Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new offseason with 7rd draft

Veteran
    NEW JETS MOCK 7 ROUNDS with some offseason moves

after further review this is the way i want it to go down

Sign F. Smoot or S. Rolle(when released)
    Sign Walter Jones (not gonna happen) so they sign someone not quite as good but cheaper
    Re-sign Lamont Jordan he wants to stay and the jets want him too
    Re-sign John Abraham Terry Bradway said "John will be a jet next year"
    Re-sign James Reed
    Re-sign Chris Baker

Round 1- Heath Miller Virginia -TE- 6'5'' 255 this will be our pick to welcome Dinger we might even trade up for him
    http://virginiasports.collegesports.com/sp...er_heath00.html

Round 2- Donte Nicholson Oklahoma -SS- 6'2'' 216
    http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.db...8&Q_SEASON=2004

Round 3- Antonio Perkins Oklahoma -CB- 6'0'' 190
    http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.db...4&Q_SEASON=2004

Round 4- Atiyyah Ellison Missouri -DT- 6'4'' 300
    http://mutigers.collegesports.com/sports/m..._atiyyah00.html

Round 5- Rob Petitti Pittsburgh -OT- 6'6'' 330

Round 6- Isaac West Furman -WR- 6'0'' 186
    http://furmanpaladins.collegesports.com/sp...st_isaac00.html

Round 7- Matt Payne B.Y.U. -P- 6'4'' 234
    http://www.byucougars.com/football/profile...000937_ftb.html

well let me know what you think. thanks in advance.. please dont crucify me for a TE in the first round. round 5 probably isnt gonna happen he will more than likely be gone... probably the same with 2,3 and 4 but who knows. draft day anything can happen

All Pro
    perins, rd 3, no way

All Pro
    we signed a rugby punter

I think it'd be wise for us to draft a kicker

Walter Jones would be sweet but we would have to trade Abe (or live without a few other players to get him). Ryan Diem is a name I would consider if I wa looking for a free agent tackle. My preference would be to get our tackle in the first round of the draft. Good tight ends are hard to come by but we need a tackle. Getting one good enough to move Fabini to the right side would give Chad a lot more comfort in the pocket.

Veteran
    Originally posted by arsenal1189@Jan 22 2005, 02:57 PM
    perins, rd 3, no way
    i would have told you the same thing about Strait last year i along with a bunch of others had him as a first round prospect... and as for the punter dude plays aussie rules hes gonna need to beat someone out for this job

All League
    I love Miller dont get me wrong. But i think it would be in the Jets best interest to wait a round or two before taking a TE. Joel Dreesen out of Coloardo State is perfect. Take him in the middle rounds and watch out. He can block, and is like a WR out there. He stretches the field and has great hands. Use Baker as the main blocker and have Dreesen running routes. If your wondering why do i like him so much. My cousin lives in Ft.Collins,CO and we go to alot of Rams games. ANother guy on there team to watch out for is there WR David Anderson. Alot like Laverneous Coles, same size, almost as fast.

All League
    Round 5- Rob Petitti Pittsburgh -OT- 6'6'' 330

He definitely will not be around that late- I have been on his bandwagon for awhile though I would love to see Jets get him.

All League
    i like the Heath Miller pick!!!!

Let's stay away from drafting a TE with our first pick nothing good will come of that

All League
    Originally posted by NYJFan84@Jan 22 2005, 03:17 PM
    Let's stay away from drafting a TE with our first pick nothing good will come of that
    It has hurt usd in the past!!!!!!!!!& #33;!! :o

Originally posted by NYJFan84@Jan 22 2005, 03:17 PM
    Remember this?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...yers/23191.html

Anthony Becht | TE | West Virginia | Big East
    Selected by New York Jets in round 1, pick 27 (#27 overall)
    Ht Wt 40 BP SS LS VJ BJ Grade
    6'5" 270 4.81 - 4.13 11.53 33.5 10'3" 8.49

CNNSI.com

A productive player with excellent size and the frame to carry more weight. Effective blocker. Quick off the ball. Strikes squarely, uses his hands well and has decent explosion. Can bend his knees and turn defenders. Generally gets a piece of the linebacker when firing out. Works to sustain, but could be nastier. Solid receiver. Smooth in his takeoff. Has enough speed to get up the seam. Reads coverages well. Has a good feel for working over the middle. Secure catcher with good concentration. Strong runner after the catch. Quality all-around tight end.

