Thread: MY top gripes !!

All League
    Here is a list of my top gripes going into the SB:

1. I am sick and tired of the hype around the SB can we just play the damn game!

2. I am sick of sports reporters who cant even control their own fatness and never played the game making statements like that know it all.

3. I am sick of this drought of the Jets not getting to the SB and more important of the lack of respect this team gets.

4. If I see another Steeler game with camera shots of Cowers wife I am gonna scream !

5. Mike Lupica needs to take growth hormones and stop his Napolian complex

6. I am sick of ABC Monday Night Football starting at 9PM. A lot of us have to get up early for work. And can we please get back to a format that worked before all the BS.

7. I hate ALL DRAW plays (Hackett disease &#33

8. I hate the way Herm throws people under the bus..frankly that's not what a leader does.

9. I hate players like Abraham that hold out for really big bucks but have the heart of a gnat. If we pay him and play him will he get hurt again?

10. Finally..NY Post reporter Serby is a rolyal bung hole. This guy has been on and off the wagon so much he has springs in his shoes

Hall Of Fame
    :lol:

Veteran
    Women reporters on the side lines - Monday night football - Just shut up!
    Madden - Can't stand his blubbering

Originally posted by rmeyer52@Feb 3 2005, 11:24 AM
    2. I am sick of sports reporters who cant even control their own fatness and never played the game making statements like that know it all.

i.e. A past version of the sports reporters, I believe the guy was from Philly. There are a lot of radio guys that fall into this category, there are plenty of those up here in MA.

All Pro
    Originally posted by NEJetFromLI+Feb 3 2005, 12:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NEJetFromLI @ Feb 3 2005, 12:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rmeyer52@Feb 3 2005, 11:24 AM

i.e. A past version of the sports reporters, I believe the guy was from Philly. There are a lot of radio guys that fall into this category, there are plenty of those up here in MA. [/b][/quote]
    We have some here in NY. WFAN has at least 2 overweight blabbering idiots, and 1 extra thin retard.

Veteran
    Originally posted by mmckiernan@Feb 3 2005, 11:13 AM
    Madden - Can&#39;t stand his blubbering
    This here is my #1 gripe. Can&#39;t stand this guy anymore. I&#39;d almost rather listen to Dan Dierdorf.

Almost.

Originally posted by mbn007+Feb 3 2005, 01:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mbn007 @ Feb 3 2005, 01:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by NEJetFromLI@Feb 3 2005, 12:28 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-rmeyer52
    @Feb 3 2005, 11:24 AM

i.e. A past version of the sports reporters, I believe the guy was from Philly. There are a lot of radio guys that fall into this category, there are plenty of those up here in MA.
    We have some here in NY. WFAN has at least 2 overweight blabbering idiots, and 1 extra thin retard. [/b][/quote]
    I assume you&#39;re talking about Mad Dog. I can pull in the fan up here, lately, I can&#39;t stand him. Nothing to do with the Jets, he just goes off on these idiotic rants. I&#39;m suprised Esiason hasn&#39;t thrown him through a wall yet during inside the huddle. I can take Francessa (to a point). I like whoever Mushnick hates.

Originally posted by rmeyer52@Feb 3 2005, 12:24 PM
    8. I hate the way Herm throws people under the bus..frankly that&#39;s not what a leader does.
    Who did he throw under the bus?

Ans: Nobody.

HC&#39;s do what&#39;s best for the team.

You think other coaches make no changes?

Who are talking about? Fat Teddy? Hackett? Are you actually saying that either one should have been kept? If not, then your argument is as limp as Hackett&#39;s 3rd and long draws...

All League

9. I hate players like Abraham that hold out for really big bucks but have the heart of a gnat. If we pay him and play him will he get hurt again?

He won&#39;t get hurt until the post season.

Don&#39;t forget if we tag him, he will be in a contract year again.

Got to think about his future.

I sure hope sombody comes up with a trade deal the Jets CAN&#39;T refuse

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Jet-Zeppelin+Feb 3 2005, 04:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jet-Zeppelin @ Feb 3 2005, 04:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rmeyer52@Feb 3 2005, 12:24 PM
    8. I hate the way Herm throws people under the bus..frankly that&#39;s not what a leader does.

Who are talking about? Fat Teddy? Hackett? Are you actually saying that either one should have been kept? If not, then your argument is as limp as Hackett&#39;s 3rd and long draws... [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Herm&#39;s the HEAD COACH. the buck should stop with him -but it doesnt. in 2003 it was Cotrell&#39;s fault the defense wasnt performing. this year it&#39;s Hacketts bad play calling. It&#39;s Quincy Carter not managing the clock. it&#39;s Doug Brien missing field goals from 40+ yards.

now if you&#39;re saying it&#39;s the HC&#39;s job to point fingers and not to take the blame, then herm&#39;s a damn good coach. if you think it&#39;s the HC&#39;s job to STEP IN and take control of the situation, instead of allowing the situation to occur (and then get a free pass since it&#39;s &#39;not my fault&#39 and putting the blame on someone else&#39;s shoulders then herm aint your guy.

