Thread: DONT BLAME CHAD and HERM!!!!!!!!

Veteran
    In my humble opinion I thought Chad played well enough to win that football game, as did Herm.

1. Chad is behind the eight ball in the WOC.
    a. The NFL is alot faster than when Joe M played. Hackett is a fossil..you can't possibly send two wr's in the modern day NFL and expect them to get open. When you you have only two wr's in the play that enables the steelers to bring alot of heat. Pennigton made one mistake the pick by Palumula..otherwise Moss dropped a TD, and he threw a great pass to JMac in ot. Everyone like (ASMOF) is crying about the the 3-2 pass he threw behind moss. I'M from the school that says when it hits your hands your supposed to catch it. HOW many times did Hines Ward bail out Rothlisberger??? Since day one I said you cant win with Hackett...his crap will catch up to you in the long run. But we should of won the fing game.

2. WE played the number one ranked defense in the NFL. I believe Herm did not trust his offense (Bradawy hired Hackett not herm)..and you know what can you blame him??? At that point after seeing brien just fall short on a 47 yard field goal he felt 43 was enough. I agree with him. Brien choked and the way he hooked it he would of missed form 33. A flat out choke by Brien.

3. Tony Dungy and the great colt offense was decimated yesterday, the gerat Manning looked mortal...football is a funny game!!! We are building this jet team the right way..****we are a new OC from going to the superbowl.Look how are defense improved under Donnie H(adding Vi,ma,barton ,a nd coleman helped) This team will be bettter next year, and Chad will be better. Herm is not a good game coach but respect the fact that his team played hard three weeks in a row..in OT on the road. WE should of won the game...make a kick.

ONE KICK away and we are playing foootball at NE on Sunday...one 43 yard kick. ANY AZZHOLE inlucde Joe Bennigo and Brandon tiernry would of signed up for that before the start of the PITT game!!!!

one 43 yard kick from a veteran kicker signed to make kicks under 45 yards and he did so with regularity for two years!!!!

FU BRIEN!!!!!

DJR44

All League
    The Edwards excuse machine rolls on!Just feed it bodies. Cottrell last year, Hackett and Doug Brien this year.

The 40 seconds wasted between plays before the kneeldown with 2 timeouts...what genius was at work there? Was Dick Curl on the premises?

Nobody makes kicks at that distance in that stadium, and Edwards allowed his team to basically give up playing offnese for an unlilley kick. DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE?

Edwards is here 4 going on 5 years. If he had problems with the offense, why did he bother wearing a headset? So, he's an NFL head coach that allows his OC-the guy that works for him-to do what ever he wants.

WHAT DOES EDWARDS DO, EXACTLY? Please-tell us what other HC is allowed to treat his offense like some third party for 4 years? As Lupica noted, is Hackett some rogue cop running a covert op with the Jets offense for 4 years?

When Doug Brien hits a kick, Edwards is a genius. When he misses or the offense stinks, it's not his fault.

Veteran
    What does the Colts have to do with us loosing? Our offense scored three points, that's why we lost. Why do always blame Hackett, he is not the reason we lost. When Hackett is gone next year, who are you pennington fans going to blame than?

Veteran
    Bugg...would you agree that the JETS came ready to play at SD and then again at PITT. (NOT EASY)We played hard and we played smart!!!!! 43 yard field goal...your kicker should make it. DONT give this BS about the field. HERM should get credit for having his team ready to play and putting them in positin to win the ballgame...what do you wnat him to kick the FG!!!!

DJR44

All League
    The defense was fine.

Would you call 3 points form the offense ready to play? And how can you absolve the HC from that debacle?

All League
    Originally posted by djr44@Jan 17 2005, 10:58 AM
    In my humble opinion I thought Chad played well enough to win that football game, as did Herm.

a. The NFL is alot faster than when Joe M played. Hackett is a fossil..you can't possibly send two wr's in the modern day NFL and expect them to get open. When you you have only two wr's in the play that enables the steelers to bring alot of heat. Pennigton made one mistake the pick by Palumula..otherwise Moss dropped a TD, and he threw a great pass to JMac in ot. Everyone like (ASMOF) is crying about the the 3-2 pass he threw behind moss. I'M from the school that says when it hits your hands your supposed to catch it. HOW many times did Hines Ward bail out Rothlisberger??? Since day one I said you cant win with Hackett...his crap will catch up to you in the long run. But we should of won the fing game.

