules. NE's 14-2 record plus PIT's 15-1 record really skew the overall picture when you use a stat like that.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Boozer76@Jan 6 2005, 01:51 PM

Take 3 games away from us and we had one of the easiest schedules. NE's 14-2 record plus PIT's 15-1 record really skew the overall picture when you use a stat like that.
    great so you take those losses away and make them wins and we are 13-3, i'll take that regardless of how tough or easy the schedule is

Originally posted by gaffneycatch@Jan 6 2005, 01:36 PM
    the NEW YORK JETS!

...to the dismay of all of you who say our 10 wins season still isn't deserving of a playoff birth.

followed by the Colts and Pats.

6 of the Jets 10 wins were against losing teams.

9 of the Chargers 12 wins were against losing teams.
    great ... do that mean jets management and many fans should update their expectations from we're lucky to be in the playoffs to let's actually win a playoff game.

Since Superbowl III, when was the last time the jets won an important game when they were the underdog/slight underdog?

All League

and to recap, you can only be fair if you take the 3 best records away from EVERY team, otherwise you're using a bad stat for your argument. everyone has 16 games. you can't give one 13 and the others a 16 team sample. you'd have to remove 3 from every team. do that and check back in with us.

All Pro
    We need to stop the whole weak schedule bullcrap......I can recall all those 80's 49ers teams who went on to win SuperBowls year after year WITH DIFFERENT Quarterbacks (Montana, Young) and coaches (Walsh, Siefert) but what i dont remember was the media getting all over them when if you look back the 49ers played 4-6 Easily winnable games every season........
    2 games vs Saints
    2 games vs Cardinals
    2 games vs Rams

So given that the 49ers had 6 games that were almost all guaranteed wins within their division. NOBODY ever cried about their EASY SCHEDULE YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT!!!! The MEDIA didnt make a fuss about it like they do with the JETS.
    The 49ers NEVER apologized for their easy division schedule.
    Is it no wonder that their biggest competion came from the NFC EAST, the Giants and Cowboys of the world.
    So to all media members bashing the JETS because of SCHEDULE.........
    Eat Crap you media *****es!!!!

All League
    Originally posted by HitSomeone41@Jan 6 2005, 02:11 PM
    We need to stop the whole weak schedule bullcrap......I can recall all those 80's 49ers teams who went on to win SuperBowls year after year WITH DIFFERENT Quarterbacks (Montana, Young) and coaches (Walsh, Siefert) but what i dont remember was the media getting all over them when if you look back the 49ers played 4-6 Easily winnable games every season........
    2 games vs Saints
    2 games vs Cardinals
    2 games vs Rams

So given that the 49ers had 6 games that were almost all guaranteed wins within their division. NOBODY ever cried about their EASY SCHEDULE YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT!!!! The MEDIA didnt make a fuss about it like they do with the JETS.
    Is it no wonder that their biggest competion came from the NFC EAST, the Giants and Cowboys of the world.
    Eat Crap you media *****es!!!!
    i get your point, but the cards were in the nfc east back then.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Zombo+Jan 6 2005, 01:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Zombo @ Jan 6 2005, 01:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HitSomeone41@Jan 6 2005, 02:11 PM
    We need to stop the whole weak schedule bullcrap......I can recall all those 80&#39;s 49ers teams who went on to win SuperBowls year after year WITH DIFFERENT Quarterbacks (Montana, Young) and coaches (Walsh, Siefert) but what i dont remember was the media getting all over them when if you look back the 49ers played 4-6 Easily winnable games every season........
    2 games vs Saints
    2 games vs Cardinals
    2 games vs Rams

So given that the 49ers had 6 games that were almost all guaranteed wins within their division. NOBODY ever cried about their EASY SCHEDULE YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; The MEDIA didnt make a fuss about it like they do with the JETS.
    Eat Crap you media *****es&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    i get your point, but the cards were in the nfc east back then. [/b][/quote]
    Im sorry....my bad. I was thinking about all the suck ass teams back then.

But yea.......thats my point.

All League
    this whole point about removed games to compare the jets schedule is stupid. of course removing three game will make the jets schedule weaker. what a revelation. the part some fail to realize is you must do it for all teams. everyone needs 3 games removed. the three toughest games removed. if you removed 3 games from one team, then you know they&#39;ll have a disadvantage.

All League
    Originally posted by Zombo+Jan 6 2005, 02:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Zombo @ Jan 6 2005, 02:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HitSomeone41@Jan 6 2005, 02:11 PM
    We need to stop the whole weak schedule bullcrap......I can recall all those 80&#39;s 49ers teams who went on to win SuperBowls year after year WITH DIFFERENT Quarterbacks (Montana, Young) and coaches (Walsh, Siefert) but what i dont remember was the media getting all over them when if you look back the 49ers played 4-6 Easily winnable games every season........
    2 games vs Saints
    2 games vs Cardinals
    2 games vs Rams

So given that the 49ers had 6 games that were almost all guaranteed wins within their division. NOBODY ever cried about their EASY SCHEDULE YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; The MEDIA didnt make a fuss about it like they do with the JETS.
    Eat Crap you media *****es&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    i get your point, but the cards were in the nfc east back then. [/b][/quote]
    and atlanta was in the west...

just as bad.

