Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A story on John Abe

Charter JI Member
    ...Mike Golic relayed a story this morning on ESPN radio that he was hosting some NFL thing with Sal Palantonio, the guests were to include John Abraham and a couple of other NFL players. Golic apparently tried to shake Abe's hand and introduce himself and Abe would have nothing of it. Golic, along with most other journalists (and Jets fans) was rough on Abraham during his no show during our playoff run, so Abe tole him he was '...no friend of his...' Not only this but Abraham then refused to sit on stage with Golic and slipped out of the event without being seen or heard.

To me this just accentuates the immaturity of John Abraham. He knew he was taking heat for not playing, now stand up and show yourself. The heat will only intensify if this is to be his attitude. Who will he speak with btw, I don't remember too many taking a gentle approach to his no show. Abe needs to suck it up...on the field and off.

All Pro
    Sometimes you'd like to give a player the benefit of the doubt but in this case there was no reason or excuse as to why Abe reacted that way towrds the guys from ESPN. The more I hear of these type of stories the less I like Abe. Not very nice at all.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

How do we know this is really true...........there are 3 sides to every story..........

his/hers/and the truth.........

Charter JI Member
    His attitude just keeps and otherwise dead story, alive.

Charter JI Member
    Originally posted by jetgirl@Feb 28 2005, 08:44 AM
    How do we know this is really true...........there are 3 sides to every story..........

What would be Golic's motivation to lie? He called his partner Mike Greenburg (as big a Jet fan as there is in the media) and told him the story immediately. I don't think he is lying.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by jetswin+Feb 28 2005, 08:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetswin @ Feb 28 2005, 08:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetgirl@Feb 28 2005, 08:44 AM

What would be Golic&#39;s motivation to lie? He called his partner Mike Greenburg (as big a Jet fan as there is in the media) and told him the story immediately. I don&#39;t think he is lying. [/b][/quote]
    hmmmm, it gets old ya know being told you&#39;re wrong...........people need to let him be now............he knows he was wrong and he&#39;s paying for it.........I like Abe and I am glad he&#39;s staying.........he needs to stop pulling this crap though.........

If you did something wrong and everytime I saw you I said, remember when? You would not be in a good mood all the time either...........

Charter JI Member
    Originally posted by jetgirl+Feb 28 2005, 08:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetgirl @ Feb 28 2005, 08:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by jetswin@Feb 28 2005, 08:46 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-jetgirl
    @Feb 28 2005, 08:44 AM

What would be Golic&#39;s motivation to lie? He called his partner Mike Greenburg (as big a Jet fan as there is in the media) and told him the story immediately. I don&#39;t think he is lying.
    hmmmm, it gets old ya know being told you&#39;re wrong...........people need to let him be now............he knows he was wrong and he&#39;s paying for it.........I like Abe and I am glad he&#39;s staying.........he needs to stop pulling this crap though.........

If you did something wrong and everytime I saw you I said, remember when? You would not be in a good mood all the time either........... [/b][/quote]
    That makes sense, however Golic said he just tried to shake his hand. Abe makes this issue hang around by taking this attitude.

I hope he stays healthy and kicks A this season, but it&#39;s also time to take responsibility for yourself.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by jetswin+Feb 28 2005, 08:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetswin @ Feb 28 2005, 08:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by jetgirl@Feb 28 2005, 08:51 AM
    Originally posted by jetswin@Feb 28 2005, 08:46 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-jetgirl

What would be Golic&#39;s motivation to lie? He called his partner Mike Greenburg (as big a Jet fan as there is in the media) and told him the story immediately. I don&#39;t think he is lying.

If you did something wrong and everytime I saw you I said, remember when? You would not be in a good mood all the time either...........
    That makes sense, however Golic said he just tried to shake his hand. Abe makes this issue hang around by taking this attitude.

I hope he stays healthy and kicks A this season, but it&#39;s also time to take responsibility for yourself. [/b][/quote]
    It definately is getting old............and let&#39;s hope he learned from his mistake.........

