Thread: BIG 5 DON or MIKE VICK?

Rookie
    I'm torn because Big 5 went to 'Cuse obviously & has been so close.

Mike Vick is well ... He leaves you @ a loss for words.

Thoughts? Haters can chime in also

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by NY315MOE@Jan 20 2005, 12:21 PM
    I'm torn because Big 5 went to 'Cuse obviously & has been so close.

Mike Vick is well ... He leaves you @ a loss for words.

Thoughts? Haters can chime in also
    Moe- As an SU alum I would like to point out that (i) Donovan McNabb helped Syracuse to be a top 20 program throughout his tenure on the Hill and (ii) Michael Vick verballed to SU because he wanted to be the next McNabb, then backed out of his verbal and committed to VTech--sending the SU football program into a tail spin they may just be starting to peek out of, while turning the redneck Hokies into a national power, which in turn assisted in the split-up of the Big East and turning it into the Big Least and landing the ACC a gagillion $$ TV contract.

Go Donovan. Go Eagles. Go Syracuse.

All League
    I hate the eagles.... I hate Vick as well but .... Go Falcons

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

Go McNabb!!! The Eagles are due.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Go Falcons.

I don't mind seeing a Buffalo Bills type team of the 2000's. With a Falcons win, 4 straight NFC Championship losses and the last 3 at home to NFC South teams. Who knows, maybe the Saints beat them next year in the Championship game.

Veteran
    Early this morning I heard an interview w/ a linebacker from the redskins(I think), and he had something like this to say.....

"I believe in Karma, and the I believe that the way those fans treat their own players and other players, the Football Gods will never allow them to win a championship. I like the Falcons."

:lol:

Veteran
    2 overrated QB's....I like Vick more though.

Veteran
    Originally posted by gmogmo@Jan 20 2005, 02:31 PM
    2 overrated QB's....I like Vick more though.
    yeah they are soooo over rated all they do is win games

Veteran
    Originally posted by sandz+Jan 20 2005, 04:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sandz @ Jan 20 2005, 04:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gmogmo@Jan 20 2005, 02:31 PM
    2 overrated QB&#39;s....I like Vick more though.
    yeah they are soooo over rated all they do is win games [/b][/quote]
    I forgot football is a game won and lost by individuals....

Vick getting an MVP vote is the most laughable thing I&#39;ve ever heard...McNabb has improved, but let&#39;s see him not pull a Manning in the NFC CHampionship again before we give him too much credit.

All Pro
    McNabb

Veteran
    Originally posted by gmogmo+Jan 20 2005, 02:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gmogmo @ Jan 20 2005, 02:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by sandz@Jan 20 2005, 04:36 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-gmogmo
    @Jan 20 2005, 02:31 PM
    2 overrated QB&#39;s....I like Vick more though.

yeah they are soooo over rated all they do is win games
    I forgot football is a game won and lost by individuals....

Vick getting an MVP vote is the most laughable thing I&#39;ve ever heard...McNabb has improved, but let&#39;s see him not pull a Manning in the NFC CHampionship again before we give him too much credit. [/b][/quote]
    Lets take a look at mike vick.... hmmm last season he was hurt and only played three games. the falcons record last year was 4-12 by the way he won 2 of those games. this year vick takes them all the way to the nfc championship game. thats one hell of a turn around. the first year he started did they suck? no they went to the playoffs.. so in recap with mike vick playoffs without mike vick 8th overall pick in the nfl draft

Veteran
    simpleton&#39;s logic.....sure he makes a difference, but if you are giving every added win to Vick you just don&#39;t understand football.

Rookie
    Originally posted by gmogmo@Jan 20 2005, 03:27 PM
    simpleton&#39;s logic.....sure he makes a difference, but if you are giving every added win to Vick you just don&#39;t understand football.
    Famous quote from Buddy Ryan (whom I love as a coach, btw) on Cris Carter, back in the day:

"All he does is catch touchdowns".

I know that the public didn&#39;t know about his drug use @ the time, etc.

But all they do is win games, i&#39;ll take either one over Manning, any day.

Veteran
    Originally posted by gmogmo@Jan 20 2005, 03:27 PM
    These are the numbers that matter: The Falcons are 24-12-1 in the regular season with Vick as their starting quarterback and 3-11 without him.

plus check this out

Banned
    Don&#39;t like either one of them, but I&#39;m pulling HARD for Donovan.

I shudder to think about the c**klicking of Vick if he manages to get the Falcons to the Super Bowl.

Sandz, I&#39;m sure the Falcons&#39; MUCH improved defense has nothing to do with them winning.

Banned
    vick sucks. donovan is a top 10 QB but top 5, no friggen way.

I hope the eagles win, I hate vick. overrated

Veteran
    Originally posted by The Troll@Jan 20 2005, 04:36 PM
    Don&#39;t like either one of them, but I&#39;m pulling HARD for Donovan.

I shudder to think about the c**klicking of Vick if he manages to get the Falcons to the Super Bowl.

Sandz, I&#39;m sure the Falcons&#39; MUCH improved defense has nothing to do with them winning.
    its pretty much the same D.... the only thing is they arent on the field all the time because Vick is actually giving them some time to breath on the bench

think about it D&#39;s playing good this year with vick healthy. last year they played like s**t with vick hurt. year before they kicked ass again with vick healthy

All Pro
    Mr.Everything

Everybody get ready to see the most explosive and most exciting player in the game.

Sirrrrrrrrrrrrrr

MICHAELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

VICK

Banned
    Michael Vick: the only QB in NFL history that can throw two more touchdowns than interceptions, and average a fumble per game, and still get not just a free pass from everyone, but also all the credit for his team&#39;s success.

It&#39;s really quite amazing. The way some of you guys worship him, you&#39;d think he threw for 3,500 yards and 20 touchdowns and ran for 1,300 with ten more touchdowns.

He might get better, but as of now, he&#39;s a mediocre quarterback in a mediocre conference.

Falcons wouldn&#39;t have made it out of the AFC wild card alive, that&#39;s IF they&#39;d have made the playoffs playing an AFC schedule.