Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curtis Martin is to Lamont Jordan as:

Is there a possibility that we now keep Lamont so that he can share carries the way Eddie George did with Chris Brown, prior to Brown taking over this year.

Can we be looking at Martin getting one more year with most of the carriers and then Lamont taking over in 2006?

Wow...

Banned
    curtis gets the carries until the results say otherwise

Originally posted by Jet_Warrior308@Jan 19 2005, 06:28 PM
    curtis gets the carries until the results say otherwise
    It's funny you say give Cumar the ball until he can't run anymore...but your signature shows a picture of Lamont scoring on what could be his new team the Oakland Raiders.

Banned
    From what I've read the Jets new OC will use Curtis and Lamont together, either one on the field at a time or both on the field at once or a combination of both.

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by MP3@Jan 19 2005, 06:33 PM
    From what I've read the Jets new OC will use Curtis and Lamont together, either one on the field at a time or both on the field at once or a combination of both.
    since he was just signed where did u read this

Ummmm no.

Curtis is immortal and is actually a highlander so the only way he'll be unseated is if Lamont Jordan of clan Terps can savagely behead him.

There can be only one.

All League
    Do the Steelers thing, I love C-mart but its time to move on. Lamont needs more carries.

Banned
    Originally posted by nyj102883+Jan 19 2005, 06:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nyj102883 @ Jan 19 2005, 06:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MP3@Jan 19 2005, 06:33 PM
    From what I&#39;ve read the Jets new OC will use Curtis and Lamont together, either one on the field at a time or both on the field at once or a combination of both.
    since he was just signed where did u read this [/b][/quote]
    On the Titans message board. I assume he&#39;s going to do this because he&#39;s done it in the past with the Titans.

Practice Squad
    Curtis doesn&#39;t look like he&#39;s slowing down, but backs can hit the wall, FAST&#33; Look at Eddie George, sure he declined two years ago, but this past season he just completely fell off the map. If Curtis falls off some this year, I say you have to take serious consideration to letting Lamont be the featured back in &#39;06. This is of course if you re sign Lamont this year, which we betteR&#33; B)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Lamont MUST be Kept (although at 27 years old, by the time he&#39;s the starter....he may be too old himself&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33

A Combination (an EQUITABLE combination) of Martin the 5 yard Slasher and Jordan the Explosive Powerback could provide exactly the same dominant run Othat the Steelers had this year. The kind that can simply dominate the end of games....yard...by.....yard....by...yard.....

Practice Squad
    If Hackett had any ****ing clue we probably beat the Steelers twice&#33; That ****ing idiot had him carry 8 times in 2 games. Damn, my man had 5 carries for 30 yards this past Saturday, why wasn&#39;t he getting the ball more?&#33;?&#33;? :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif' />

Funny but sad at the same time point about Lamont being too old by the time Curtis is done. That&#39;s why we may not be able to wait until Curtis is done, which is tough to do with your franchise&#39;s all time leading back and a future Hall Of Famer. If we keep Lamont and Curtis shows any signs of slowing down next year we may need to push Lamont into the role of getting more of the carries.

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by VinnieTheLush@Jan 19 2005, 06:17 PM
    Curtis doesn&#39;t look like he&#39;s slowing down, but backs can hit the wall, FAST&#33; Look at Eddie George, sure he declined two years ago, but this past season he just completely fell off the map. If Curtis falls off some this year, I say you have to take serious consideration to letting Lamont be the featured back in &#39;06. This is of course if you re sign Lamont this year, which we betteR&#33; B)
    I am a HUGE supporter of Lamont but I think we are seling Curtis Martin short here. It was Curtis&#39;s goal to age like fine wine in the NFL. His main goal has been to finish his career with better numbers than when he started. Curtis Martin is the one man with enough work ethic to be even better next year. If you don&#39;t believe me just read "Tales from the Jets Sideline" (book) Curtis stated in the book he wanted to finish stronger than when he began. My bet is Curtis will be running stairs in Santa Monica and playing chess with Jim Brown ALOT more this off-season. WATCH OUT HE WILL BE BACK AND EVEN MORE DANGEROUS

Veteran
    To compare Curtis to Eddie George is pure nonsense. Eddie George has took way too many hits with his running style that has left him basically as a short yardage back if that. He was deactivated towards the end of the season from the Cowboys. Curtis just won the rushing title...this guy just gets no respect. Sure Lamont is young and more physical but the Jets are stuck in a catch 22 and cannot put all of that money in the backfield. Unless Lamont takes a friendly deal for a year, money talks and he is out of here.

All League
    I hope not as Brown is injury-prone&#33;

No way Martin sees any decline in action until his results show he needs to stop. And that is JUST how Curtis would want it. LaMont is a force and I&#39;m sure he can be a successful #1 rusher for the Jets. But not until 2006 at the earliest.

All League
    Very interesting to see what happens. I dont think is similar though because George had some problems with the Titans, where Martin really doesnt, so I dont see the team just flat-out letting him go. Hes too good of a guy for them to do so. Not saying I agree or disagree with this, but I think it will take a lot for them to make Lamont the franchise back.

I dont see anything like Brown and George in our team. IMO, Jordan is better than Brown and George was totally shot the last 2 years on the Titans. Martin just won the rushing the title. No matter how big the drop off is he is going to be better than George this season.

All League
    Martin just won the rushing title... dont run him off just yet...

Veteran
    I think from a public relations standpoint, it was nice for Lamont to indicate he would be willing to come back. Although the Jets will try and sign him, I can&#39;t imagine them tying up all that salary (his and martins) at one position.

The guy just doesn&#39;t play enough to warrant that sort of &#036; commitment. They would really be better off drafting the RB of the future. A player out of college can make an immediate impact. In 2years, the guy can take over the reigns.

Practice Squad
    One slightly BIG difference - CMart hasnt lost 3/4 of a step hitting the hole. Eddie did and apparently didnt find it in Dallas. It should be CMart&#39;s job till he loses it. LJ has gone on record saying he will be patient if the right package can be put together. Lets get it done.

I think it will be interesting to see what the Jets do because we have one back that has a ton of potential and the other who has shown how great he is.

The thing that I see is that against the teams that we really need to run the ball Martin had 72 (24 Carries) and 77(19 Carries) yards against the Steelers and 70 (20 Carries) and 33 (13 carries) yards against the Patriots.

The only game we played from behind the entire was against the Patriots the second time (33 yards) where we threw the ball all night.

Jordan in the same games:

Patriots 21 yards (3 Carries)
    Steelers 10 yards (3 Carries, 1 35 yard run called back for phantom holding call)
    Patriots 6 yards (2 Carries)
    Steelers 30 yards (5 Carries)

I&#39;m not calling for the changing of the gaurd, but look at the numbers...I know limited carries, but Jordan showed flashes that he can change the pace and make something happen. He needs to be used more as did Chris Brown.

So read the numbers before you answer, I think Jordan could have run for 2000 yards with the 360 carries that Martin got...Did you guys see the way our O-line played this year.