Thread: moss maybe's ?????????

Undrafted Free Agent
    with reports of sam cowart possibly anting to go i think that if we have any chance of getting moss the window is now open or it wont be open at all.

from a minnesota point of view if you want to get rid of moss and are looking for draft picks and defensive help o think we have the better package then say the ravens.

we could give up either abraham and or cowart. and throw in some picks.

i say the two of them and our first this year and maybe our second next year for moss and how about their second this year.

would give us who we want and at least two second round picks and if we do get rid of lamont maybe we can use him to pick up either another second (gives us three) or we use him and one of our seconds (the two we have if we get moss) to maybe get up somewhere in the first round again

opinions???????????

Banned
    i want moss as much as the next guy but thats way too much. If they are getting 2 D starters we dont need to give them a first. a 3rd, which is still too much, i would think about

All Pro
    Originally posted by atl1011@Feb 16 2005, 11:18 AM
    i want moss as much as the next guy but thats way too much. If they are getting 2 D starters we dont need to give them a first. a 3rd, which is still too much, i would think about
    agreed

Rookie
    To be honest, we would be giving up way too much for Moss.

If minnesota would accept an Abraham for Moss swap, then do it(possibly a late rounder from us too). But otherwise just forget it.
    I dont think we would be able to package Cowart and a draft pick for Moss, maybe Cowart, and a lot of draft picks, and minny would definitely want two number 1's with cowart for Moss.

We should explore our options with Abraham, see if we could get other plays/picks straight up for him. Especially see if we can get 1st rounders for him.

Banned
    I'd do that trade (Abe, Cowart and a 1st for Moss and a 2nd) in a heartbeat. Cowart is useless to us. We might as well be trading them thin air.

However, I'm sick of talking about Randy Moss. With the ownership change, IMO, he isn't going anywhere.

let me tell u guys something........cowart will no be asked in a trade for moss..........cowart is going to be released regardless so why would minny ask for him.......he has no value to minny.......its abe and a first rounder for moss

All Pro
    Originally posted by rudajnwhat@Feb 16 2005, 11:26 AM
    let me tell u guys something........cowart will no be asked in a trade for moss..........cowart is going to be released regardless so why would minny ask for him.......he has no value to minny.......its abe and a first rounder for moss
    Cowart has no value to Minn? You can't be serious...

Cowart is a favorite of Cottrell's. Cowart is an instant starter on most teams, especially a team that needs LB help. Minn is all set at RE so Abraham wouldn't fill a gap/hole for them.

Sure Abraham's pure talent is much closer to Moss' than Cowart's, but if they're looking for a Defensive starter it's not a RE, it's a LB (MLB preferred) or a Safety.

However with the sale of the Vikings I doubt Moss will be traded... and I wouldn't be so sure Cowart will be released. He allows us to play in the 3-4 set and is a valuable back-up. From what I've seen releasing him doesn't save much cap space, trading him would be wiser imho

Banned
    i would do abe, cowart and a 2nd for moss...in a heartbeat...or possibly the abe, cowart and a first for moss and a 2nd...maybe

at cowarts salary there is no intrest........none zilch zerooooooooo