Thread: NFL Network is Reporting that the Bills and Cards

Hall Of Fame
    -- Shelton to Bills for Henry a Done Deal? --
    Wed Feb 23, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

Bills Daily reports an NFL Network report says that the Bills and Cardinals have agreed to a trade in principle that will bring OT L.J. Shelton to Buffalo in exchange for RB Travis Henry. The move would be pending physicals and possibly on a new contract for Henry. There is nothing confirmed yet and no word if draft picks are involved as well. A deal can't be officially announced until the trading period opens on March 2nd.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This would be a guarantee that Jonas Jennings will hit the market. Considering that we play the Bills twice a year; don't you think he could help Hendu gameplan against the Bills offense? Who knows it better than an Olineman? If nothing else; he knows all of the blocking schemes. Knowing how to attack their blocking with a first-year starting QB behind the center would be golden!

This, on top of the fact that he would play LT allowing us to move Fabini back to RT is reason enough for me that we should at least strongly pursue him in free agency.

Veteran
    The last thing I fear is the Bills offense. Willis Mcgahee i fear, the Defense I fear, the rest of that offense though isn't going to put the fear of God into Donnie H. I hope we play Buff. early both times next year. Lossman will probably struggle like Carson Palmer did this year and turn it on at the end of the season, much like Palmer.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by SINYJets@Feb 23 2005, 10:24 AM
    The last thing I fear is the Bills offense. Willis Mcgahee i fear, the Defense I fear, the rest of that offense though isn't going to put the fear of God into Donnie H. I hope we play Buff. early both times next year. Lossman will probably struggle like Carson Palmer did this year and turn it on at the end of the season, much like Palmer.
    The Bills offense will be formidable. Moulds is great, Lee Evans is up & coming, McGahee runs like a beast, and Losman realistically can be an upgrade from Bledsoe.

Don't discount the Bills. Look at the string they put together at the end of last year. They will be very tough opponents next year.

I'd prefer having the advantage. 2 wins is 2 wins. 2 divisional wins is ever bigger!

Veteran
    We've stopped good offenses before. They're good, but led by an inexperienced QB. I have faith we'll stop them, it's putting points on the board that will be the problem. If our D is as good next year as it was this year we'll see two games where neither team breaks 20 points.

Practice Squad
    Im not sure what Buffalo is doing but there taking a big step backwards next year.First they release Bledsoe now they trade Henry. They are changing there offense to start a QB who has throw 5 passes and giving starting RB duty to a guy with past leg problems with no via backup. They probally went from 9-7 last year to 6-10 this year with some ugly low scoring games.

the bills are playing a young team. they are getting rid of their aging vets and trying to create a triumverate a la dallas with aikman, irving and smith. granted i dont think they will ever reach that stardom, i dont think their team takes a big hit, just a few growing pains early on. lets not mention that their D and special teams will carry them through the tough times.

Veteran
    Jonas Jennings would be nice. He's probably the best available LT out there right now as well. If we can sign him and move Fabini to RT, we've upgraded our O-line.

Veteran
    Originally posted by LesterD@Feb 23 2005, 11:53 AM
    Im not sure what Buffalo is doing but there taking a big step backwards next year.First they release Bledsoe now they trade Henry. They are changing there offense to start a QB who has throw 5 passes and giving starting RB duty to a guy with past leg problems with no via backup. They probally went from 9-7 last year to 6-10 this year with some ugly low scoring games.
    Bledsoe was a greater liability to the Bills this year than a benefit. He had numerous costly turnovers and his strong arm was limited by the fact that he's a slow decision maker and has all the mobility of a cinder block. In the past 2 years alone he has 11 fumbles and 28 interceptions...39 turnovers himself in in 2 seasons...that's brutal.

J.P. Losman will no doubt experience the growing pains of a young QB, but Bledsoe has been so incredibly mediocre for the last 2 years that I don't see that drastic of a fall-off by going to Losman...in other words, how much worse can he do than the 25th rated passer in the league?

As for our RB situation, keep in mind in the games he played in after week 5 (when McGahee took over as starter) Travis Henry totaled 53 yards rushing and 16 yards recieving with 0 TDs. The Bills won 0 games that he started and he wound up missing 4 games outright with yet another injury.

Willis McGahee is the starter, and he will be among the league's top runners. Keep in mind, that with the likely departure of Jordan, your depth at RB looks just as bad as ours, if not worse...Josh Davis?

I know the offseason is just starting, but let's all take a drink of realism before you start handing 3 game setbacks to divisional opponents

All Pro
    Originally posted by Buffboy+Feb 23 2005, 11:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Buffboy @ Feb 23 2005, 11:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LesterD@Feb 23 2005, 11:53 AM
    Bledsoe was a greater liability to the Bills this year than a benefit. He had numerous costly turnovers and his strong arm was limited by the fact that he&#39;s a slow decision maker and has all the mobility of a cinder block. In the past 2 years alone he has 11 fumbles and 28 interceptions...39 turnovers himself in in 2 seasons...that&#39;s brutal.

J.P. Losman will no doubt experience the growing pains of a young QB, but Bledsoe has been so incredibly mediocre for the last 2 years that I don&#39;t see that drastic of a fall-off by going to Losman...in other words, how much worse can he do than the 25th rated passer in the league?

As for our RB situation, keep in mind in the games he played in after week 5 (when McGahee took over as starter) Travis Henry totaled 53 yards rushing and 16 yards recieving with 0 TDs. The Bills won 0 games that he started and he wound up missing 4 games outright with yet another injury.

Willis McGahee is the starter, and he will be among the league&#39;s top runners. Keep in mind, that with the likely departure of Jordan, your depth at RB looks just as bad as ours, if not worse...Josh Davis?

I know the offseason is just starting, but let&#39;s all take a drink of realism before you start handing 3 game setbacks to divisional opponents [/b][/quote]
    With all the moves involving RB&#39;s made the past 24 hours, the prospect of Jordan sticking around just increased markedly.

Hall Of Fame
    who is L.J. Shelton?

Veteran
    Originally posted by Jetfan16@Feb 23 2005, 02:37 PM
    who is L.J. Shelton?
    Lonnie&#39;s kid. Dad was fun to watch when he played for the Knicks. A true "round mound of rebound".

TMahoney
    Good for us. Didn&#39;t wanna see that chump endup in miami.

Undrafted Free Agent
    i know Travis Henry was not happy but still these moves are risky.

Untested QB plus RB on rebuilt knee?

Chalk up 2 W&#39;s next season boys&#33;&#33;&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

we play the Bills well every year.....I feel good facing them with an inexperienced QB...the Jets have faced much better offenses.....Bills will take a step back in 2005.

Eric Moulds is a damn good receiver but I&#39;m not exactly calling him GREAT.