Thread: Derrick Strait

All Pro
    Derrick Strait FINALLY got on the field tonight and of course it was in the biggest game of the season, in the rain, in San Diego.

Hopefully now after his pretty good play tonight he'll be getting on the field a lot more.

Did anyone see that hit he made on "LT" on that 3rd and 1 and he came in from the side and took him down at the knee's? Now that's a future starting CB play!

Veteran
    He was terrific. Did anyone notice on one play - Vilma figured out that it would be a run - told strait to move in, and stait made the tackle. Vilma and Strait will be a thing of beauty for years to come!

All Pro
    Originally posted by djc@Jan 9 2005, 07:50 AM
    He was terrific. Did anyone notice on one play - Vilma figured out that it would be a run - told strait to move in, and stait made the tackle. Vilma and Strait will be a thing of beauty for years to come!
    I saw that. All of these rookies are going to be great for this team!! The Big 3 on defense in Vilma, Coleman and Strait and then Cotchery is the future 3 for this team, this is one of the best draft's ever. The only one I can see that tops it right now is the Chad-Ellis-Becht-Abe draft, and the last 2 will probably be gone after this season.

All Pro
    I thought Strait played very well. He was a huge improvement over Buckley. Brees hardly looked in Strait's direction when he was in there. Buckley would have been wearing a big bullseye if he was in there.

Banned
    Strait stepped up huge last night. I had to rub my eyes to make sure I was hallucinating the first time I saw #21 on the field. All he did was make plays in college. Good to see he hasn&#39;t forgotten how to do that in the past year he&#39;s spent keeping T-Buck&#39;s seat on the bench warm&#33; <_<

All Pro
    I really hope Strait is in there as the #3 next week as well, as it seemed he was last night, because Buckley was the man who really f&#39;d us over late in Pittsburgh and was terrible against Seattle / New England down the stretch as well. Strait as the #3 the rest of this season, and starting by next year, or 06.