Thread: Cowboys agree in principle with

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I was just watching ESPN and scrolling across the bottom came Cowboys agree in principle with Drew Bledsoe.

Hall Of Fame
    can you do that before FA begins???

Rookie
    Thats cool and all. I dont think he is the answer for that team. and i like it when other teams make stupid mistakes and sign players like that. I just hope that they dont decide to get rid of vinny, and we get ideas about bringing him back.

I mean i like him and all and he gave us some great seasons, but personally i wouldnt be able to handle it if Penny were to go down and he were to take some starts.

Rookie
    Yes you can, if players are cut. But free agents remain under contract until march 2nd.

All League
    Possible back-ups Vinny or Fiedler. Vinny still has some arm left and a better ball handler.
    fiedler week arm and more mobil. Last year with the fins o-line all their QB's were open targets. One season my choice is Vinny if he is looking for more Fiedler.

Practice Squad
    i think it makes alot of sense to bring vinny back if hes happy with backing up. hed fit well in the system (unlike hacketts system) and he was very happy here in NY. and you have to admit, despite all those intos, i thnk most jet fans still have a place in their heart for vinny. i remember one game, i thnk it was when we blew out the pack to win the division a couple years ago. he came in for mop up duty and got a huge roaring cheer from the crowd. good ole vinny

All League
    I'd like to bring Vinny back, he should still make a good backup, and his problem in 2003 was not fitting into Hackett's game plan, that shouldn't be the problem with Dinger.
    And if he wants to play rather than retire, I'd think he's going to want to come back to the Jets, can't really see him wanting to move again elsewhere unless he's be starting.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Is it just me???

Do you ever watch a move like this and KNOW that even though you are NOT an NFL coach or General Manager that this move is just stupid?

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

I agree it's a nutty move:

Why?

Parcells screwed up in 2004.....he should have taken his lumps and started Henson late in the season instead of having Testerverde at QB....he is so damn stubborn about starting the young QB and it's gonna bite him in the ass in 2005.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

I'm watching NFL Network right now and the Cowboys/Bledsoe press conference is about to start.

Any why in the world would you want Vinny back here as a backup?

How about going with the younger (much younger) backup? How are you so sure that Bollinger won't be a decent backup? and the Jets will probably get a FA veteran out there.

All Pro
    Originally posted by Jet#24Eventually@Feb 22 2005, 08:42 PM
    Thats cool and all. I dont think he is the answer for that team. and i like it when other teams make stupid mistakes and sign players like that. I just hope that they dont decide to get rid of vinny, and we get ideas about bringing him back.

I mean i like him and all and he gave us some great seasons, but personally i wouldnt be able to handle it if Penny were to go down and he were to take some starts.
    I know what you mean, it's like when a team is stupid enough to sign a Back-up QB to a $64 million dollar contract and expects him to start. :lol: :lol: :lol: