Thread: lamont

Undrafted Free Agent
    really the only way i see lamont staying is if we used him as we use or used gerald sowell. i like sowell and really dont want to see him go but if so can i get some opinions on this idea.

sign lamont to a good long term deal and shape him in training camp to work on his blocking and become a sowell type player.

we could use him as a catch out of the backfield type back and part time running back and hope that we can get the ball to him maybe 10-15 times a game.

this would mean getting martin to agree to take less carries(which may be hard to do). let jordan be sowell's replacement for about two years and then when martin retires he can step in as our back

AGAIN I DONT SEE THIS HAPPANING BUT I DONT THINK IT IS SUCH AS BAD IDEA.

???????????

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by vilma's vengance@Feb 18 2005, 07:05 PM
    really the only way i see lamont staying is if we used him as we use or used gerald sowell. i like sowell and really dont want to see him go but if so can i get some opinions on this idea.

sign lamont to a good long term deal and shape him in training camp to work on his blocking and become a sowell type player.

we could use him as a catch out of the backfield type back and part time running back and hope that we can get the ball to him maybe 10-15 times a game.

this would mean getting martin to agree to take less carries(which may be hard to do). let jordan be sowell's replacement for about two years and then when martin retires he can step in as our back

AGAIN I DONT SEE THIS HAPPANING BUT I DONT THINK IT IS SUCH AS BAD IDEA.

???????????
    Sowell is a Blocking Back and a low priced one at that!! You don't pay
    a Back 5 million to block for Martin!!

Veteran
    There are a ton of threads about this from before this season. A full back and a tail back are VERY different things.

Veteran
    Lamont would never play FB. He knows he can be a RB for another franchise and be a star at that.