Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front 7

All Pro
    Secondary is not as important in a Defense A la New England Patriots. If they could trade up for derrick johnson out of texas then they would have as good of a front 7 as any Defense in the league

Veteran
    Derrick Johnson is a GREAT LB but that is not our need. IMO the Front Seven was the staple of the Team. Now that Abe is Franchised the front 7 is in tact assuming Ferg is resigned. The LB core is solid. Go for the Secondary our use it to trade for you know who.

Banned

we definetly need a cornerback more then derrick johnson altho it would be great

All Pro
    We're good in the front 7 but what im saying is we need to be dominate. The Jets are only gonna have Abraham for 1 more year and Hobson is a ?

Veteran
    Who said abe is in for just one more year. I think that they did that so they don't have to have Abe Ellis, Ferg and Lamont all contracts in the same year. Remeber Herm said everyone will have a chance to stay. THEY Will make offers to Lamont and Ferg. ANd back on topic Who says Derrick Johnson will be there at 26 if he is it would be tough to pass up. BUT Rogers is the way to go at 26 if he is there and Johnson.

I do agree that the front seven has become more important because of the rule changes, but the Jets arent the Patriots. We dont run a 3-4 like they do. Their D relies alot more on front seven play than most D's do.

eLOT :ph34r:

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

we need a defensive back

Rookie
    As an outsider looking in, i'd say the Jets front 7 is probably one of the best groups in the league. I see no need to add anyone there unless ya lose Abe or someone else.

TMahoney
    I bet Ty Law is cut. They won the superbowl without him and hes making some insane amount of money next year. Hopefully because of his injury we can snag him without paying top dollar. Hopefully.

Banned
    hobson is a question mark. but I really like McClovers chances of taking his spot

also, if we sign Pat Williams and start bryan thomas it would be better then fergy and abraham because drob would get 1 on 1s, IMHO

All Pro
    Originally posted by JacktheRipper@Feb 12 2005, 12:17 AM
    We're good in the front 7 but what im saying is we need to be dominate. The Jets are only gonna have Abraham for 1 more year and Hobson is a ?
    Explain to me how we would only have Abe for 1 more year. You can reuse the franchise tag on the same player in successive years. Walter Jones has been tagged 3 years in a row... Tagging Abe doesn't mean it is a 1 and done.

Banned
    people, you do realize abraham will never play a full 16 game season right?

he's a great player and fun to watch

but in the playoffs I'll gladly take randy moss and bryan thomas over just john abraham

All Pro
    Originally posted by ErIcBaRtOn50@Feb 12 2005, 10:59 AM

he's a great player and fun to watch

but in the playoffs I'll gladly take randy moss and bryan thomas over just john abraham
    Which is why you tag him and let him play for his pay... BTW, he played 2 16 game seasons... He just doesn't show when we really need him.

Banned
    Originally posted by BergenJet+Feb 12 2005, 11:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BergenJet @ Feb 12 2005, 11:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ErIcBaRtOn50@Feb 12 2005, 10:59 AM

he&#39;s a great player and fun to watch

but in the playoffs I&#39;ll gladly take randy moss and bryan thomas over just john abraham
    Which is why you tag him and let him play for his pay... BTW, he played 2 16 game seasons... He just doesn&#39;t show when we really need him. [/b][/quote]

which makes him a worthless POS :lol:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Originally posted by StillerPaul@Feb 12 2005, 02:07 AM
    As an outsider looking in, i&#39;d say the Jets front 7 is probably one of the best groups in the league. I see no need to add anyone there unless ya lose Abe or someone else.
    Absolutely right- Paul. This guy knows more about the Jets than some of the Jet fans.

All Pro
    I can name 10 better front sevens than we have
    1.New England
    2 Pittsburgh
    3-Philly
    4-Baltimore
    5-San Diego
    6-Washington
    7-Buffalo
    8-Jacksonville
    9- Carolina
    10-Bucs

now notice the top 3 teams in the league have the 3 most dominate front sevens if the jets are gonna get to that level they are gonna have to match them. Also maybe if we had another dominate linebacker we would switch to 3-4

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Originally posted by JacktheRipper@Feb 12 2005, 12:44 PM
    1.New England
    2 Pittsburgh
    3-Philly
    4-Baltimore
    5-San Diego
    6-Washington
    7-Buffalo
    8-Jacksonville
    9- Carolina
    10-Bucs

now notice the top 3 teams in the league have the 3 most dominate front sevens if the jets are gonna get to that level they are gonna have to match them. Also maybe if we had another dominate linebacker we would switch to 3-4
    Jack- you underestimate our front seven. We&#39;re definitely top 10, if not top 5 in the league IMO. And no way does Philly have a better front 7 than us.... or San Diego. Where&#39;d you come up with this?

Banned
    Originally posted by JacktheRipper@Feb 12 2005, 12:44 PM
    1.New England
    2 Pittsburgh
    3-Philly
    4-Baltimore
    5-San Diego
    6-Washington
    7-Buffalo
    8-Jacksonville
    9- Carolina
    10-Bucs

no f&#39;n way

NE, Pitt, Buffalo are all better and maybe carolina

our front 7 is much better than phillys, baltimores(balt dline is avg), san diego(maybe a tie, but our dline is better), washington(lmfao, who&#39;s their dlineman), jacksonville(overrated defense, no DEs), bucs (LMFAO this team cannot stop the run&#33;&#33;&#33

so you&#39;re definetly off

1. pittsburgh
    2. NE
    3. buffalo
    4. carolina (maybe)
    5. jets

All Pro
    I wasn&#39;t really listing in order.... but anyway i believe that this is the way we could get to the superbowl. I know we have a good foundation with Vilma,Robertson,Ellis but you have to admit didn&#39;t our front seven let us down vs pitt( along with herm but i dont want to get into that) i do however feel like that linebacker hartwell out of baltimore would really help bring our 7 to the next level alos resigning ferguson is vital

Banned
    Originally posted by JacktheRipper@Feb 12 2005, 01:09 PM
    I wasn&#39;t really listing in order.... but anyway i believe that this is the way we could get to the superbowl. I know we have a good foundation with Vilma,Robertson,Ellis but you have to admit didn&#39;t our front seven let us down vs pitt( along with herm but i dont want to get into that) i do however feel like that linebacker hartwell out of baltimore would really help bring our 7 to the next level alos resigning ferguson is vital
    signing pat williams more then anything else would really make our front 4 and front 7 that much better

I doubt bradway will already give up on hobson, the only players than can beat him out IMHO are the ones on the roster right now and the LBs in the draft we get, if we do