Originally posted by shuler82+Feb 3 2005, 04:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shuler82 @ Feb 3 2005, 04:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Jet-Zeppelin@Feb 3 2005, 04:52 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-rmeyer52
    @Feb 3 2005, 12:24 PM

Who are talking about? Fat Teddy? Hackett? Are you actually saying that either one should have been kept? If not, then your argument is as limp as Hackett&#39;s 3rd and long draws...
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Herm&#39;s the HEAD COACH. the buck should stop with him -but it doesnt. in 2003 it was Cotrell&#39;s fault the defense wasnt performing. this year it&#39;s Hacketts bad play calling. It&#39;s Quincy Carter not managing the clock. it&#39;s Doug Brien missing field goals from 40+ yards.

now if you&#39;re saying it&#39;s the HC&#39;s job to point fingers and not to take the blame, then herm&#39;s a damn good coach. if you think it&#39;s the HC&#39;s job to STEP IN and take control of the situation, instead of allowing the situation to occur (and then get a free pass since it&#39;s &#39;not my fault&#39 and putting the blame on someone else&#39;s shoulders then herm aint your guy. [/b][/quote]
    You made no valid point. Not one. Herm manages the overall team and the team has been successful under his tenure. Sorry to get into facts as you are clearly more into soap opera bullsh_t.

So you would have kept Teddy? If no, then WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

You want to keep Hackett? If no, THEN WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

Just say you don&#39;t like Edwards. Don&#39;t make up this bullsh_t about him throwing people under busses.

He fired TC and IMPROVED THE TEAM.

He fired Hackysackless and IMPROVED THE TEAM.

Which part don&#39;t you get?

Again, if you don&#39;t like Edwards, fine. But to knock a coach for bettering his team is flat-out stupid.

Practice Squad
    I am sick of the JETS not being in the Super Bowl

Originally posted by jetfan1020@Feb 3 2005, 05:44 PM
    I am sick of the JETS not being in the Super Bowl
    Boo-hoo

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Jet-Zeppelin@Feb 3 2005, 04:36 PM
    about him throwing people under busses.

Again, if you don&#39;t like Edwards, fine. But to knock a coach for bettering his team is flat-out stupid.
    Zep will you be one of the stand up Hermophiles and say Herm
    corrected his mistakes of Hiring Fat Teddy and Hackett to start
    with?? Or will you stand with the no blame crew that say "Now
    Herm is hiring HIS Coordinators on D and O"??? <_<

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

What happened to: (A) I`m sick of never having our own home in 40+ years & (B) I`m sick of playing in a stadium that has another NFL TEAMS name & colors on it>>>

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Jet-Zeppelin+Feb 3 2005, 06:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jet-Zeppelin @ Feb 3 2005, 06:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by shuler82@Feb 3 2005, 04:41 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-rmeyer52

now if you&#39;re saying it&#39;s the HC&#39;s job to point fingers and not to take the blame, then herm&#39;s a damn good coach. if you think it&#39;s the HC&#39;s job to STEP IN and take control of the situation, instead of allowing the situation to occur (and then get a free pass since it&#39;s &#39;not my fault&#39 and putting the blame on someone else&#39;s shoulders then herm aint your guy.
    You made no valid point. Not one. Herm manages the overall team and the team has been successful under his tenure. Sorry to get into facts as you are clearly more into soap opera bullsh_t.

Just say you don&#39;t like Edwards. Don&#39;t make up this bullsh_t about him throwing people under busses.

Again, if you don&#39;t like Edwards, fine. But to knock a coach for bettering his team is flat-out stupid. [/b][/quote]

you dont get it.

yes, getting rid of those coaches was the right thing to do. Bad mouthing them in the press was not. he blames the jets shortcomings on other people- if you dont like it herm, change it&#33; HE&#39;s the HEAD COACH&#33; he&#39;s the one who should be ultimately responsible. the way he called out Quincy was horrendous, and putting the blame solely on Doug Brien is the sign of someone who scapegoats&#33;

i like herm. i&#39;m not a herm basher. but you can&#39;t sit here and say he hasnt put the blame on others. Does Cotrell and Hackett deserve blame? definitely&#33; but as the head coach, you can dictate HOW the coach- what schemes the should be running- what plays should be called. it&#39;s not enough to ***** about how they did a poor job after the fact&#33;

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by shuler82+Feb 3 2005, 05:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shuler82 @ Feb 3 2005, 05:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Jet-Zeppelin@Feb 3 2005, 06:36 PM
    Originally posted by shuler82@Feb 3 2005, 04:41 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-rmeyer52

you dont get it.

yes, getting rid of those coaches was the right thing to do. Bad mouthing them in the press was not. he blames the jets shortcomings on other people- if you dont like it herm, change it&#33; HE&#39;s the HEAD COACH&#33; he&#39;s the one who should be ultimately responsible. the way he called out Quincy was horrendous, and putting the blame solely on Doug Brien is the sign of someone who scapegoats&#33;

i like herm. i&#39;m not a herm basher. but you can&#39;t sit here and say he hasnt put the blame on others. Does Cotrell and Hackett deserve blame? definitely&#33; but as the head coach, you can dictate HOW the coach- what schemes the should be running- what plays should be called. it&#39;s not enough to ***** about how they did a poor job after the fact&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Shuler it&#39;s always nice to see when someone"Get&#39;s it"&#33;&#33; I remember
    when in Tuna&#39;s first year in the Lion Game some stupid plays were
    called&#33; 2 I remember was the Leon Johnson pass and another Dumbplay was
    when Ray Lucas was put in for one of those "Special plays" and it backfired&#33; In
    that Game had he left Neil O&#39;Donnell in we would have been in the Playoffs&#33;
    We killed Tuna on the Board I was on at the time&#33;&#33; But Hermie?? Nah&#33; It&#39;s not
    PC to ever blame Hermie&#33;&#33;

This just came to mind, I think the funniest thing to come out of these guys mouths, is when they yell and scream about how out of shape a guy is coming into training camp. :lol: :lol: