Thread: Bradway must learn from mistakes

All Pro
    Bradway must make sure he doesn't have a repeat of the '02 off-season. To his credit, he acknowledges the mistakes he made and said that they were a too compalcent after the '02 season. I hope he doesn't repeat this approach and learns from his mistakes. That means being aggressive.

The Jets do not need to rebuild but there are obviously a few FAs that they must be aggressive in trying to keep. Also there are 3 or so holes that need to be filled. B/w the existing cap room and the financial maneuvering every team seems to do each off-season, the Jets should be able to be somewhat active. Again, they don't need to hit HRs or get a lot of guys..if they get 2 to 3 guys in te Barton/Barret mold, another solid draft and keep some of the key guys namely Abe, Fergie and Lamont, the Jets should bea ble to compete for the AFCE.

All League
    SIGN WALTER JONES.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Bradway must learn from mistakes..Easy Lester he's still trying to rebound
    from hiring a "Earn while You Learn" HC!! :lol: Actually between the 2 newbies
    Herm and TB..TB seems to have learned something!!

All Pro
    I'll tell you I have a ton of faith in this guy after last year. I hope he does just as well this offseason.

All Pro
    Originally posted by savage69@Jan 18 2005, 04:30 PM
    Bradway must learn from mistakes..Easy Lester he's still trying to rebound
    from hiring a "Earn while You Learn" HC!! :lol: Actually between the 2 newbies
    Herm and TB..TB seems to have learned something!!
    You still think Doug Brien is the man, by the way?? Sorry I told you to F off the other night

TomShane
    I agree, Lester. I mean to go out and hire a head coach who was never even a coordinator...Oh wait, we're not talking about that. Damn.

In all seriousness, this is the biggest off-season in Bradway's tenure. He had a great year last year, and if he can duplicate that we'll be in the game. He has some tough calls to make--OC, WR, TE, John Abe--but I have every confidence that behind those natty sweater-vests lies a general managing genius capable of getting us to the next level.

Rookie
    Originally posted by rsherryjr@Jan 18 2005, 04:32 PM
    I'll tell you I have a ton of faith in this guy after last year. I hope he does just as well this offseason.
    Amen to that !.....

It may be hard to duplicate last years success but as far as I'm concerned we have the right man for the job !.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by LesterLyles+Jan 18 2005, 04:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LesterLyles &#064; Jan 18 2005, 04:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-savage69@Jan 18 2005, 04:30 PM
    Bradway must learn from mistakes..Easy Lester he&#39;s still trying to rebound
    from hiring a "Earn while You Learn" HC&#33;&#33; :lol: Actually between the 2 newbies
    Herm and TB..TB seems to have learned something&#33;&#33;
    You still think Doug Brien is the man, by the way?? Sorry I told you to F off the other night [/b][/quote]
    At Least you got a pair&#33;&#33; :lol: Unlike a certain Gerbil Fan&#33;&#33; Hey maybe
    the Aussie Guy that Ham likes can kick field Goals as well&#33;&#33; Those
    Rugby posts are kind of narrow?? I never liked Brien..No Leg&#33; <_<

Banned
    get randy moss and it&#39;s all good

Originally posted by TomShane@Jan 18 2005, 04:32 PM
    I agree, Lester. I mean to go out and hire a head coach who was never even a coordinator...Oh wait, we&#39;re not talking about that. Damn.

In all seriousness, this is the biggest off-season in Bradway&#39;s tenure. He had a great year last year, and if he can duplicate that we&#39;ll be in the game. He has some tough calls to make--OC, WR, TE, John Abe--but I have every confidence that behind those natty sweater-vests lies a general managing genius capable of getting us to the next level.
    1 good year out of 3 tells me one thing: FLUKE

And this is the guy we&#39;re counting on guide us through one of the most important years in Jets history. God Help us.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by TomShane@Jan 18 2005, 04:32 PM
    I agree, Lester. I mean to go out and hire a head coach who was never even a coordinator...Oh wait, we&#39;re not talking about that. Damn.

In all seriousness, this is the biggest off-season in Bradway&#39;s tenure. He had a great year last year, and if he can duplicate that we&#39;ll be in the game. He has some tough calls to make--OC, WR, TE, John Abe--but I have every confidence that behind those natty sweater-vests lies a general managing genius capable of getting us to the next level.
    TS- you think it is possible we could get Randy Moss straight up for John Abraham? Personally, I would like to get this guy if at all possible. I think the Vikings will demand more than just ABE, but I don&#39;t think he is worth more than that. Maybe like a fifth rounder or something besides.

Both of these guys are considered "game changing" players. For this reason, I think trading them straight up sounds fair. I wonder if Red McComb will feel the same way?

All Pro
    possibly Randy Moss, Santana Moss, and a draft pick(atleast a 3rd).

Randy Moss is on a different level then anyone else.

TomShane
    Originally posted by Mainejet+Jan 18 2005, 06:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mainejet @ Jan 18 2005, 06:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TomShane@Jan 18 2005, 04:32 PM

TS- you think it is possible we could get Randy Moss straight up for John Abraham? Personally, I would like to get this guy if at all possible. I think the Vikings will demand more than just ABE, but I don&#39;t think he is worth more than that. Maybe like a fifth rounder or something besides.

Both of these guys are considered "game changing" players. For this reason, I think trading them straight up sounds fair. I wonder if Red McComb will feel the same way? [/b][/quote]
    MJ, I&#39;d be freaking shocked if they let Randy Moss get out of Minnesota. If they have to choose between dumping Mike Tice or Randy Moss, it&#39;s gotta be Tice going out the door.

That said, if they called and said "Give us Abraham, we&#39;ll give you Moss," then Bradway would be out of his mind not to do it. Look at it this way, if Randy Moss were to enter the NFL draft this year, he&#39;d be the consensus, no doubt #1 pick. That&#39;s essentially what you&#39;d be trading Abe for. Now, if the Vikings want to get cute and hold out for picks on top of that, I&#39;d tell them to s**t in a hat. They&#39;re as desperate to get Moss away from Tice as we are to get John Abraham away from the NY Jets trainers table.