Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marcus Pollard to be Cut by Indy

Hall Of Fame
    Indy will cut Pollard and go with Dallas clark as their #1 TE.

The Colts are going to be right up against the cap. So this does make sense that Pollard could be cut, he is schedule to make almost 2 mil in 2005 while Dallas will earn over 600,000.

The following is a quote from an Indy homer I know from posting at other football related message boards:

indy local here.There is a 99%chance he will be cut.Vandy is 2nd on the cut list.

All League
    He'd be a nice weapon to grab. Not sure how important TE is, however, compared to CB and safety. It'll be interesting to see what Bradway would do if Pollard becomes available.

All League
    Please get Pollard !

All League
    Originally posted by InChadWeTrust10@Feb 21 2005, 11:32 PM
    Indy will cut Pollard and go with Dallas clark as their #1 TE.

The Colts are going to be right up against the cap. So this does make sense that Pollard could be cut, he is schedule to make almost 2 mil in 2005 while Dallas will earn over 600,000.

The following is a quote from an Indy homer I know from posting at other football related message boards:

indy local here.There is a 99%chance he will be cut.Vandy is 2nd on the cut list.
    While you may be flamed for not provididng a ''reliable source'', it makes all the sense in the world that Pollard would get cut, considering Indy's cap woes and the force that was Dallas Clark last season. Indy runs far too many 3-WR, 1-TE sets to be needing Pollard and his cap figure around. If he becomes available, he instantly should become a top priority for Bradway.

All Pro
    Here is your source...

The Indianapolis Star reports Marcus Pollard might be released by the Colts this offseason.
    (Updated 01/19/2005).

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

That would be one of the missing pieces that we need for our offense-- relatively cheap as well considering our cap space. Call his agent Bradway!!!

All League
    Pollard's ticket out of Indy was probably punched when the Colts used a 3rd round pick on a TE from Ohio State in 2004--he should be the new backup.

Pollard is owed $3 million and doesn't want take a huge paycut, so it will all come down to how much of a pay cut he'll take....anywhere.

He's 34 and his game has always been based on speed, so we'll see what he has left.

At the very least, the Jets should talk to him and see how much of a paycut he'll accept...He might have a little left.

His former TE partner Ken Dilger is also available--better blocker; similar receiver at this point (since Pollard has slowed down).

All League
    Originally posted by Riggins44@Feb 21 2005, 11:52 PM
    He's 34 and his game has always been based on speed, so we'll see what he has left.

33, as per nfl.com.

wickedtwisted
    Originally posted by Riggins44@Feb 21 2005, 11:52 PM
    Pollard's ticket out of Indy was probably punched when the Colts used a 3rd round pick on a TE from Ohio State in 2004--he should be the new backup.

Pollard is owed $3 million and doesn't want take a huge paycut, so it will all come down to how much of a pay cut he'll take....anywhere.

At the very least, the Jets should talk to him and see how much of a paycut he'll accept...He might have a little left.

His former TE partner Ken Dilger is also available--better blocker; similar receiver at this point (since Pollard has slowed down).
    Ken Dilger is similiar in recieving skills to Pollard!??!?!?! What the hell are you talking about?

Dilger had a better year than the other years he's had with the Bucs....

Pollard had an off year mostly because Clark got most of the snaps...

Pollard could be a temporary fix at TE... I would rather save the money and give Baker a chance...

All Pro
    The one casualty could be tight end Marcus Pollard. If he's released, Pollard would save the Colts $2.649 million of cap room.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

John Clayton is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

All League

Ken Dilger is similiar in recieving skills to Pollard!??!?!?! What the hell are you talking about?

Dilger had a better year than the other years he's had with the Bucs....

Pollard had an off year mostly because Clark got most of the snaps...

Pollard could be a temporary fix at TE... I would rather save the money and give Baker a chance...

Why don't you look at the ***** stats from last season *** **** before you open your ******* mouth, **** face...I've also covered the Colts for very modest pay (friends site--it was just for fun), so I know Pollard jerk...He's no longer "real special".

I've been on this site for 4 seasons and always tried to treat posters with respect....even if I disagreed with them.

You pulled the same $hit at the Mets forum (except much worse)...Name hurling...like the stupid little putrid puke you must be!!!!!!!!!&#3 3;!!!!!

I don't like you *** ****.

If I'm banned from here on who cares--but here it is ----------**** ***

All League
    Hey, jacka$$ were the heck you are?

Please explain to me what in my initial post offended you so much?

I actually agreed Pollard was worthy player to look at ....Just said after 11 or 12 seasons and a $3 million salary upcoming for this season, he was slowing a bit ...Real messed up stuff, huh :wacko:

I also mentioned Dilger was available, but didn't even mention which one I thought was better.

I hope to get a response this time **** face--unlike the baseball forum were you shoot crap around and belittle others, then don't respond...

In 4 full seasons at JI, I've never come anywhere close to swearing (deleted cursed) anyone...but you're too freakin much.

Last time I came across someone like you (on another site), it turned out to be some 5'6" fag who was scared of his shadow and hid behind his crappy computer to play the "tough a$$".

