Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't know if this was posted

All Pro
    Jets interested in Houshmandzadeh

Eh, he's no Randy Moss.

All Pro
    This is the WR that I want. Either him, Mason or Porter. I would love a 4 WR set with Tan, TJ, McCareins and Cotchery/Chrebet.

Also, that is a GREAT name to have on the back of the jersey.

All Pro
    I think he should be considered the #1 target for most teams, He will not demand the 5 mill plus that Burress/Porter would want.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

this would be a GREAT signing for the Jets - this guy REALLY stepped it up this year and was Cinny's #1 target for most of the season - not Chad Johnson, not Peter Warrick.. he'd give the Jets a solid WR corps

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

I'll be happy with either him or J Porter

this offense will be good with Dinger and another good receiver.

Veteran
    What kind of signing bonus do you think TJ will demand?

Originally posted by Jetlag@Feb 8 2005, 12:35 PM

Eh, he's no Randy Moss.
    so, you want to pay a starter ... free agent starter money ... to sit Santana Moss or JMAC on the bench (when in a two WR set). Which one of the three will be happy being tagged as the jets 3rd receiver?

Hall Of Fame

It would be a good pick up.

I actually don't think the terms #1 or #2 mean squat since they will both be on the field

#1 receiver: T.J.
    #2 receiver: J Mac
    SLOT RECEIVER: S Moss

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Banned
    I hear Houshmanzadeh wants an 8mil signing bonus

Veteran
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Feb 8 2005, 01:39 PM
    I hear Houshmanzadeh wants an 8mil signing bonus
    Wow one year of success equals 8 mill guaranteed?&#33; Must be nice... <_<

Hall Of Fame

I was just on the Broncos team site

Smizzy where did you read that he wanted an * Mil bonus?

Veteran
    Originally posted by jetsfreak@Feb 8 2005, 03:50 PM

I was just on the Broncos team site

Smizzy where did you read that he wanted an * Mil bonus?
    Bet you didn&#39;t learn anything there, he&#39;s a Bengal

Hall Of Fame

Ouch&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;& #33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I meant to write Bengals

Banned
    Bengalszone.com

All League
    Originally posted by inchadwetrust+Feb 8 2005, 02:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (inchadwetrust &#064; Feb 8 2005, 02:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jetlag@Feb 8 2005, 12:35 PM

Eh, he&#39;s no Randy Moss.
    so, you want to pay a starter ... free agent starter money ... to sit Santana Moss or JMAC on the bench (when in a two WR set). Which one of the three will be happy being tagged as the jets 3rd receiver? [/b][/quote]
    Good point, but the answer would be simple....trade Santana.

In all seriousness, however, I think Housh would fit in well as a # 3 WR if we can get him for that type of price.

All Pro
    Originally posted by inchadwetrust+Feb 8 2005, 02:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (inchadwetrust @ Feb 8 2005, 02:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jetlag@Feb 8 2005, 12:35 PM

so, you want to pay a starter ... free agent starter money ... to sit Santana Moss or JMAC on the bench (when in a two WR set). Which one of the three will be happy being tagged as the jets 3rd receiver? [/b][/quote]
    When did I ever say anything like that? I just posted the link. That doesn&#39;t mean I want to sign him.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Originally posted by Jetlag+Feb 8 2005, 06:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jetlag @ Feb 8 2005, 06:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by inchadwetrust@Feb 8 2005, 02:13 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Jetlag
    @Feb 8 2005, 12:35 PM

so, you want to pay a starter ... free agent starter money ... to sit Santana Moss or JMAC on the bench (when in a two WR set). Which one of the three will be happy being tagged as the jets 3rd receiver?
    When did I ever say anything like that? I just posted the link. That doesn&#39;t mean I want to sign him. [/b][/quote]
    Most free agents want to come to a team that is playoff bound and possibly superbowl bound. If nothing else the fact that the Jets have a pretty good shot at returning to the post season as well as being in the media spotlight should to some degree make the Jets appealing to him.

All League
    Originally posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan+Feb 8 2005, 06:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ARodKeyWestJetsFan @ Feb 8 2005, 06:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Jetlag@Feb 8 2005, 06:42 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Jetlag

When did I ever say anything like that? I just posted the link. That doesn&#39;t mean I want to sign him.
    Most free agents want to come to a team that is playoff bound and possibly superbowl bound. If nothing else the fact that the Jets have a pretty good shot at returning to the post season as well as being in the media spotlight should to some degree make the Jets appealing to him. [/b][/quote]
    not for nothing a-rod,do you still think r moss to the jets is a pipe dream?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Originally posted by jetgreen13+Feb 8 2005, 07:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetgreen13 &#064; Feb 8 2005, 07:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan@Feb 8 2005, 06:05 PM
    Originally posted by Jetlag@Feb 8 2005, 06:42 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-Jetlag

Most free agents want to come to a team that is playoff bound and possibly superbowl bound. If nothing else the fact that the Jets have a pretty good shot at returning to the post season as well as being in the media spotlight should to some degree make the Jets appealing to him.
    not for nothing a-rod,do you still think r moss to the jets is a pipe dream? [/b][/quote]
    I haven&#39;t seen anything legit to make me think otherwise. If you look at some of the "High Risk" free agents Herm and Bradway have brought in they are players that have had issues IE Josh Evans, Quincy Carter but they were humble players grateful for a 2nd chance to play. If you look at other "normal" free agents that have been signed they have been decent players with their ego&#39;s in check. Even the current starters on the Jets have their ego&#39;s in check and for the most part keep a good relationship with the media. R. Moss is not humble and takes his career in the NFL for granted and makes an ass of himself with the media every chance he gets I still say no way in God&#39;s green and white earth he comes to the Jets. Call me crazy I guess.

All League
    Man, I hope not.

I&#39;m having a hard enough time spelling Heimadinger, or whatever