Thread: OT DEPT. : Kareem McKenzie

Hall Of Fame
    Colts Finalizing New Deal for Diem --
    Fri Feb 18, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

ESPN's Len Pasquarelli reports two league sources told ESPN.com on Thursday evening that the Indianapolis Colts have a new deal all but in place for OT Ryan Diem, a four-year veteran who has emerged as one of the NFL's best young right tackles. The extension, which is said to be for six or seven years, would pay Diem bonus money in the $12 million-$14 million range, the sources said. If the deal is completed it would remove from the market a guy who, at age 25, is really coming into his own, and who would have garnered a ton of attention in the free-agent pool. At least two teams, one in each conference, had Diem very high on their free agency wish lists.

~ ~ ~ oh well,
    with diem & w.jones to be signed soon ;
    kareem mckenzie's agent must be lickin' his chops B)

Banned
    kareem mckenzie is nothing special, alitte overrated

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

The Colts have dedicated WAY TOO MUCH money to their offensive players. They've got Manning, Harrison, Diem all getting HUGE contracts , and they'll probably franchise tag Edge, taking a +- $8 million cap hit.

Haven't they learned that defense win championships?

Payton Manning = Dan Marino

Great QB, no ring.

TMahoney
    bonus money in the $12 million-$14 million range
    Use that money on pursuing Woodson. I DO NOT, repeat, I DO NOT want to see us retain K-Mac if his contract is anything close to Diem's.

McKenzie is an average right tackle and doesn't really fit at that position. Your Right Tackle is usually a good run blocker road grader ... McKenzie is more finese ...

but apparently not good enough to play left tackle over stone feet Fabini.

Veteran
    Kareem McKenzie is an average - pretty good OT in the NFL, nothing more, nothing less. I wouldn't be heartbroken to see him go

All Pro
    Originally posted by RickLyle IZ GOD@Feb 18 2005, 04:12 PM
    Kareem McKenzie is an average - pretty good OT in the NFL, nothing more, nothing less. I wouldn't be heartbroken to see him go
    same

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Tell Kareem I love him, but don't let the door hit him in the butt. #77 Marko Cavka is listed on the depth chart right behind him and I want to see Cavka get some play. Fabini is a solid veteran of the game and a good O tackle, but he's no Curtis Martin and has seen his hey-day with the Jets too. If the new OC "The Dinger" is as smart as we hope he is, he'll alternate & train Cavka & Jones in the starting line positions during mini & training camp to see what shakes out.

Cavka played both RT & LT in college and lettered 3 times in his division. Jones was a TE, was in a car accident and broke a few bones, then switched to LT his senior year. Vilma & Coleman did an outstanding job for us this past season, I say give the rest of the Draft Class of 2004 a shot too. :wacko:

All League
    Originally posted by Buzzsaw@Feb 18 2005, 04:57 PM

Payton Manning = Dan Marino

Great QB, no ring.
    did you see boomer say that to dan ??
    thought danny boy was gonna cry.. :lol: :lol:

Veteran
    its a real tough call. while i agree w/ the sentiments that m kenzie is an ok to preety good tackle, nothing more, nothing less, the line as a unit was very productive last yr, and id hate to see them broken up. if we have a project at RT, and if fabini continues to break down at LT, we may have a huge problem on our hands.