Thread: NFL COMBINE UPDATE - NFL TOTAL ACCESS

OL - 40, bench, drills

Incognito looked like a athlete a 300 pound body. Ran fluid ... but sprained knee in one of the early drills (nothing serious ... but done) ... they said he was fifth in the bench and 1st in the 40 (4.90, best 10 yard as well) ....

Khalif Barnes was the only other to have sub 5.0 time (4.97, decent 10 yard line).

Baas (of Michigan) look okay as well

Elton Brown left the combines without even doing anything (pulled an abraham I guess)

3 cone drill ... they showed ... noone I saw really stood out.

Last night ... showed Clarett alot (looked in good shape) ... showed Braylon Edwards (very good shape) ... showed Mike Williams (was expecting to see him look in better shape ... not terrible ... but not impressive)

Undrafted Free Agent
    Herm Edwards is up next on NFL total access

Shadow drill (OL) ...

guy from E. Washington looked good (good feet quickness) ... and seitz?? ... guy player defense guy against the lineman that looked quick from that perspective was Wesley Britt (playing the defensive role with spin moves is where incognito sprained his knee)

Probably some "safe" jets FO type picks ... Adam Terry (looked slow as &%*&#036 and Ray Willis (slow ... getting tired quick ... juked out ... looking cranky)

Bench

Tackle from Vandy, Baas, Central Michigan dude, Incognito, somebody else?)

Vertical

Barron, Barnes, etc.

Originally posted by C-V@Feb 26 2005, 01:07 PM
    keep hermo away from the stopwatches ... he'll mess up the whole combine ...

boy they are hyping clarett alot on this show ...

Call it the Clarett Combine

Undrafted Free Agent
    Clarett posted a 4.8 40 time (unofficially)

Undrafted Free Agent
    Ronnie Brown 4.3 on second try
    Clarett 4.72

of course unofficially

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Ronnie Brown looked great. He could be the first RB taken. He's got a great build. He looks the part.

I like The Auburn backs because they were not overworked in college. They don't have alot of mileage on their bodies. That's important when it comes to RB. Plus they both have chips on their shoulders because they wanted to be the guy. They will both get a chance in the pros to outshine one another. I don't think you have seen those two at their best yet.

That helps. In the past. You've seen RB's that were workhorses in college who broke down quickly in the pros.

I am rooting for Maurice Clarrett. Don't ask me why. He needs to drop another 14 pounds from his frame. He should play at 215 to 220 range. He's not a 240 pound type runner. He's a shifty runner with good vision and strong legs. He's not Jamal Lewis. He's more of a Emmitt Smith type back.

Edwards came off strong during his interview.

The O-Line prospects looked OK for the most part. You've got some really good athletes at that position. When you have offensive lineman doing 35 inch verticals. That's pretty sick. There's corners in The NFL that can't do that.

Again, I don't know why jumping high would be a great tool for an offensive lineman in the pros. But it gives you a good idea of how physically gifted some of these 300 plus pound players are.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Originally posted by C-V@Feb 26 2005, 01:07 PM
    Anyone with the NFL Channel-- watch this closely and you'll see Sooth. He's on there about 45 minutes into the program, during the Media Green/Grey game. Pretty cool to see him on TV.

All League
    Originally posted by inchadwetrust+Feb 26 2005, 01:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (inchadwetrust @ Feb 26 2005, 01:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-C-V@Feb 26 2005, 01:07 PM
    keep hermo away from the stopwatches ... he&#39;ll mess up the whole combine ...

boy they are hyping clarett alot on this show ...

Call it the Clarett Combine [/b][/quote]
    Like he did a year. The fool went out and drafted a safety who ran the 40 in 4.63. Must have timed him with an hour glass....

What was the name of that safety anyway????