Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What about...

Undrafted Free Agent
    I think Kevin Johnson might be a great fit here, at least he would be my choice before R Moss.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=1992059

B)

Rookie
    Why would we want a headcase like Moss when there are better options out there.
    Kevin Johnson is one of many I'd rather have here instead of Moss.

All League
    Might as well not bring in a receiver at all, and let Jerricho be the # 3. If you're going to IMPROVE AT WR, you go all out and make the big move. Randy, Plexiglass, Porter appear to be the short list of guys who could be starters for us at the moment. If you want Kevin Johnson, be my guest, but I'd prefer to go for the best.

Rookie
    We already got Kevin Johnson last year. We call him J-Mac. An adequate receiver who hands in an adequate performance. We need someone more dangerous.

All League
    Originally posted by SirLanceMehlot@Feb 15 2005, 04:58 PM
    We already got Kevin Johnson last year. We call him J-Mac. An adequate receiver who hands in an adequate performance. We need someone more dangerous.
    Excuse me? Kevin Johnson cannot hold the jock of Justin McCareins. Did you happen to notice that he was our go-to target and clearly the # 1 receiver last year? Did you also happen to realize that the reason he didnt put up huge numbers was because of Hackett and the lack of confidence Chad had in his injured shoulder? C'mon dude, Justin McCareins is our future.

Undrafted Free Agent
    When I suggested Kevin Johnson I was thinking of using him as a solid 3rd reciever in lieu of my boy Wayne not being around. I like that Dinger and JMac are together again and I think that Dinger will use him to his max potential. I don't want a head case in R Moss. As far as I am concerned the downside is far worse than what he brings to the table in a positive way. I see Santana as our 2nd reciever and then with a 4 reciever set there is plenty of room for Jericho. I also think you save cash and bodies that way.

B)

Veteran
    K.J DID ABSLOUTELY NOTHING LAST YEAR IN BALTIMORE AND WOULD BE A WASTE OF TIME TO BRING IN HERE, EITHER GET AN A-LIST GUY OR DRAFT SOMEBODY, 4GET K.J.

Rookie
    Originally posted by Jetsfan80+Feb 15 2005, 06:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jetsfan80 @ Feb 15 2005, 06:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SirLanceMehlot@Feb 15 2005, 04:58 PM
    Excuse me? Kevin Johnson cannot hold the jock of Justin McCareins. Did you happen to notice that he was our go-to target and clearly the # 1 receiver last year? Did you also happen to realize that the reason he didnt put up huge numbers was because of Hackett and the lack of confidence Chad had in his injured shoulder? C&#39;mon dude, Justin McCareins is our future. [/b][/quote]
    Sanatana was our #1 receiver last year, and rightfully so. He was our best threat and actually outgained J-Mac in spite of a pulled hammy the first half of a season. The Dinger had J-Mac as a third reciever in his Tennessee offense, and let him go without a fuss. He also rode J-Mac like a rented mule while in Tenn., siting a lack of route-running ability and inability to separate--the same problems he had here. Please don&#39;t tell me he&#39;s our future. If that&#39;s the case, our future will be unexciting at the very least.

Marbury and Co.
    Originally posted by Jetsfan80@Feb 15 2005, 01:52 PM
    Might as well not bring in a receiver at all, and let Jerricho be the # 3. If you&#39;re going to IMPROVE AT WR, you go all out and make the big move. Randy, Plexiglass, Porter appear to be the short list of guys who could be starters for us at the moment. If you want Kevin Johnson, be my guest, but I&#39;d prefer to go for the best.
    Exactly.

Rookie
    Originally posted by Marbury and Co.+Feb 15 2005, 07:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marbury and Co. @ Feb 15 2005, 07:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jetsfan80@Feb 15 2005, 01:52 PM
    Might as well not bring in a receiver at all, and let Jerricho be the # 3. If you&#39;re going to IMPROVE AT WR, you go all out and make the big move. Randy, Plexiglass, Porter appear to be the short list of guys who could be starters for us at the moment. If you want Kevin Johnson, be my guest, but I&#39;d prefer to go for the best.
    Exactly. [/b][/quote]
    Makes sense to me. I also think J. Carter is an untapped resource coming off the bench. If he makes the cut, I can see Dinger&#39;s "wide-open" style really benefitting Carter.

All Pro
    kevin johnson is very similair to chrebet and can come a heck of a lot cheaper

All League
    Originally posted by arsenal1189@Feb 15 2005, 07:37 PM
    Johnson drops way to many PASSES, we defientaly dont need a Wr that drops passes&#33;

ILL PASS&#33;

All Pro
    Originally posted by JetMan55+Feb 15 2005, 06:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JetMan55 &#064; Feb 15 2005, 06:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-arsenal1189@Feb 15 2005, 07:37 PM
    Johnson drops way to many PASSES, we defientaly dont need a Wr that drops passes&#33;

ILL PASS&#33; [/b][/quote]
    he has bad hands??? are u kiiding, his weakness is his speed

All League
    BUDDY......... have you ever watched him hes got two rocks as hands&#33;&#33;&#33;

He isnt slow&#33;

He cant catch for s**t&#33;

All Pro
    Originally posted by JetMan55@Feb 15 2005, 06:52 PM
    BUDDY......... have you ever watched him hes got two rocks as hands&#33;&#33;&#33;

He isnt slow&#33;

He cant catch for s**t&#33;
    Kevin Johnson....dude, seriously...im POSITIVE that johnson&#39;s weakness is his speed

All League
    Hes not the fastest guy, but he sure isnt slow...

HIS PROBLEM IS HIS HANDS&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    k johnson is a nice strong additional player but you guys are totally kidding yourself if you really think he could bring what moss brings.

All Pro
    Originally posted by JetMan55@Feb 15 2005, 06:57 PM

im not arguing w/ u anymore...

All League
    Originally posted by arsenal1189+Feb 15 2005, 07:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (arsenal1189 @ Feb 15 2005, 07:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JetMan55@Feb 15 2005, 06:57 PM

im not arguing w/ u anymore... [/b][/quote]
    ok sounds....GOOD&#33;

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by arsenal1189@Feb 15 2005, 06:37 PM
    Thats all I am trying to say. Waynes gonna be history... No he isn&#39;t a randy moss type of reciever. KJ&#39;s weakness is his speed not his hands. He&#39;s still young and I think he is an untapped talent. B)