Banned
    1.Ernest Shazor S Michigan
    2.Fabian Washington CB Nebraska
    3.Joel Dressen TE Colorado State
    4.Maurice Clarett RB Ohio State
    5.Tyler Jones K Boisie State
    6.Dan Holland MLB Mansfield
    7.Santonio Thomas DT Miami(FL)

Don't do FA mocks, by the way I drafted yo ucan pretty much figure out what woudl be addressed via free agency. Thoughts?

Banned
    I'm not a fan of Shazor in the first round and I absolutely cringe at the thought of drafting Clarrett, who hasn't played in two years and was injury-prone whenever he did.

I like the Dreesen pick, as well as the Thomas pick.

Waterboy
    If we could get Clarrett in the 4th round I would absoloutly do it. He has the potential to be a a backup every bit as good as Lamont. Of course, he has serious character issues, but if he ends up being a huge problem we can just cut him.
    I mean a lot of 4th round picks don't make the team anyway, so if he seems like a "cancer" then it wouldn't be any problem to release him - just like any other 4th rounder. Only most other 4th rounders don't have the potential to be a perennial Pro-Bowler.

Besides, at Ohio State he had all kinds of "character problems", but that didn't stop him from leading Ohio State to a nat'l championship. Remember that play he made in the championship game, where he chased a Miami defender, whom had just come up with a huge interception, down the sidelines and wrestled the ball away from him, to give the ball back to OSU. He showed an incredible "will to win" on that play; if a player shows heart like that on the field, I really don't care what kind of problems they have off-the-field.

If this guy can keep his head on straight he is a top 5 RB in the NFL. As a 4th round pick that is a chance which we have to take (if we lose Lamont, of course).

Veteran
    I had us taking Dressen in my mock...I like the guy and I hope we get him.

All Pro
    shazor (if we trade down, its good) no TE?

Originally posted by nyc jetsfan@Feb 7 2005, 06:58 AM

If this guy can keep his head on straight he is a top 5 RB in the NFL. As a 4th round pick that is a chance which we have to take (if we lose Lamont, of course).
    are you serious? he has a better chance of getting cut in camp than being a top 5 rb in the NFL.

Originally posted by nyc jetsfan@Feb 7 2005, 06:58 AM
    If we could get Clarrett in the 4th round I would absoloutly do it. He has the potential to be a a backup every bit as good as Lamont. Of course, he has serious character issues, but if he ends up being a huge problem we can just cut him.
    I mean a lot of 4th round picks don't make the team anyway, so if he seems like a "cancer" then it wouldn't be any problem to release him - just like any other 4th rounder. Only most other 4th rounders don't have the potential to be a perennial Pro-Bowler.

Besides, at Ohio State he had all kinds of "character problems", but that didn't stop him from leading Ohio State to a nat'l championship. Remember that play he made in the championship game, where he chased a Miami defender, whom had just come up with a huge interception, down the sidelines and wrestled the ball away from him, to give the ball back to OSU. He showed an incredible "will to win" on that play; if a player shows heart like that on the field, I really don't care what kind of problems they have off-the-field.

our front office won't draft him ... they only draft guys the drink the kool aid and list of excuses ... and are content with just making it on the bus.
    More concerned with image than desire to win.

All League
    Nice job, overall. All good players...and good effort.

Clarrett thing will be tough, as he's continues to anger NFL scouts and execs. Just in the last few weeks, he didn't accept an invite to the East-West game (as he promised) and committed to some elite skills competion, then backed out at the last second--He's doing nothing to dispel the theory that he's a total punk and a waste of time.

Also, I'm about 99.9% sure Dan Holland was eligible for the 2004 draft and didn't get drafted or signed as a street free agent....(Might want to edit that one).

I don't blame you for putting in Holland, as a few "top draft sites" pumped him pretty hard prior to the last draft--this happens when Net sites "sellout" to small time agents and pump non prospects.

