Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riddle me this Pats fans!

All League
    Your team is going on the road to the team with the best record in the NFL. You're the favourite to win (Pats prefer to be dogs).

I live in New England. There really isn't much chatter about you guys this year, it's all very quiet. Is it quiet confidence or what?

All League
    Of course I'm nervous. My team is still alive and contending for a super bowl berth.

Plus losing to the steelers would really suck... and beating them would be awesome.

If the Jets were still in the playoffs you'd be nervous too scottish. Although if that was the case, I wouldn't be nearly as much.

Rookie
    I can honestly say that most of us Steelers fans are not very nervous at all. We think we match up well with the pats, plus we LOVE being the underdogs. I've seen all the Steelers players PC's this week and i gotta say that this team is loose this week. We'll see whether it translates to victory or not. Good luck Pats fans, may the best team win!

P.S. Should the Steelers happen to lose, i'll pop in here next week to give your team props etc.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Veteran
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by StillerPaul@Jan 22 2005, 10:41 PM

P.S. Should the Steelers happen to lose, i'll pop in here next week to give your team props etc.

Yeah, you should do that........... :unsure:

Rookie
    :lol:

Ya think they'll rip me apart? :lol:

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Me nervous?

In a word.............No

Banned
    They are sh*tting bricks.

they are being quiet so if they lose they can play if off as no big deal .

It's obvious.

All League
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Jan 22 2005, 10:03 PM

It's obvious.
    Exactly. No matter what happens, you'll still here how they're better than the Jets and the Sox won and blah blah blah.

Fact is, it'll kill them just as much as it did to us if they lose. We just dont try to hide under the "it doest matter too much" blanket.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Originally posted by Smizzy@Jan 22 2005, 11:03 PM

It's obvious.
    What would you have us do Smizz, come on a Jets board and talk smack to Steeler fans?

Check out the Steeler and Pat's boards, there is plenty of smack going back and forth.

Banned
    Originally posted by New England Hick+Jan 22 2005, 11:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (New England Hick @ Jan 22 2005, 11:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Smizzy@Jan 22 2005, 11:03 PM

It&#39;s obvious.
    What would you have us do Smizz, come on a Jets board and talk smack to Steeler fans?

Check out the Steeler and Pat&#39;s boards, there is plenty of smack going back and forth. [/b][/quote]
    Im not telling you to do anything,that doesn&#39;t change the fact that the attitude of the patriot fans around here is different the last year.

No?

Banned
    Nervous isn&#39;t the right word.

I have complete faith in Brady and BB to get the job done, as they have in the past. However I also acknowledge that Pitt is a just as good team, and so I wouldn&#39;t be shocked if the Pats did happen to lose.

But nervous? Not at all. Maybe this whole winning all the time thing is getting old...

...nah.

Rookie
    I&#39;ve talked to quite a few pats fans this week. I can&#39;t say that i sensed nervousness in em&#39;. There seems to be a certain element of respect coming from most of em&#39; as well. Maybe thats due to the fact that they have won 2 of the past 3 SB&#39;s. My gut feeling on the pats players is that they act respectful in the media but they don&#39;t respect my team at all. I don&#39;t agree with pats players taunting fans at the end of the 2001 AFCC, that wasn&#39;t very classy, imo.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO&#33;

All League
    I&#39;m nervous, like I am before most playoff games....

but quiet confidence IS the best term for Pats fans.

Look at the Patriots. Look at what they&#39;ve done thse past few years....

Of course we&#39;re quietly confident. Anyone who doesn&#39;t have some nerves going against a great team is a fool ---- Pittsburghian or Bostonian.....

but when Tom Brady is your QB, Bill Belichick is your coach, and Adam Vinatieri&#39;s your kicker, you are confident going into ANY big game.

Nervous? Yes. Confident? Yes. Scared? No.

Nervous ? No.

Filled with anxiety? Absolutely.

I have a healthy respect for what we&#39;re up against, but I also have faith in my team in crunch time.

The Pats are going to win.

I don&#39;t agree with pats players taunting fans at the end of the 2001 AFCC, that wasn&#39;t very classy, imo
    Neither was Cowher talking about the players making their Superbowl arrangements the week of the AFC Championship, or Kordell talking about "how good it was going to be to go home and play in front of my friends and family" (in New Orleans) two days before the AFC Championship. You don&#39;t know what was said to those players by the fans during the game either, for all you know they were paying back a few loudmouths in the first few rows.

All Pro
    Nervous is not the word, concerened would more accuratly reflect my feelings. The Steelers are a good team and they did not have a good game last week, the odds of them playing sub par two weeks in a row concerns me.

I think the pats will win, but after them winning two SB lately i wont be crushed. I dont think they are going to win every year and and i dont expect them to. I am happy with theseason they had so far. 14-2 and making Manning pout.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by RichardSeymour@Jan 22 2005, 10:22 PM

If the Jets were still in the playoffs you&#39;d be nervous too scottish. Although if that was the case, I wouldn&#39;t be nearly as much.
    It&#39;s comments like this that reaffirm my contention that you are the biggest fuc*ing tool on JI&#33;&#33;&#33;

All Pro
    I agree with RS. It is more the anticipation for the game as the week seems to crawl at a snails pace.

I think the Steelers are a formidable foe. They could win the game, but I seriously doubt the Patriots crap the bed like they did that day. Props for Cowher getting his team up for the game. He did an excellent job. I think his motivating his team had more to do with it then anything else.

With that being said, I doubt the Patriots and more importantly Brady plays that bad again. I am not saying he is going to pass for 300 yards, but if he cuts down his turnovers, which led to 14 of those 21 first quarter points, this game has the makings of a 15 round heavy weight fight and I like my team because they have prooven they can perform in crunch time.

If the Steelers wins, it will suck without a doubt, but as patman said with two titles in the last three years will soften the blow.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PFSIKH@Jan 23 2005, 09:17 AM

If the Steelers wins, it will suck without a doubt, but as patman said with two titles in the last three years will soften the blow.
    Do you believe your own bullsh*t??

All Pro
    What are you talking about? You think that i am going to walk around sulking for days becasue the pats lost a game?

I was a season ticket holder through the rod rust/McPherson years, These last 4 years have built up a 10 year reserve of contentment.

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    Are you knuckleheads smoking crack? The only team ****ting bricks are the Steelers. Again, as I said last week regarding the Colts, the Steelers do NOT have a prayer against this great evil NE Pats team. Not a freaking prayer in hell. Pats win this one easily. They&#39;re just too damn good. Too damn good.
    It&#39;s natural for Pat fans to be nervous. they&#39;re in the Champ. gfame and although a victory is all but cerain, there is that element of doubt....as always. Pats are ready for this game. Pats win big and win easily. Period&#33; And btw...that really sucks.