Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT Jets Uniforms

Veteran
    Just curius to see how you feel. This is not a debate about the current color scheme of Green or white pants on the Road. I was wondering if anyone wants to see the Jets with that little bit of Black in the Uniforms that they had in the 90's again. I liked that look with the Black outling on the Numbers and the Black Facemask. I like the Unifroms they were now but Think that the black with the Green and white was a good look. I would like to see them wear it again maybe once a year.

All Pro
    the black was added to a lot of the jerseys - it was not for the reasons of makingteh players look good but so that jersey sales would increase - movie like BoysN The Hood and the gangsta rap period had the gang bangers wearing the black stuff - so they made changes to appeal to teh fans

no.

Nothing positive came out of the years they wore black.

Again, no..........

Undrafted Free Agent
    what about their black jerseys. they are imo the best jerseys out there. i got one for martin and its far better than every other jersey i see.

All League
    Originally posted by prza@Feb 27 2005, 10:57 PM
    Just curius to see how you feel. This is not a debate about the current color scheme of Green or white pants on the Road. I was wondering if anyone wants to see the Jets with that little bit of Black in the Uniforms that they had in the 90's again. I liked that look with the Black outling on the Numbers and the Black Facemask. I like the Unifroms they were now but Think that the black with the Green and white was a good look. I would like to see them wear it again maybe once a year.
    i'd be cool with going to the 90's uniform's once or twice a year. i thought they looked good as well. but i think our present day uni's are second only to SD's powder blues. i would go back to the grey face masks. i'm old school at heart.

Originally posted by ny28jets@Feb 27 2005, 11:59 PM
    what about their black jerseys. they are imo the best jerseys out there. i got one for martin and its far better than every other jersey i see.
    The Jets current uniform is the classiest in all of sports.

Veteran
    I don't think black is the answer, we just have to modernize the Uniform like the Broncos, Bucs, Raves etc.

I would also like to see "more toughness" in the Uniform

Practice Squad
    Hasnt there been talk of changing the uniforms or maybe the logo after next season? Although I could have completely made that up.

Banned
    Originally posted by KAJK27@Feb 28 2005, 01:11 AM
    Hasnt there been talk of changing the uniforms or maybe the logo after next season? Although I could have completely made that up.
    shut up kelly

Undrafted Free Agent
    The Jets uniform arrangement is the classiest and best design in the NFL...this includes the helmet and the Jets logo as well. A timeless look that should have never been changed at any point in franchise history.

We can still thank Bill Parcells for making the Jets, look like Jets again. This is the way you're supposed to have Jets football players look.

No revision and or modifications are needed in my opinion.

Jerk Cross, if you are reading this, please take note.

Leave the Jets uniforms and logo alone.

All Pro
    Why not because a lot of the newer style hats they make now does have black in them also. This way, all of us fans will look real color coordinated. B)

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by jetgreen13+Feb 27 2005, 11:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetgreen13 @ Feb 27 2005, 11:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-prza@Feb 27 2005, 10:57 PM
    Just curius to see how you feel. This is not a debate about the current color scheme of Green or white pants on the Road. I was wondering if anyone wants to see the Jets with that little bit of Black in the Uniforms that they had in the 90&#39;s again. I liked that look with the Black outling on the Numbers and the Black Facemask. I like the Unifroms they were now but Think that the black with the Green and white was a good look. I would like to see them wear it again maybe once a year.
    i&#39;d be cool with going to the 90&#39;s uniform&#39;s once or twice a year. i thought they looked good as well. but i think our present day uni&#39;s are second only to SD&#39;s powder blues. i would go back to the grey face masks. i&#39;m old school at heart. [/b][/quote]
    yeah, i really wanna go old school, i love the current uniforms, but sometimes you just gotta take it back

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by Thinker@Feb 27 2005, 11:08 PM
    I don&#39;t think black is the answer, we just have to modernize the Uniform like the Broncos, Bucs, Raves etc.

I would also like to see "more toughness" in the Uniform
    Are you serious? Broncos, Patsies, and Bucs ruined their uniforms with the current crap. While my hero isn&#39;t on this team yet I will say the Jets current uniforms are the most ROMPING in the NFL.

I like the current logo as well though the Jets with the airplane logo is also cool. B)

All Pro
    whta i like about our current unoiform is if you look at any nostalgic movie or tv show about the 60&#39;s you always see the Jets logo somewhere.

I loved it when the Fred Savage in teh WOnder YEars used to sport his Jets Jacket

All League
    I personally love our uniforms the way that they are right now - timeless, classic, Jets football. What&#39;s next? We gonna&#39; see people looking to change the Packers&#39; uniforms to "look tougher?" BAD IDEA. Some things are just better left alone.

The Patriots uniforms are a perfect case in point - they are OK, but IMO the old ones with the Patriot snapping the ball were much better.

Not all changes are bad, though - even a guy like me who tends to skew towards the old-school has to admit that the Buccaneers new uniforms are a vast improvement over the old-school, effeminate pirate with the feathered cap. WTF were they thinking?&#33;?

As far as the Jets are concerned - does anyone know what the deal is with the growing amount of stuff I see that doesn&#39;t have the helmet logo on it, but instead has that NY logo instead?&#33;? I wanted to get a pool table felt with our helmet logo to re-do my poker table, but the only one you can find has that NY thingy instead. God forbid we ever put that thing on our helmets.

Veteran
    The best part about the Jets uniforms is that it&#39;s only two colors , other teams like that are the Yanks, Red Wings , Colts

Undrafted Free Agent
    Originally posted by TALKHOST@Feb 28 2005, 12:31 AM

Leave the Jets uniforms and logo alone.
    what he said..... B)

All League
    Thought that I read that the Colts were no longer a part of that group, albeit in a small way - I think they changed their facemask color to gray last year or something like that.

Practice Squad
    I actually like the "throwback " unis they wore in 94 . Its basicly the same as they where now except Green helmet s. Make them Hunter green and they would rule . I really don;t likethe white helmet . It could be because I really only remeber the Jets----&#62; type unis from growing up . And im pretty old 32 ...

All League
    I think a change would be great. I know a lot of people like old school stuff like what we have, but they are a little boring. In fact, SI did a poll a few months ago asking players what they thought was the best uniform. Guess how many votes the Jets got? A big fat ZERO. That probably means nothing to a lot of the posters on this board, but what it shows is that the Jets have nice throwbacks, but that is all they should be. It is time to get a little hipper and maeby incorporate an actual JET into the logo. I love the alternate black ones. I think black with a lighter green would be awesome, but I would bet every single other person disagrees with me.