Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Feel Pain

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I generally don't stuggle to put my thoughts into words. But tonight, there's no way to push buttons on a keyboard in such a way as to convey the aching sensation that flows from a loss like this.

To come so close. To come so far. And to have it snatched away in such cruel fashion. To snuff it out with two shanks from a kicker.

I feel a pain deep in my gut that I fear won't subside for some time.

I know deep down, I'm proud of how my team played. And in the deep recesses of my mind, I'm sure I'm exciting for what appears to be an extremely promising 2005 campaign. But I'm not prepared to tap that as any souce of joy at this moment.

I'm sorry for all my fellow fans across the nation that feel this same pain tonight. Neither us nor our team seems to deserve it. It's yet another gash to the Jets fans' soul. Yet another battle scar on our heart.

My only hope is that this suffering will make the taste that much more sweet when I finally lap up the nectar that is the Lombardi trophy. Perhaps at that moment, the euphoric rush will justify the emotional carnage along the way.

But for now, I just feel the hurt.

For now, I have no more words.

Practice Squad
    I feel Maker's Mark.

All League
    i love you flow

Veteran
    God this hurts. I can't believe the season is over. August seems years away.

All League
    Flow, since you do defense our coaching staff, how much, if iat all, do you think they cost us the game?

All League
    God this hurts. I can't believe the season is over. August seems years away.
    thats whats eating me up... what do we do now? football is life

All League
    Speaking as a Sox fan Flow..... yes, it will make it better.

And I'm genuinely sorry man. I know exactly what you are going through. My deepest sympathies.

All League

And I'm genuinely sorry man. I know exactly what you are going through. My deepest sympathies.
    its not just flo.. its the whole jets nation brotha

All League
    Originally posted by JetsFan3288@Jan 16 2005, 02:48 AM

Yeah, I know.

This will make the holy land all the sweeter, believe me.

You know what happened when the Sox won the world series?

I cried like a little girl.

It's worth it, in the end.

TomShane
    It's 3 a.m. and I'm still shaking my head. I feel you, Flow.

All League
    Man oh man...this is pain like ........

you know what...FU&K!!!!!!!&#33 ;!!!!!!!!!&#33 ;!!!!!!!!!&#33 ;!!!!!!!!!&#33 ;!!!!!!!!!&#33 ;!!!!!!!!!&#33 ;!!!!!!!!!&#33 ;!!!!!!!!!&#33 ;!!

DOUG BRIEN YOU BASTID>>>>>>>HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????

OK fine if it has to be this way then I can accept it. The Jets fans deserve so much better than this...and the football Gods s**t on us once again.

I don't know what to do with myself. My team gave it all out there when no one gave us a chance...fought back numerous times....just to have that fag miss 2 GODDAMN TIMES UNDER 2 MINUTES left in regulation/.....

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE???????????????????

All League
    My words of comfort over this loss to my fellow Jets fans is that better now than later. As much as I would love to dream, even with a win today this probably was not going to be the team to win us a Super Bowl. I'd rather have the painful loss now than have it next week, one win away from the Super Bowl, possibly God forbid at the hands of the Pats.

Rookie
    This is bad!Real bad no matter what i do i just can't get it out of my head! Angry

flushingjet
    Originally posted by RichardSeymour+Jan 16 2005, 02:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RichardSeymour @ Jan 16 2005, 02:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JetsFan3288@Jan 16 2005, 02:48 AM

And I&#39;m genuinely sorry man. I know exactly what you are going through. My deepest sympathies.
    Yeah, I know.

It&#39;s worth it, in the end. [/b][/quote]
    but the sox had the brains to dump grady little & nomah and add schilling & foulke. not so sure jets will make all the necessary adjustments

Originally posted by Flowtrain@Jan 16 2005, 03:21 AM
    I know deep down, I&#39;m proud of how my team played. And in the deep recesses of my mind, I&#39;m sure I&#39;m exciting for what appears to be an extremely promising 2005 campaign. But I&#39;m not prepared to tap that as any souce of joy at this moment.
    Well said, and true.

Jets fans bounce back. Always have and always will.

Why we do it, I am not at all certain.

Banned
    Originally posted by RichardSeymour+Jan 16 2005, 02:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RichardSeymour &#064; Jan 16 2005, 02:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JetsFan3288@Jan 16 2005, 02:48 AM

And I&#39;m genuinely sorry man. I know exactly what you are going through. My deepest sympathies.
    Yeah, I know.

It&#39;s worth it, in the end. [/b][/quote]
    RS, I appreciate the sentiments but I didn&#39;t need another dagger in my heart to appreciate winning ... I&#39;ve suffered enough with this team ... more than enough ... I&#39;ve witnessed this moment for what seems like a thousand times

The Jets had that game won ... you know it, I know it, and the Steelers know it&#33;&#33; ... lost it on two missed FG&#39;s in a span of two minutes ... lost it on an OC who has a heart the size of a mustard seed, a fear I have repeatedly expressed on this board a million times ... who knows, maybe they lost the SB last nite ... it&#39;s anyones guess ... but that is a REAL possibility ... and that&#39;s the possibility I must endure for this LONG off season ... for what seems like the thousandth time

And even worse than that, when you grow past the age of 40 and you have already buried a few friends and loved ones, they have left me to ponder the question ... will I even be alive too see it, or will I have wasted an entire lifetime rooting for this team in vain?

