Thread: Steelers reinstalling their field surface

Practice Squad
    the pittburgh steelers are reinstalling their current surface famous for being one of the worst in the league with the same type they had this year. the broncos did the same thing last year and their playing field is ranked #8 in the league. i hope we get rid of doug brien, but he might be able to make a field goal there if need be.
    heres the link to the article: http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PIT/8204150

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by Jetsmaniac2@Feb 18 2005, 09:22 PM

i hope we get rid of doug brien, but he might be able to make a field goal there if need be.
    It would have been nice if your HC had the balls to at least try and get Brien into chip shot range.

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Feb 18 2005, 08:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Feb 18 2005, 08:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jetsmaniac2@Feb 18 2005, 09:22 PM

i hope we get rid of doug brien, but he might be able to make a field goal there if need be.
    It would have been nice if your HC had the balls to at least try and get Brien into chip shot range. [/b][/quote]
    you know, i feel as if it&#39;s my duty to argue against you since i&#39;m a jets fan and your a pats fan, but you couldntve said it better.

All League
    We won&#39;t have to worry about the Steelers next year. We will be too busy kicking the Patsie&#39;s @&#036;&#036;es in the playoffs. It doesn&#39;t matter what field is at Heinz becomes we&#39;ll be tearing down Gillette.

Veteran
    Too Late now.

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by Bullitt245@Feb 18 2005, 09:41 PM
    We won&#39;t have to worry about the Steelers next year. We will be too busy kicking the Patsie&#39;s @&#036;&#036;es in the playoffs. It doesn&#39;t matter what field is at Heinz becomes we&#39;ll be tearing down Gillette.
    excellant point as well

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Originally posted by Bullitt245@Feb 18 2005, 10:41 PM
    I like this guy

Rookie
    They have done this every off-season in hopes of making the field more playable. They are trying extremely hard not to go to artificial turf but they may have to eventually. You see, they share the field with the Panthers (college team) and have area highschools play their playoff and championship games there as well. That was made part of the deal to build the new stadium as the taxpayers didn&#39;t want to foot the entire bill nor did the fans want an overload of PSL&#39;s etc. Thats the price of not having PSL&#39;s i guess.

All Pro
    My question is:

Why not just change to the field turf the Jets / Giants / Cowboys / Seahawks and a couple of other teams have?

All League
    Originally posted by StillerPaul@Feb 18 2005, 11:10 PM
    They have done this every off-season in hopes of making the field more playable. They are trying extremely hard not to go to artificial turf but they may have to eventually. You see, they share the field with the Panthers (college team) and have area highschools play their playoff and championship games there as well. That was made part of the deal to build the new stadium as the taxpayers didn&#39;t want to foot the entire bill nor did the fans want an overload of PSL&#39;s etc. Thats the price of not having PSL&#39;s i guess.
    i hate astro turf. but the field turf looks pretty good & the players love it. with all those games,it might be the way to go.

Rookie
    Originally posted by jetgreen13+Feb 18 2005, 11:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetgreen13 @ Feb 18 2005, 11:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-StillerPaul@Feb 18 2005, 11:10 PM
    i hate astro turf. but the field turf looks pretty good & the players love it. with all those games,it might be the way to go. [/b][/quote]
    Good point. But most Steelers fans are traditional, we had artificial surface (carpet on concrete) for so damn long and we hated it. A good friend of mine put it best when he said "we are now playing football how it was meant to be played, on grass, in the mud, muck and puddles, that&#39;s football&#33;" Now we have a very small percentage of it artificial and it appears they will keep getting more and more as the years go by. Apparently the Rooney family is trying to do everything possible to keep real grass their as long as they can.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by Bullitt245@Feb 18 2005, 10:41 PM

Ah, Jets fans off season dreams and delusions continue. :lol: :lol:

The Jets haven&#39;t beat the Pats in over two years.

And nothing will change next year as well.

All League
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Feb 19 2005, 08:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Feb 19 2005, 08:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bullitt245@Feb 18 2005, 10:41 PM

Ah, Jets fans off season dreams and delusions continue. :lol: :lol:

The Jets haven&#39;t beat the Pats in over two years.

And nothing will change next year as well. [/b][/quote]
    sooo, the jets can&#39;t beat the patriots next season because they have not beaten them in the last two years? yeah, that makes a lot of effin sence. :blink: :blink:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by jetgreen13@Feb 19 2005, 10:08 AM

sooo, the jets can&#39;t beat the patriots next season because they have not beaten them in the last two years? yeah, that makes a lot of effin sence. :blink: :blink:

No, the Jets can not beat the Pats next year because the Pats are a vastly superior team, from the top of the organization right down to the waterboy.

You don&#39;t beat a dynasty with a team that is greatly inferior.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by PatsFanTX@Feb 19 2005, 10:11 AM

No, the Jets can not beat the Pats next year because the Pats are a vastly superior team, from the top of the organization right down to the waterboy.

You had a dynasty Coaching staff Tex..How the new crew works out
    we will see..You still got the main man with BB which is good.. We still
    got our Main entree, but now we have a OC to go with our DC..With
    everyone hopefully healthy next season who knows what can happen??

All League
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX@Feb 19 2005, 10:11 AM

Why do you think that will last forever? They&#39;ve lost both coordinators, which is more important than you think. People say "Bill Parcells never won without Bill Belichick," but now we are going to be hearing "Bill Belichick never won without Crennel and Weiss." No offense to him or anything, but who knows if Tedy Bruschi will play next year? Dynasties don&#39;t last forever, including your team&#39;s.

Do you honestly think that other teams including the Jets are not going to improve and eventually dethrone the Pats?

Plus, I hear our waterboy is a stud.

All League
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Feb 19 2005, 09:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Feb 19 2005, 09:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetgreen13@Feb 19 2005, 10:08 AM

You don&#39;t beat a dynasty with a team that is greatly inferior. [/b][/quote]
    i see you did a little wake & bake this morning, huh squatter. their is&#39;nt a vast difference in talent the league period. <_<

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Originally posted by jetgreen13@Feb 19 2005, 10:36 AM

their is&#39;nt a vast difference in talent the league period.

If that is true, then why has one team won the Super Bowl 3 times in the last 4 years?

Yep, no difference at all. :blink:

All League
    Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Feb 19 2005, 09:45 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PatsFanTX @ Feb 19 2005, 09:45 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetgreen13@Feb 19 2005, 10:36 AM

their is&#39;nt a vast difference in talent the league period.

If that is true, then why has one team won the Super Bowl 3 times in the last 4 years?

Yep, no difference at all. :blink: [/b][/quote]
    ummmm, belichick & his FORMER staff??? you might have heard rumors to that effect from time to time. :lol: :lol: :lol: long, deep pulls this morning,huh troll???