Thread: After following Owens in Philly all year

Veteran
    After watching Terrell Owens play for Philly all season and with the exception of a MNF skit,go through relatively little controversy, my question is why should the Jets go after Moss. The Eagles missed out in 3 straight NFC championships because they lacked the a major playmaker on offense, more specifically a playmaking Wide Receiver. When the Eagles got Owens, everyone wondered how his attitude would disrupt team chemistry and it didn't. For the most part, Owens wasn't a trouble and all and he was a HUGE reason the Eagles go to the Super Bowl. Who knows, if you have a 100 percent Owens playing in the game, maybe it turns out another way. The Jets have all the tools necessary to win the big one, but still lack the one differencemaker at Wide Receiver that can turn the offense into something defenses fear. Why not Moss?

I never was a huge supporter of bringing Moss to NY, but the more I think about it the more I think it could work. As long as we don't sell away half the team of course. It is obvious that the Jets mantra has always been team first. You hardly hear any Jet *****ing and whining about anything, even after rough losses. Who's to say Herman or more importantly Curtis Martin couldn't get Moss to conform to a "team first" personality. Martin is the epitomy of class and I doubt any antics from Moss would get tolerated much from Martin or anyone on the team. Secondly, Moss has always said he's wanted to play with Pennington, who is another player who is a "team-first" guy.

nothing is more important to Moss than winning, which is something he can bring to New York. If Philly can bring Owens at least partially down to earth this last season, I dont see why the Jets can't do the same for Moss.

Veteran
    I could not agree with you more. I am a PRO Randy Jet fan. I have talked to plenty of people who are totally against it, but I believe we NEED Randy for many of reasons. 1) When was the last time the Jets had a player with attitude, cockiness? Keyshawn??, yea...and what did we do with him in 98...hmmm?>??, EXACTLY. 2) Randy would make the Jets offense a power in the NFL, imo. And last off, we have the resources to do it, Lamont Jordan and J Abe are free agents of course. We have an option to franchise one and trade him. The Vikes would be a nice fit for eithier player and I believe Mike Tice is done with Randy.

Undrafted Free Agent
    look what we have to give up for him though

Randy Moss is not nor will ever be Terrell Owens. TO is a monster-big physical, tough dude. Moss sat out four games with a bad hamstring and is a selfish idiot. TO played his nuts off 7 weeks after seriously busting his fibula. Besides, the cost for Moss is way to high.

Veteran
    Originally posted by CTjetfan51@Feb 7 2005, 12:29 AM
    Randy Moss is not nor will ever be Terrell Owens. TO is a monster-big physical, tough dude. Moss sat out four games with a bad hamstring and is a selfish idiot. TO played his nuts off 7 weeks after seriously busting his fibula. Besides, the cost for Moss is way to high.
    TO was no less selfish in SF than Moss is in Minnesota. But look at Owens now. Like i said, maybe it takes a different environment and different people to get a new outlook for Moss. What difference does it make whether TO is stronger than Moss, Moss still makes plays and still is a difference maker. And Moss's hamstring injury is no different than TO having a busted fibula. An injury is an injury.

Like I said, I dont want to give up too much for Moss. But if its giving up J.Abe and S. Moss for Moss, then fine. J.Abe is as good as gone anyway and I could care less whether Santana "just show me the damn sidelines" Moss ever put on a Jet uniform again.