All League
    DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNN RIG44

Ive been here a long time and make every effort to read your posts and have never seen this out of you

Tell you what tough I got a little excited reading it

In the most hetrosexual way possible of course :lol:

All League
    Originally posted by FlaJet023@Feb 22 2005, 02:00 AM
    DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNN RIG44

Ive been here a long time and make every effort to read your posts and have never seen this out of you

Tell you what tough I got a little excited reading it

In the most hetrosexual way possible of course :lol:
    Thanks FlaJet023...much appreciated....I really do try keep cool and almost always have.

But this clown has done this before...I could care less if has "stress in his life" and needs to "lash out at others"....I've had plenty of "stress, but I don't take it out by "flamming" others on B-Boards.

You know what's the most messed up part? ....He doesn't even know what he's talking about on the Colts.

This putrid puke claims "Pollard got less snaps due to Clark"

If he actually knew what the F' he was talking about, he would know the Colts START 2 TE's and DID NOT EVEN HAVE A FULLBACK on the roster.

Yea, Pollard is an intriguing player....But he also came off his worst season ever in terms of yards per catch...

His "big game" was against the Texans with scrub DeShon Polk subbing for Jamie Sharper---and he only 4 receptions for 42 yards...

Any poster that needs to "flame" and then run, like he does, has some issues.....

wickedtwisted
    Originally posted by Riggins44@Feb 22 2005, 01:42 AM
    Hey, jacka$$ were the heck you are?

Please explain to me what in my initial post offended you so much?

I actually agreed Pollard was worthy player to look at ....Just said after 11 or 12 seasons and a $3 million salary upcoming for this season, he was slowing a bit ...Real messed up stuff, huh :wacko:

I also mentioned Dilger was available, but didn't even mention which one I thought was better.

I hope to get a response this time $hit face--unlike the baseball forum were you shoot crap around and belittle others, then don't respond...

In 4 full seasons at JI, I've never come anywhere close to swearing (deleted cursed) anyone...but you're too freakin much.

Last time I came across someone like you (on another site), it turned out to be some 5'6" fag who was scared of his shadow and hid behind his crappy computer to play the "tough a$$".
    Now first of all if you read my post I acknowledged that Dilger had a better year this year by what 30-40 yards? Dilger was the STARTER. Pollard was a BACKUP. So realize this palollard is a whole lot better than Dilger has tried to be. Look at career stats not just 04 stats...

Onto you saying that I am disrespecting you. I said what the hell are you talking about.... What is so bad about that? Just because you don't like how I say something to you in a forum your going act like Mr. Tough guy?

I'm not some little 5'6' fag there pal. I'm over here in Korea defending the country while you get to sit back go to every Jets game buddy. So yeah maybe I offended you but get over it and trust me there are worse things in life than having a poster say something bad about your post.

If I offended you and felt I said something that offended you I would apologize. I didn't say anything that bad so get over it and wipe your tears and pull up your panties.

I'm not going to lower myself to a point of cursing on an online forum because I like this site and don't want to get banned and because it's quite sad to try and curse to make me scared...

Get a life...

wickedtwisted
    Ooh and congrats on being here for being here for 5 more months than me... That makes you a much smarter poster...

All League
    Originally posted by wickedtwisted@Feb 22 2005, 02:11 AM
    I'm not some little 5'6' fag there pal. I'm over here in Korea defending the country while you get to sit back go to every Jets game buddy. So yeah maybe I offended you but get over it and trust me there are worse things in life than having a poster say something bad about your post.

Please leave this out of it

Im over doing the same s**t and it has nothig to do with the subject

All League
    I could care less where your at, that was your choice.....Good luck and I sincerely hope you make it back safe and sound, albeit away from me <_<

Read my recent post on Pollard and you&#39;ll get more insight on how inane you sound....

Pollard started every game he was healthy last season (Clark didn&#39;t) as the Colts don&#39;t have a fullback on the ENTIRE ROSTER

That&#39;s one of the reasons the Patriots beat the Colts up in the red-zone---no fullbacks at ALL&#33;

This clash is clearly a carry over from a thread regarding the Mets....

If your gonna go around hurling crap at folks for different opinions, then at least back it up with some legit facts clown

wickedtwisted
    Originally posted by FlaJet023+Feb 22 2005, 02:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FlaJet023 @ Feb 22 2005, 02:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-wickedtwisted@Feb 22 2005, 02:11 AM
    I&#39;m not some little 5&#39;6&#39; fag there pal. I&#39;m over here in Korea defending the country while you get to sit back go to every Jets game buddy. So yeah maybe I offended you but get over it and trust me there are worse things in life than having a poster say something bad about your post.

Please leave this out of it

Im over doing the same s**t and it has nothig to do with the subject [/b][/quote]
    I was hardly trying to impress buddy....

wickedtwisted
    Originally posted by Riggins44@Feb 22 2005, 02:19 AM
    I could care less where your at, that was your choice.....Good luck and I sincerely hope you make it back safe and sound, albeit away from me <_<

Read my recent post on Pollard and you&#39;ll get more insight on how inane you sound....

Pollard started every game he was healthy last season (Clark didn&#39;t) as the Colts don&#39;t have a fullback on the ENTIRE ROSTER

That&#39;s one of the reasons the Patriots beat the Colts up in the red-zone---no fullbacks at ALL&#33;

This clash is clearly a carry over from a thread regarding the Mets....

If your gonna go around hurling crap at folks for different opinions, then at least back it up with some legit facts clown
    I dont know all the facts about the Colts but it was clear that Clark was the premier TE that recieved more throws...

Secondly if you had a problem with something I said... thats what the personal message is for...