Thread: Coles foot

Do you think that we had a or our DR. look at the foot at the combine this past weekend?

I find it hard to believe that we would trade for him if he wasn't going to be healthy.

Rookie
    Why would Coles be at the combine?

coles is at the combine because he wants to increase his value if he gets released. he wants to prove he is faster than clarett. im sure all 32 team dr's looked at his toe....

All Pro
    Originally posted by IdRatherBPlaying@Feb 25 2005, 09:09 PM
    coles is at the combine because he wants to increase his value if he gets released. he wants to prove he is faster than clarett. im sure all 32 team dr's looked at his toe....
    If it is true that Coles went to the combine to show his value then I want him here. Shows he wants to play and play well. He plays hurt which is more than can be said for Abraham and Moss.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Originally posted by Ryno The Jet@Feb 25 2005, 08:57 PM
    Why would Coles be at the combine?
    I'm wondering the same thing. Maybe I hit the b-o-n-g one too many times, but isn't the combine for rookies to showcase their talent? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

And "Id rather be playing", why would Coles want to prove that he's faster than Maurice Clarrett. Clarrett's a former college RB, while Coles is an established veteran WR, didn't even play for the same school. One of us knows nothing about football....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Originally posted by Trades+Feb 25 2005, 09:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Trades @ Feb 25 2005, 09:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-IdRatherBPlaying@Feb 25 2005, 09:09 PM
    coles is at the combine because he wants to increase his value if he gets released. he wants to prove he is faster than clarett. im sure all 32 team dr&#39;s looked at his toe....
    If it is true that Coles went to the combine to show his value then I want him here. Shows he wants to play and play well. He plays hurt which is more than can be said for Abraham and Moss. [/b][/quote]
    You know Trades, that&#39;s the first real valid point I&#39;ve heard about this deal that makes any sense to me at all. As much as I&#39;m still begrudged at Coles for the way he left the Jets, he&#39;s definitely a warrior and doesn&#39;t sit out with sore hamstrings and such, good point.

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan+Feb 25 2005, 10:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ARodKeyWestJetsFan @ Feb 25 2005, 10:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Trades@Feb 25 2005, 09:38 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin-IdRatherBPlaying
    @Feb 25 2005, 09:09 PM
    coles is at the combine because he wants to increase his value if he gets released. he wants to prove he is faster than clarett. im sure all 32 team dr&#39;s looked at his toe....

If it is true that Coles went to the combine to show his value then I want him here. Shows he wants to play and play well. He plays hurt which is more than can be said for Abraham and Moss.
    You know Trades, that&#39;s the first real valid point I&#39;ve heard about this deal that makes any sense to me at all. As much as I&#39;m still begrudged at Coles for the way he left the Jets, he&#39;s definitely a warrior and doesn&#39;t sit out with sore hamstrings and such, good point. [/b][/quote]
    um im pretty sure IdRatherBePlaying was joking. the combine is for rookies