Banned
    Originally posted by arsenal1189@Feb 7 2005, 08:45 AM
    shazor (if we trade down, its good) no TE?
    Joel Dressen TE Colorado State, guy has great hands and is a solid blocker, Dinger needs another set of hands at TE. Baker isn't exactly an amazing blocker either. Could be there for us in the 3rd.

After the combines and all that good stuff I think Shazor will shoot up draft boards, best pure SS in the draft. Prolly the biggest need on this team.

All League
    I'd much rather have Ryan Moats or even Darren Sproles in round 4 than Clarett.

Banned
    Gotta roll the dice on Clarett, kid has the potiential to be one of the best running back in the league. Sproles could be something special, but if i had to pick between the 3 you gotta gamble on greatness and select Clarett.

All League
    Originally posted by StonerJet 63@Feb 7 2005, 06:09 PM
    Gotta roll the dice on Clarett, kid has the potiential to be one of the best running back in the league. Sproles could be something special, but if i had to pick between the 3 you gotta gamble on greatness and select Clarett.
    But why in the 4th round? Are there that many teams who are looking to take him there that we can't wait until the 5th?

Banned
    Originally posted by Jetsfan80+Feb 7 2005, 06:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jetsfan80 @ Feb 7 2005, 06:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-StonerJet 63@Feb 7 2005, 06:09 PM
    But why in the 4th round? Are there that many teams who are looking to take him there that we can&#39;t wait until the 5th? [/b][/quote]
    Personally I don&#39;t think he will be there for us in the late 5th. Sure this kid is troubled and has all that off the field stuff going on in his life, but some team is gonna roll the dice on him at some point in the late 3rd or 4th round IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

too many running backs who PROVED themselves in college are available than taking a PROJECT in Clarett.

Waterboy
    Originally posted by jetsfreak@Feb 7 2005, 05:54 PM

too many running backs who PROVED themselves in college are available than taking a PROJECT in Clarett.
    Nobody proved themselves like Clarett. Nobody else in the draft led his team to the championship as a freshman. This guy was possibly the best running back in the country when he was 18 years old. Talent like that doesn&#39;t come along very often, and it never comes along in the middle rounds.

He is the only guy at that stage in the draft who would have a realistic chance of being as good, if not better than Lamont. From a football standpoint I think this is a no brainer, unfortunatly I think the Jets are more concerned with the potential nightmare this could be from a PR standpoint.

Hall Of Fame

best RB in the country at 18 years old??? what were you watching????? I recall there was this kid from UM named WILLIS MCGAHEE and quite a few other RB&#39;s that were BETTER than Clarett......what the heck did he do that was so great......he was hurt...he is not explosive.....NO WAY the Jets bring in a PROJECT here.

Draft Ryan Moats.....Marion Barber etc.....too many backs that actually had a great college career are out there.

Pass on Clarett......I have no doubt that the Jets will.

Veteran
    does anyone think that we can trade out of our first round pick for two mid seconds? or early third and a second.. and maybe get nugent and shazor in round two?

Hall Of Fame

I dunno since we are @ # 26 but I see where you are going.

Banned
    Originally posted by jetsfreak@Feb 7 2005, 07:23 PM

best RB in the country at 18 years old??? what were you watching????? I recall there was this kid from UM named WILLIS MCGAHEE and quite a few other RB&#39;s that were BETTER than Clarett......what the heck did he do that was so great......he was hurt...he is not explosive.....NO WAY the Jets bring in a PROJECT here.

Draft Ryan Moats.....Marion Barber etc.....too many backs that actually had a great college career are out there.

Pass on Clarett......I have no doubt that the Jets will.
    Clarett wasn&#39;t given the chance to have a long college careerhowever, he was a GREAT running back when he was playing. He may be a project right now but why not gamble a roll the dice on a project that could be ELITE( not a word i throw around alot) in the NFL. In the 4th round at that point every pick is a major gamble. No where on the draft board from the 3rd round down are you gonna find a player with this kind of potiential. As much as I love Curtis he ain&#39;t gonna be running forever, by the time he is done Clarett should be more than ready to become the starter.

As far as Marion Barber we need to address bigger holes than RB with our top 3 picks and Barber will prolly be off the board in the 2nd.