All League
    Originally posted by verdegirl+Jan 22 2005, 03:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (verdegirl @ Jan 22 2005, 03:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NYJFan84@Jan 22 2005, 03:17 PM
    Let&#39;s stay away from drafting a TE with our first pick nothing good will come of that
    Remember this?

6&#39;5" 270 4.81 - 4.13 11.53 33.5 10&#39;3" 8.49

CNNSI.com

A productive player with excellent size and the frame to carry more weight. Effective blocker. Quick off the ball. Strikes squarely, uses his hands well and has decent explosion. Can bend his knees and turn defenders. Generally gets a piece of the linebacker when firing out. Works to sustain, but could be nastier. Solid receiver. Smooth in his takeoff. Has enough speed to get up the seam. Reads coverages well. Has a good feel for working over the middle. Secure catcher with good concentration. Strong runner after the catch. Quality all-around tight end. [/b][/quote]
    Verdegirl nice info to look back on-just shows you there are no sure things out there- And for sure that analysis of Becht was WAY OFF&#33;

Banned
    Originally posted by verdegirl+Jan 22 2005, 03:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (verdegirl @ Jan 22 2005, 03:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NYJFan84@Jan 22 2005, 03:17 PM
    Let&#39;s stay away from drafting a TE with our first pick nothing good will come of that
    Remember this?

CNNSI.com

A productive player with excellent size and the frame to carry more weight. Effective blocker. Quick off the ball. Strikes squarely, uses his hands well and has decent explosion. Can bend his knees and turn defenders. Generally gets a piece of the linebacker when firing out. Works to sustain, but could be nastier. Solid receiver. Smooth in his takeoff. Has enough speed to get up the seam. Reads coverages well. Has a good feel for working over the middle. Secure catcher with good concentration. Strong runner after the catch. Quality all-around tight end. [/b][/quote]

LMFAO&#33;&#33;

my fav part "strong runner after the catch" hahahhaa

All League
    Becht SUCKS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Veteran
    Remember this?

CNNSI.com

i understand your concern but let me assure you that Miller is no Becht.

Miller was the leading receiver in the nation among tight ends last season with 70 receptions for 835 yards ... those figures set ACC records by a tight end ... tied with Bruce McGonnigal for the most receptions in UVa history by a tight end with 103 ... 11th in school history in receptions ... 15th in Virginia history with 1,162 receiving yards, third among tight ends ... holds the ACC career record for tight ends with 15 touchdown catches, sixth in Virginia history ... has caught a pass in 21 consecutive games, the longest streak on the team ...sure-handed receiver gets a lot of attention for his pass catching ability, but he&#39;s also an outstanding blocker who enjoys it

Becht never did anything like that

All League
    I dont think we should draft miller in the first round&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    only TE&#39;s like T-Gon, and gates(not drafted, and Kellen Winslow(hasent played yet)
    Ahould go in the firat round and millr is defientaly not going to be as good as t-gon&#33;&#33;

Yeah we all know Miller is a better player than Becht and he hasn&#39;t even played a minute in the NFL, but even if we got a high pick to get him we&#39;d be hurting ourselves because we need to plug some holes we have on the offfensive line and defense before we even think about drafting a TE.

All League
    There are many good TE&#39;s in this draft like

Alex Smith
    kevin Everett
    Heath Miller and others&#33;&#33;&#33;

Why waste a firat round pick on miller&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn50@Jan 22 2005, 03:35 PM

LMFAO&#33;&#33;

my fav part "strong runner after the catch" hahahhaa
    EB50

If that means "Falls like a deck of cards" then Yeah, they&#39;re RIGHT ON&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;