2. WE played the number one ranked defense in the NFL. I believe Herm did not trust his offense (Bradawy hired Hackett not herm)..and you know what can you blame him??? At that point after seeing brien just fall short on a 47 yard field goal he felt 43 was enough. I agree with him. Brien choked and the way he hooked it he would of missed form 33. A flat out choke by Brien.

3. Tony Dungy and the great colt offense was decimated yesterday, the gerat Manning looked mortal...football is a funny game!!! We are building this jet team the right way..****we are a new OC from going to the superbowl.Look how are defense improved under Donnie H(adding Vi,ma,barton ,a nd coleman helped) This team will be bettter next year, and Chad will be better. Herm is not a good game coach but respect the fact that his team played hard three weeks in a row..in OT on the road. WE should of won the game...make a kick.

ONE KICK away and we are playing foootball at NE on Sunday...one 43 yard kick. ANY AZZHOLE inlucde Joe Bennigo and Brandon tiernry would of signed up for that before the start of the PITT game!!!!

one 43 yard kick from a veteran kicker signed to make kicks under 45 yards and he did so with regularity for two years!!!!

FU BRIEN!!!!!

DJR44
    44- you are a fool

Moss did not drop td pass, it was underthrown, it was tipped, the DB also
    hit moss early. If pass was thrown well, it was a TD.. It was not.

Bottom Line is Chad played like a POS and was given a gift by Barrett and did
    nothing but gain only 13 yds.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by djr44@Jan 17 2005, 10:58 AM

I love this line of reasoning.

"See, the Colts lost too."

"Tony Dungy can't win the big game either."

"Peyton Manning chokes in big game too."

Just great, maybe we can gather around with all the Colts fans and have one big, miserable, we can't win the big game, circle jerk in the RCA dome this weekend while watching Pats v. Steelers on the big screen. :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif' />

All League
    You guys bash herm all the time, but did you ever one think that he had a lot to do with the vaunted defense this year. I agree that last drive was all on herm, but he'll learn. Give the man respect.

All League
    but he'll learn
    When, exactly? 4 years isn't enough to grasp basic offensive ideas and clock management for him.

WHEN DO WE GE THE FINISHED PRODUCT, HERMAPHRODITES? When? How much time do you give this idiot until you realize he is the finished product? 5,6, 7, 8 years? A decade?

All League
    Originally posted by Bugg@Jan 17 2005, 11:09 AM
    but he'll learn
    When, exactly? 4 years isn't enough to grasp basic offensive ideas and clock management for him.

WHEN DO WE GE THE FINISHED PRODUCT, HERMAPHRODITES? When? How much time do you give this idiot until you realize he is the finished product? 5,6, 7, 8 years? A decade?
    Another year, if he mkaes the same mistakes he has nobody to blame but himself. So like i said I give him one more year.

All Pro
    The Edwards excuse machine rolls on!Just feed it bodies. Cottrell last year, Hackett and Doug Brien this year.
    Wouldn't you agree that the Jets defense is signifigantly better this year. Wouldn't that mean that the Jets made the correct decision in getting rid of Cottrell.
    I think Moss should of made a play on the pass in the endzone from Chad. But there is no question Chad should have made the play in the 4th quarter, Moss was wide open and Chad just missed him.

I'm comfortable having Herm back next year. I thought they should have fired Hackett last year as well, and you are crazy if you don't put any responsibility on the guy who missed a 43 yard field goal by 10 yards. The kick even missed the net.

Veteran
    Originally posted by afosomf+Jan 17 2005, 11:39 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (afosomf @ Jan 17 2005, 11:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-djr44@Jan 17 2005, 10:58 AM

a. The NFL is alot faster than when Joe M played. Hackett is a fossil..you can&#39;t possibly send two wr&#39;s in the modern day NFL and expect them to get open. When you you have only two wr&#39;s in the play that enables the steelers to bring alot of heat. Pennigton made one mistake the pick by Palumula..otherwise Moss dropped a TD, and he threw a great pass to JMac in ot. Everyone like (ASMOF) is crying about the the 3-2 pass he threw behind moss. I&#39;M from the school that says when it hits your hands your supposed to catch it. HOW many times did Hines Ward bail out Rothlisberger??? Since day one I said you cant win with Hackett...his crap will catch up to you in the long run. But we should of won the fing game.

