Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Romeo Crennel

Banned

" My Empire is Crumbling!!!! "

All League
    well now we will have to see how belliache does without his trusted asisstants. next year will be the test.

Originally posted by greengal@Jan 30 2005, 04:51 PM
    well now we will have to see how belliache does without his trusted asisstants. next year will be the test.
    Oh what do you know about FB?!

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Could we be saying the same thing about belicheck (not being able to win without WIESS OR CRENNEL) as people have said about parcells over the last few years without belicheck???

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by verdegirl+Jan 30 2005, 04:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (verdegirl @ Jan 30 2005, 04:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-greengal@Jan 30 2005, 04:51 PM
    Oh what do you know about FB?&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Whats FB to you Verde?? Fashion & Beauty??

All League
    Originally posted by verdegirl+Jan 30 2005, 04:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (verdegirl &#064; Jan 30 2005, 04:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-greengal@Jan 30 2005, 04:51 PM
    Oh what do you know about FB?&#33; [/b][/quote]
    watch it VG... :lol: notice that i was trying to be serious in my post.....no smileys..

ok ms. smarty pants...what is your opinion.... i saw that comment you made about chad&#39;s new QB coach&#33; :lol:

TomShane
    Originally posted by greengal+Jan 30 2005, 05:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (greengal @ Jan 30 2005, 05:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by verdegirl@Jan 30 2005, 04:59 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-greengal
    @Jan 30 2005, 04:51 PM

Oh what do you know about FB?&#33;
    watch it VG... :lol: notice that i was trying to be serious in my post.....no smileys..

ok ms. smarty pants...what is your opinion.... i saw that comment you made about chad&#39;s new QB coach&#33; :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Careful taking on verdegirl there, gg. You&#39;re, umm, out-numbered, ifyaknowwhatImean. Lithium, anyone? :lol:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by greengal@Jan 30 2005, 04:51 PM

next year will be the test.

Nothing will change.

It will be business as usual with yet another Super Bowl appreance next year.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by TomShane+Jan 30 2005, 05:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TomShane &#064; Jan 30 2005, 05:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by greengal@Jan 30 2005, 05:12 PM
    Originally posted by verdegirl@Jan 30 2005, 04:59 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-greengal

Oh what do you know about FB?&#33;

ok ms. smarty pants...what is your opinion.... i saw that comment you made about chad&#39;s new QB coach&#33; :lol:
    Careful taking on verdegirl there, gg. You&#39;re, umm, out-numbered, ifyaknowwhatImean. Lithium, anyone? :lol: [/b][/quote]
    What do you mean Tom???

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Jan 30 2005, 09:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Jan 30 2005, 09:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-greengal@Jan 30 2005, 04:51 PM

Nothing will change.

It will be business as usual with yet another Super Bowl appreance next year. [/b][/quote]

You are probably right. Belichick can handle the defense with Mangini or Pees under him but the offense might be an issue in some areas.

They are going to run the same offense and they have alot of ready made talent but in crucial situations, playcalling will be the key because they are keeping Weiss&#39;s playbook.

The Pats defense will continue to be great. The Pats offense will remain great.

There is such a strong foundation already in place that I don&#39;t think that losing both coordinators will hurt as much as people think.

Like I already stated, the playcalls in key situations will be interesting to see.

If Romeo and Charlie were leaving in year two of their run, It would be much more of an issue but since the team is so strongly established. It won&#39;t hurt that much.

Belichick is like Bill Walsh. He&#39;s the Bill Walsh of his era. He can function with any players or any assistants.

Waterboy
    It would not surprise me to see Schwartz from Titans go to the Pats. I&#39;m not so sure that wouldn&#39;t be a good thing for the Titans. Schwartz is a genius, but our defense has gotten softer under his schemes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by YoungJetsFan@Jan 30 2005, 05:34 PM

Belichick is like Bill Walsh. He&#39;s the Bill Walsh of his era. He can function with any players or any assistants.
    Walsh hasn&#39;t Coached in about 17 years YJF&#33;&#33; Your remember him well
    do ya?? :lol:

Banned
    Originally posted by YoungJetsFan+Jan 30 2005, 05:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YoungJetsFan @ Jan 30 2005, 05:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX@Jan 30 2005, 09:17 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-greengal

Nothing will change.

