Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Feeback...

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Something new. Since we get a tremendous amount of fan opinions sent to us via e-mail, and in the off-season we sometimes starve for football related topics, I am going to occasionally post them for your feedback.

Here's one I got yesterday:

Dear Jets Insider.com

I am a dedicated Jets fan since the 1980's. Watching the team recently I've been disappointed because they lost good players to Washington and Houston. I was very happy when the Jets improved on defense but over over the past 4 years offense has been losing games. Basically. I don't think Chad Pennington can beat the good teams in the playoffs or get the Jets to the Superbowl. He has proven this time and time again.

I heard Drew Bledsoe is going be released from the Bills. I think the Jets should sign him. He is a much, much better quarterback. He can at least throw the ball more than 10 yards. Pennington has to have the weakest arm of all time.

Dump Chad Pennington and get a real quarterback like Drew Bledsoe. The Jets have good receivers with good hands, but you need a quarterback that can reach them in order to utilize their talents. You can't go wrong with Bledsoe, but you will with Pennington he just plainly stinks. I am sure most Jets fan feel the same way as I do.

Thanks for your time,

Juan
    Comments?

All Pro
    One of the most idiotic things I have ever read.

Rookie
    hmmm

All League
    Originally posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER@Feb 15 2005, 09:03 AM
    Something new. Since we get a tremendous amount of fan opinions sent to us via e-mail, and in the off-season we sometimes starve for football related topics, I am going to occasionally post them for your feedback.

Here's one I got yesterday:

Dear Jets Insider.com

I am a dedicated Jets fan since the 1980's. Watching the team recently I've been disappointed because they lost good players to Washington and Houston. I was very happy when the Jets improved on defense but over over the past 4 years offense has been losing games. Basically. I don't think Chad Pennington can beat the good teams in the playoffs or get the Jets to the Superbowl. He has proven this time and time again.

I heard Drew Bledsoe is going be released from the Bills. I think the Jets should sign him. He is a much, much better quarterback. He can at least throw the ball more than 10 yards. Pennington has to have the weakest arm of all time.

Dump Chad Pennington and get a real quarterback like Drew Bledsoe. The Jets have good receivers with good hands, but you need a quarterback that can reach them in order to utilize their talents. You can't go wrong with Bledsoe, but you will with Pennington he just plainly stinks. I am sure most Jets fan feel the same way as I do.

Thanks for your time,

Juan
    Comments?
    :blink: :blink:

All Pro
    Dumb, Dumb and Dumber.

Chad is the man.

Practice Squad
    Well you know what they say, one man's garbage is another man's...

...actually in this case, it'd just be another man's garbage

Rookie
    he'll be in dallas next year

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... oookkkkeeeyyy .... which pats fan is calling themselves juan now ??...

l_j_r

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Juan=Tex??

All Pro
    Well, I could just about get on board with the 'sign Bledsoe' part, but dumping Chad is ridiculous. If Bledsoe was prepared to sign a backup deal, I'd take him as Chad's caddy. He has always thrown a beautiful ball, and he would be a solid backup to Penny. But any notion of making Bledsoe a starter and dumping Chad is simply ludicrous.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Dear Juan,

Even if the JETS agreed with you, they cannot release Pennington so soon after paying him long-term guarunteed money to the tune of 22 Million dollars.

In addition Drew Bledsoe would be a stop-gap solution at best. Any team looking to win a Super Bowl would not seriously consider Bledsoe as option 1. Bill Bellichek wrote the book on how to beat this guy and it's been read by the whole league.

As a cheap short-term backup to injury prone Pennington, well that one can make a case for - as a REPLACEMENT for Pennington there is no shot at all.

Thank you for stopping by,

-Bitonti

"over 9300 posts and still going strong!!!"

All League
    bledsoe 5 years ago, maybe. now, not even close.

All League
    Jonejet I was just going to lay odds Patsfantx is Juan.
    Bledsoe to Dallas with parcells

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I didn't know DelaweJet's first name was Juan.

Board Moderator
    Charter JI Member

how many times have we gone up against a bledsoe patriots team that we knew was better on paper, knowing we had a chance b/c of him and his statue routine, holding the ball too long - and in most cases, came away with a "W". i'm just never afraid of him, he seems easily 'schemed'.

i'm not saying he's not good, or that he hasn't had good games against us (or good halves, at least), but no thanks. as a back up? in a second. not a starter.

Hall Of Fame
    What an absolute moron........

Veteran
    Bledsoe = Vinny 10 years younger

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

Bledsoe's arm would be a nice upgrade over Chad's, but even if it were economically feasible, would ANYONE start him over Chad? Sometimes having a fastball isn't everything.

All League
    As a Pats fan I think this is a GREAT idea.

Browning Nagle threw the ball real hard.