Thread: Chad

This guy is a Rhodes scholar right. He made a wonderful audible to give us our first TD of the game. Why don't they let him call the plays next year from the line?

All Pro
    You would have to leave that up to whoever the new OC is.

I guess you are right. If the new OC is smarter than Hackett, Penny calls the plays!

All League
    What about something like they do in Indy

Where the OC gives Manning four or five plays and he chooses which one after getting the read

sounds like a fair idea. I think Penny would go for this!

Rookie
    BINGO! It WAS a great audible. I'm kind of surprised that they don't give Penny more leeway to call audibles since we keep hearing about his knowledge of the game and all. Maybe not as much as Peyton but a little loosening of the noose might just pay off.

That was a great play..........

Veteran
    Chad isn't Peyton. Might as well try some version of it in pre season though.

Rookie
    one problem: with the overwhelming verbosity of hackett's scheme, we're lucky to get a single play in before the play clock runs out. Four or five plays? Can you say "delay of game"?

Veteran
    That wasn't the first time Chad's come through with a great audible. After seeing that play again (god bless Tivo), I thought the same exact thing. What's the harm in letting Chad call a few series. He's such a great leader in the huddle, and has a really good feel for the game situation. If I'm a reporter I would ask why Penny doesn't call more plays himself at the make adjustmants at the line of scrimmage?

All Pro
    Originally posted by SirLanceMehlot@Jan 11 2005, 06:31 AM
    one problem: with the overwhelming verbosity of hackett's scheme, we're lucky to get a single play in before the play clock runs out. Four or five plays? Can you say "delay of game"?
    My thoughts exactly. It even takes our 2 minute offense about 30 seconds to call a play / change personnel, without having to go through all those options. As long as Chad isn't afraid to audible from time to time, I think it's best to keep it the way it is. Until we get a new OC that is.