3. Tony Dungy and the great colt offense was decimated yesterday, the gerat Manning looked mortal...football is a funny game&#33;&#33;&#33; We are building this jet team the right way..****we are a new OC from going to the superbowl.Look how are defense improved under Donnie H(adding Vi,ma,barton ,a nd coleman helped) This team will be bettter next year, and Chad will be better. Herm is not a good game coach but respect the fact that his team played hard three weeks in a row..in OT on the road. WE should of won the game...make a kick.

ONE KICK away and we are playing foootball at NE on Sunday...one 43 yard kick. ANY AZZHOLE inlucde Joe Bennigo and Brandon tiernry would of signed up for that before the start of the PITT game&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

one 43 yard kick from a veteran kicker signed to make kicks under 45 yards and he did so with regularity for two years&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

FU BRIEN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

DJR44
    44- you are a fool

nothing but gain only 13 yds. [/b][/quote]
    The drop by Moss is moot point, the punt return came after that, it would not have happened if Moss catches the TD, BTW it was a great defensive play , more of that than a drop.

All League
    Originally posted by HBJETFANBOB+Jan 17 2005, 12:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HBJETFANBOB @ Jan 17 2005, 12:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by afosomf@Jan 17 2005, 11:39 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-djr44
    @Jan 17 2005, 10:58 AM

a. The NFL is alot faster than when Joe M played. Hackett is a fossil..you can&#39;t possibly send two wr&#39;s in the modern day NFL and expect them to get open. When you you have only two wr&#39;s in the play that enables the steelers to bring alot of heat. Pennigton made one mistake the pick by Palumula..otherwise Moss dropped a TD, and he threw a great pass to JMac in ot. Everyone like (ASMOF) is crying about the the 3-2 pass he threw behind moss. I&#39;M from the school that says when it hits your hands your supposed to catch it. HOW many times did Hines Ward bail out Rothlisberger??? Since day one I said you cant win with Hackett...his crap will catch up to you in the long run. But we should of won the fing game.

3. Tony Dungy and the great colt offense was decimated yesterday, the gerat Manning looked mortal...football is a funny game&#33;&#33;&#33; We are building this jet team the right way..****we are a new OC from going to the superbowl.Look how are defense improved under Donnie H(adding Vi,ma,barton ,a nd coleman helped) This team will be bettter next year, and Chad will be better. Herm is not a good game coach but respect the fact that his team played hard three weeks in a row..in OT on the road. WE should of won the game...make a kick.

ONE KICK away and we are playing foootball at NE on Sunday...one 43 yard kick. ANY AZZHOLE inlucde Joe Bennigo and Brandon tiernry would of signed up for that before the start of the PITT game&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

one 43 yard kick from a veteran kicker signed to make kicks under 45 yards and he did so with regularity for two years&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

DJR44

44- you are a fool

The drop by Moss is moot point, the punt return came after that, it would not have happened if Moss catches the TD, BTW it was a great defensive play , more of that than a drop. [/b][/quote]
    great post HBjet, it was far from a drop and yes PR negated a good defensive play

This board blames everybody but Herm and Chad.

All League
    Originally posted by afosomf+Jan 17 2005, 11:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (afosomf @ Jan 17 2005, 11:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by HBJETFANBOB@Jan 17 2005, 12:49 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-djr44

DJR44

44- you are a fool

The drop by Moss is moot point, the punt return came after that, it would not have happened if Moss catches the TD, BTW it was a great defensive play , more of that than a drop.
    great post HBjet, it was far from a drop and yes PR negated a good defensive play

This board blames everybody but Herm and Chad. [/b][/quote]
    The ball to Moss was underthrown? Would you have preferred that he throw it out the back of the endzone?

Veteran
    Originally posted by maury420+Jan 17 2005, 01:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (maury420 @ Jan 17 2005, 01:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by afosomf@Jan 17 2005, 11:52 AM
    Originally posted by HBJETFANBOB@Jan 17 2005, 12:49 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-djr44

DJR44

44- you are a fool

This board blames everybody but Herm and Chad.
    The ball to Moss was underthrown? Would you have preferred that he throw it out the back of the endzone? [/b][/quote]
    My point was they scored a TD anyway