Thread: JETS OFFSEASON

All Pro
    i no everyone has seen mine posted it like 100 times, so... wanna see soem ideas

All League
    Here's one...

SIGN WALTER JONES!

All Pro
    i meant a whole plan dude, cus so many people had separate threads, one thread wud be awesome, walter jones is in mine 2

All League
    Originally posted by arsenal1189@Jan 19 2005, 11:38 PM
    i meant a whole plan dude, cus so many people had separate threads, one thread wud be awesome, walter jones is in mine 2
    That is my whole plan. :lol:

I'm sure Jon Rynan is on our radar screen if he gets cut by the eagles due too his large cap number next year. Plus I'm sure we make a run at that Pitt basketball player Toutman as UDFA. Don't much about his football skills but the man is a beast on the offensive glass. Plus we make a run on either Porter or Burrers or RMOSS. Just like last year when we hired a new DC you also have too change the players as well. It wouldn't shock me too see Curtis either take a massive paycut or gets traded and we Lockup jordan before March 1st. It also wouldn't shock me for us too cut Fabini and Kevin as well. Since he like a more of a smash mouth type OLINE instead of a finesse one. We move kendall too center and goodwin too guard Kmac to LT Keep MOORE at his RG spot and draft another two tackles too compete for that last spot.

Originally posted by star95@Jan 20 2005, 12:47 AM
    Plus I'm sure we make a run at that Pitt basketball player Toutman as UDFA. Don't much about his football skills but the man is a beast on the offensive glass.
    hold on...from this i wanna say

1. Who the hell is Toutman?
    2. You didnt even say his position...what is it?
    3. Not everyone is Antonio Gates.
    4. If you don't know much about his football skills, why is he a potential NFL player?
    5. What does being a beast on the basketball court have to do with football?
    6. Who the hell cares if hes great on the offensive glass, tell me something about his blocking or pass-catching ability.
    7. Are you sure we make a run at this guy?
    8. It seems to me like hes a basketball player, not a football player.
    9. Also, did this guy even play on the football team?
    10. Why don't we get a UDFA who is a real tight end, rather than a former bball player

i hope this is a joke...but the rest of your post sounded serious so i took this seriosuly as well lol

sorry if u are offended, i think we just need to know more about this guy, and if he really does have any prospects of being in the NFL

All Pro
    All this walter Jones stuff is getting out of hand.

We have John Abe, Do you think anyone will get him for free? NO

They have a franchise guy too, Walter Jones. So why do all you people on the

board including the more intelligent guys think we can get him? He wil cost us picks plus heavy pay.

My plan for the offseason is simple and realistic.

1. Most importantly after our OC is keeping our PLAYMAKERS/GAMECHANGERS in Lamont Jordan and John Abraham.

2. Do not resign our JAG's that think they can command high salaries(Kmac, Ferguson, etc)

3.Cut and release replacable players like Donnie Abe, (hopefully Chrebet retires), Tongue, etcc

4. Build this team through the draft. IF we could get a premier corner as it seems right now so be it at 26. IF not trade down to the early second for shazor or a player in that category.

5.Make one key FA signing. This could have been a CB, but I dont think so because of the draft so im gonna go with TE.

We have a horrible history with drafting TE's, so I would like to see a TE with speed signed even if its alittle above his worth as TE's are not paid high.

Lastly I just dont think people should go crazy when its not a busy offseason. The biggest thingss this offseason is our OC(holla), retaining our stars, and having a solid draft. Besdies depth were looking at upgrading jus a few positions.