All League
    Originally posted by inchadwetrust@Jan 6 2005, 01:57 PM
    Since Superbowl III, when was the last time the jets won an important game when they were the underdog/slight underdog?
    hmmmm...not sure how to answer this.

since super bowl 3? well, we&#39;ve certainly won some games as underdogs in the past 36 years...big games even. i&#39;m not going to start listing them...but there have been a handfull, at least. if your point is we haven&#39;t won enough of these type of games, I&#39;d agree with you. the Jets history is not one of a great NFL franchise that overcomes the odds. and if your point is that we haven&#39;t won any of these type of games this year, I&#39;d also agree with you. The Jets have fallen flat in every game against a superior opponent this year. but if you&#39;re saying we haven&#39;t won any big games as an underdog since 1969....well, start in 2002, and work your way back. You&#39;ll find some.

Originally posted by gaffneycatch+Jan 6 2005, 02:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gaffneycatch @ Jan 6 2005, 02:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-inchadwetrust@Jan 6 2005, 01:57 PM

since super bowl 3? well, we&#39;ve certainly won some games as underdogs in the past 36 years...big games even. i&#39;m not going to start listing them...but there have been a handfull, at least. if your point is we haven&#39;t won enough of these type of games, I&#39;d agree with you. the Jets history is not one of a great NFL franchise that overcomes the odds. and if your point is that we haven&#39;t won any of these type of games this year, I&#39;d also agree with you. The Jets have fallen flat in every game against a superior opponent this year. but if you&#39;re saying we haven&#39;t won any big games as an underdog since 1969....well, start in 2002, and work your way back. You&#39;ll find some. [/b][/quote]
    not since 1982 (winning on the road in the playoffs against Cincy and Oakland) ... we&#39;re long overdue ... and running out of excuses and wait until next year cries ...

every other playoff game since then that we won was at home ... and don&#39;t give me regular season games.

Originally posted by inchadwetrust+Jan 6 2005, 03:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (inchadwetrust @ Jan 6 2005, 03:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by gaffneycatch@Jan 6 2005, 02:44 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-inchadwetrust
    @Jan 6 2005, 01:57 PM

since super bowl 3? well, we&#39;ve certainly won some games as underdogs in the past 36 years...big games even. i&#39;m not going to start listing them...but there have been a handfull, at least. if your point is we haven&#39;t won enough of these type of games, I&#39;d agree with you. the Jets history is not one of a great NFL franchise that overcomes the odds. and if your point is that we haven&#39;t won any of these type of games this year, I&#39;d also agree with you. The Jets have fallen flat in every game against a superior opponent this year. but if you&#39;re saying we haven&#39;t won any big games as an underdog since 1969....well, start in 2002, and work your way back. You&#39;ll find some.
    not since 1982 (winning on the road in the playoffs against Cincy and Oakland) ... we&#39;re long overdue ... and running out of excuses and wait until next year cries ...

every other playoff game since then that we won was at home ... and don&#39;t give me regular season games. [/b][/quote]
    problem with the jets organization and too many fans is LOW EXPECTATIONS.

All Pro
    Just goes to show how weak of a scheudle we had huh NFL fans? :lol: :blink:

All League
    Originally posted by inchadwetrust+Jan 6 2005, 03:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (inchadwetrust @ Jan 6 2005, 03:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by inchadwetrust@Jan 6 2005, 03:07 PM
    Originally posted by gaffneycatch@Jan 6 2005, 02:44 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-inchadwetrust
    @Jan 6 2005, 01:57 PM

every other playoff game since then that we won was at home ... and don&#39;t give me regular season games.
    problem with the jets organization and too many fans is LOW EXPECTATIONS. [/b][/quote]
    point taken.

this is a put up or shut up game for this team ... staff and players alike.

no excuses -- just win.

All League
    I havent seen the idiot Pats fans posting in this thread. Why? There&#39;s no argument against it. Our schedule has NOT been an easy one, and we DID have a successful regular season in making it to where we are, whether or not we &#39;&#39;backed in&#39;&#39;. We are what we are, a 10-6 team with every bit a chance to win a Super Bowl as the other 11 teams in the playoffs. GO JETS&#33;

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by Jetsfan80@Jan 6 2005, 03:47 PM
    I havent seen the idiot Pats fans posting in this thread. Why? There&#39;s no argument against it. Our schedule has NOT been an easy one, and we DID have a successful regular season in making it to where we are, whether or not we &#39;&#39;backed in&#39;&#39;. We are what we are, a 10-6 team with every bit a chance to win a Super Bowl as the other 11 teams in the playoffs. GO JETS&#33;
    Go back and read what Boozer stated earlier in the thread.

The numbers are skewed because you played the powerhouse Pats and Steelers.

The Jets consistently beat all the bottom-feeding teams and lost to every good team that they played, not to mention that you "backed into the playoffs".

Yea, the Jets chances of winning a Super Bowl are just as good as the Pats, Steelers, Colts, Packers & Eagles. :blink: :blink:

What a dumbass commnet that was.

Banned

Take 3 games away from us and we had one of the easiest schedules. NE&#39;s 14-2 record plus PIT&#39;s 15-1 record really skew the overall picture when you use a stat like that.
    And don&#39;t forget to send Cleveland kicker Phil Dawson his play-off share.