Veteran
    i have no problem with that at all... after all if you talked s**t about me to EVERYONE and not to me then id tell you to go f#ck himself. Golic is a piece of crap.. after all everyone wanted Abe to play even though he had a tear in his LCL Im sure Abe really had no chance in playing anyways they (the jets) just wanted teams to think that he was because Abe playing changes your game plan

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Probably a good chance that no one from this website will be invited over Abe&#39;s crib to break bread anytime soon. :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif' />

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER@Feb 28 2005, 09:27 AM
    Probably a good chance that no one from this website will be invited over Abe&#39;s crib to break bread anytime soon. :&#60;&#33;--emo&Angry:--&#62;&#60;&#33;--endemo--&#62;
    ummmm, not to sure about that.......all you have to do is turn on the Soothie charm.......

Veteran
    I kind of support it.

The man was clearly hurt. Our sweetheart, Jonny V even said that John wasn&#39;t fit to play in the game. A lot of people, including us, gave Johnny a lot of s**t for not playing when he really couldn&#39;t. John deserves to be pissed at a lot of the media and a lot of us.

Veteran
    Originally posted by sandz@Feb 28 2005, 08:12 AM
    i have no problem with that at all... after all if you talked s**t about me to EVERYONE and not to me then id tell you to go f#ck himself. Golic is a piece of crap.. after all everyone wanted Abe to play even though he had a tear in his LCL Im sure Abe really had no chance in playing anyways they (the jets) just wanted teams to think that he was because Abe playing changes your game plan
    If that is true then herm should stand up and say it publicly cause he dosen&#39;t have to take heat for the teams trick plays.

and after TO showed the world what heart is, the bar has been set.

All League
    Originally posted by jetgirl@Feb 28 2005, 08:44 AM

There were no Woman in the room which means that there is no "her" side to the story. Why do you have to lie to us ? Its just downright hurtfull.

Veteran
    Originally posted by Jetsrush+Feb 28 2005, 08:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jetsrush @ Feb 28 2005, 08:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetgirl@Feb 28 2005, 08:44 AM

There were no Woman in the room which means that there is no "her" side to the story. Why do you have to lie to us ? Its just downright hurtfull. [/b][/quote]
    :unsure: :unsure: i&#39;m not sure what you are talking about.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by Jetsrush+Feb 28 2005, 09:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jetsrush @ Feb 28 2005, 09:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jetgirl@Feb 28 2005, 08:44 AM

There were no Woman in the room which means that there is no "her" side to the story. Why do you have to lie to us ? Its just downright hurtfull. [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: Goof ball................

All League
    Originally posted by Thinker+Feb 28 2005, 10:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Thinker @ Feb 28 2005, 10:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Jetsrush@Feb 28 2005, 08:58 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-jetgirl

There were no Woman in the room which means that there is no "her" side to the story. Why do you have to lie to us ? Its just downright hurtfull.
    :unsure: :unsure: i&#39;m not sure what you are talking about. [/b][/quote]

Veteran
    Originally posted by Jetsrush+Feb 28 2005, 09:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jetsrush @ Feb 28 2005, 09:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Thinker@Feb 28 2005, 10:00 AM
    Originally posted by Jetsrush@Feb 28 2005, 08:58 AM
    <!--QuoteBegin-jetgirl

:unsure: :unsure: i&#39;m not sure what you are talking about.
    [/b][/quote]
    B)

Abe did take a lot of heat and some of it was unfair. We do not know the true extent of the injury, although ESPN experts and the experts on this board "knew" that he was able to go, but was just unwilling. He has a right to be pissed, but he has to understand that criticism comes with the territory and the large paycheck. If he does his talking on the field next year, then I have no problem with it.

Charter JI Member
    Originally posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER@Feb 28 2005, 09:27 AM
    Probably a good chance that no one from this website will be invited over Abe&#39;s crib to break bread anytime soon. :&#60;&#33;--emo&Angry:--&#62;&#60;&#33;--endemo--&#62;
    Not sure what this means :unsure:

Are you are pissed at Abe, or are you pissed at me for posting this?