It will be business as usual with yet another Super Bowl appreance next year.
    You are probably right. Belichick can handle the defense with Mangini or Pees under him but the offense might be an issue in some areas.

They are going to run the same offense and they have alot of ready made talent but in crucial situations, playcalling will be the key because they are keeping Weiss&#39;s playbook.

There is such a strong foundation already in place that I don&#39;t think that losing both coordinators will hurt as much as people think.

Like I already stated, the playcalls in key situations will be interesting to see.

If Romeo and Charlie were leaving in year two of their run, It would be much more of an issue but since the team is so strongly established. It won&#39;t hurt that much.

Belichick is like Bill Walsh. He&#39;s the Bill Walsh of his era. He can function with any players or any assistants. [/b][/quote]
    The Patriots were 5-13 under Belichick before Bledsoe got hurt.

Brady is the key to the Pats success.

All Pro
    Originally posted by YoungJetsFan@Jan 30 2005, 09:34 PM

Sadly, the lone Jets&#39; fan voice of reason. Seriously, if you hoping the losses of Creneel and Weis are going to end the Patriots&#39; run you are mistaken.

While giving Charlie his props for game planning, he had some head scartching plays from time to time. IMHO the biggest effect will be on Brady as he and Weis have developed a good relationship (save your gay jokes Jets&#39; fans ). While it will not be enough to topple the kingdom, I think their will be growing pains as the new OC and Brady get used to each other and on one page.

wickedtwisted
    "Last year, Crennel interviewed with several teams, including Buffalo, Oakland, Chicago and Oakland. "

How did no one catch that? Amazing ESPN would let that go...

All Pro
    Originally posted by tana@Jan 30 2005, 05:37 PM
    It would not surprise me to see Schwartz from Titans go to the Pats. I&#39;m not so sure that wouldn&#39;t be a good thing for the Titans. Schwartz is a genius, but our defense has gotten softer under his schemes.
    Is Schwartz not signed? He would be a good fit as he got his start in cleveland under BB also.

BB will put together a great staff, He did in cleveland (saban/Turner/Ferentz/Bates/schwartz) and again in NE. He will find his type of guys again, he has been coaching in this league for 30 years, he knows who can and can not coach the game the way he wants it played.

"The Patriots were 5-13 under Belichick before Bledsoe got hurt.

Brady is the key to the Pats success."

That team sucked, he didn&#39;t even field 53 players as he said that he did not have that many NFL players. He had two picks from the previous 3 years of drafts on the team T-jones and Woody. Brady is great, but believe me he benefits from havein BB sit in on the qb film sessions and explain to Brady what the defensive is trying to show him.

Bitter
    Well congratulations to both of our coordinators. It&#39;s long overdue IMO. But if you Jets fans are hoping we&#39;re going to start squirming over this, you&#39;re kidding yourself. While Weis and Crennel are awesome coaches, Belichick is the one that runs the show.

All League
    I dont think Crennell leaving will make a big difference. This isnt like Parcells without Belichik; BB controls every defense he has, whether he is a DC or HC.

Weiss will be the interesting loss. I doubt New Englands offense will completely shutdown, but they could experience a letdown. Then again, we all thought New Englands injured secondary would never play as well as they did, so you can never really predict with them.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by PFSIKH+Jan 30 2005, 05:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH @ Jan 30 2005, 05:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-YoungJetsFan@Jan 30 2005, 09:34 PM

Sadly, the lone Jets&#39; fan voice of reason. Seriously, if you hoping the losses of Creneel and Weis are going to end the Patriots&#39; run you are mistaken.

While giving Charlie his props for game planning, he had some head scartching plays from time to time. IMHO the biggest effect will be on Brady as he and Weis have developed a good relationship (save your gay jokes Jets&#39; fans ). While it will not be enough to topple the kingdom, I think their will be growing pains as the new OC and Brady get used to each other and on one page. [/b][/quote]
    LMAO, look at the Pat-hetics all scared.

Right, losing Crennel and Weis are no big deal.

Everything is just wonderful in Pastryhomerville&#33;

You damn homers are clowns&#33;&#33;&#33;