Nothing good comes out of this for me ... I am long past the point of, what doesn&#39;t kill you will only make you stronger, with this team ... I passed that point a long time ago

As flow so elequently put it {btw, great post flow} ... for me there is only pain

Pain piled on years of pain ... frustration piled on years of frustration ... hurt piled on years of hurt ... and along with this hellish blow, added to a lifetime of hellish blows with this team, I am left only to ponder my own mortality

When you pass 40 and you have seen death ... many times over ... that&#39;s your only reward for yet another blown opportunity ... to wonder if GOD will allow you to hang around long enough to drink from that sweet cup of victory ... and there are no assurances that he will ... and you know that when you get to be my age

I envy the younger fans today cause I was once a younger fan myself ... it&#39;s so much easier to gleem some sort of profound lesson from a brutal loss of this nature ... to look at the promise the future holds for this team and not even consider the possibility that you may not be there to see it

But there are no promises for men like me ... only today is promised to us ... and this year, as I insisted time and time again {often to the mocks of the crowd, Jet fans and rival fans alike}, this year WE HAD THE HORSES to make a run

If I said that once, I said it a thousand times ... AND I WAS RIGHT

I WAS RIGHT, DAMMIT ... I WAS RIGHT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Anyone who saw that Pittsburgh game, and tells me this team didn&#39;t have the horses, is a DAMN FOOL

Cause I know there ain&#39;t no fool who&#39;s gonna argue the 16-1 Steelers don&#39;t have the horses, and we had that team DEAD TO RIGHTS ... in their building&#33;&#33;

So don&#39;t anyone tell me I didn&#39;t have this team pegged all along ... I KNOW FOOTBALL&#33;&#33;

I may not know much about anything else, but I KNOW FOOTBALL&#33;&#33;

And I ain&#39;t no friggin pom-pom waver, either ... when I tell you the Jets have a shot, you can take that to the bank ... cause I don&#39;t just SAY IT to SAY IT ... WHEN I SAY IT, I MEAN IT ... and I know what I&#39;m lookin at&#33;&#33;

But I also said, many times, that no team can win it all in spite of Paul Hackett ... that no team can overcome this man in the end ... that at some point he will always deal you the death card ... and that eventually he will always be this teams undoing so long as he&#39;s calling the offense for the NY Jets

Now you wanna blame it all on Doug Brien, be my guest ... he has certainly earned your scorn ... he&#39;s the obvious choice for GOAT OF THE GAME and you will get no argument from me ... but like I said, that&#39;s the obvious choice

For now I&#39;ll leave that for others to discuss ... I like to deal in the not so obvious

The obvious reason this team is not going to the AFC Title Game is Doug Brien ... that is too be sure ... but the not so obvious reason is Paul Hackett and his antiquatted, predictable, methodical, and easy to stop philosophy of PLAY NOT TO LOSE football

Some, with their limited view of offense, will say ... but we threw the ball downfield on a few occasions and just didn&#39;t connect

NONSENSE&#33;&#33;

That is not going for the throat ... one man going deep is often times easily doubled ... it&#39;s when you send TWO and THREE WR&#39;s on intermedite-to-deep routes that the defense becomes confused and ONE MAN gets lost in the shuffle ... that&#39;s when the safety needs to pick his poison and hope he chooses correctly ... that&#39;s when your QB needs simply spot the open man down the field

Not when you send Santana Moss deep and everyone else is running a five yard route ... my Grandmother could scheme to stop that offense from hitting a big play ... and certainly the Steelers and Patriots would agree, cause in four games verses these two teams I believe we scored a grand total of ONE TOUCHDOWN

So you wanna place all of the blame on Doug Brien, be my guest ... you&#39;ll get no argument from me

You wanna say this team didn&#39;t have the horses anyway ... tell it to the 16-1 Steelers who are saying novenas today

And if you wanna say Paul Hackett is in no way accountable for losing a divisional round football game we all but had in the bag ... you wouldn&#39;t know what a sound offensive philosophy looks like if it fell on you

I&#39;m sorry, I normally don&#39;t take that tone with the members of this board ... the Jets faithful and my brethren in green ... but grant me this moment cause today I&#39;m not feeling quite so diplomatic ... as my friend flow so aptly stated, today I am feeling only pain and hurt ... and I&#39;ll add ANGER and FRUSTRATION as well

I&#39;m Angry at this team for blowing this opportunity on Paul Hackett ... Angry at Herm for bringing him back, just when we had the horses to win a SB in my lifetime {i.e. the worst possible time} ... only to piss it all away on an OC who makes it damn near impossible to win a SB in the end

That&#39;s sad, man ... and EVEN SADDER when you get to be my age

Veteran
    We will bounce back, as fans, and also the team. Brighter days are ahead for the New York Jets.

Banned
    Originally posted by Guck the Fiants@Jan 16 2005, 07:54 AM
    We will bounce back, as fans, and also the team. Brighter days are ahead for the New York Jets.
    At this moment I tend to agree, but things can quickly take a turn for the worst in this era of free agency and the cap ... so that is not a given

We have a number of free agents ... IMPORTANT PLAYERS ... so we&#39;ll have to see how this off season shakes out?

It is not impossible that we can be WORSE and not BETTER in 2005 .. I can easliy draw up a scenario where that happens .. Jordan departs and a 32 Year old Curtis Martin finally starts to look his age, just to name one {of many} .. so our being a BETTER TEAM in 2005 is not a given

It&#39;s a shame we blew this opportunity ... a crying shame

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Jan 16 2005, 09:51 AM

It&#39;s a shame we blew this opportunity ... a crying shame
    I keep asking myself.....How often do you get a chance to play in the AFC Championship

Damn

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Jan 16 2005, 07:51 AM

That&#39;s sad, man ... and EVEN SADDER when you get to be my age
    Cheer up Ham&#33;&#33; Try being my age&#33; Hell or afosomf&#39;s age&#33;&#33; :lol: