Thread: What do you hear?

Rookie
    It's been awfully quite out at Hofstra for a while now. Now that it's March 1st, has anyone got any solid info on what TB and Herm are going to try and do. What's the inside scoop. Who's next to wear the green and white?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Just my opinion we are on the verge of a whole lot of nothin

this team made their big Free Agent moves and their names are Heimerdinger, Ellis, Abe and Chad

fans expecting this team to gain in the first few weeks of FA will be dissapointed - probably panicky - as the team loses players and doesn't make immediate moves to replace them

maybe they sign a lineman maybe they sign a kicker - they will need a backup Qb -

but watch as the they pick up second tier FA later in the process, through the draft and June 1 cuts - my instincts say this week will be a quiet one for the NY Jets

All Pro
    Now's the time to cut players to make more available cap space for FA acquistions and like Bit said, they're going to probably go after second tier players as they normally do.

Veteran
    Noone really know just a whole lot of speculation on Coles, Moss (Santana), Rolle, Mason, Fergy, K-Mac, Jennings just to name a few players.

Charter JI Member
    I think the first move we make (provided Moss for Coles doesn't happen) is the signing of Jay Fiedler or Vinnie Testeverde.

All Pro
    that the sky is falling

All League
    IF in fact we don't get replacements for some key positions, I think that we will have a less successful year this year than we had last year. It's obvious to everyone that we need to upgrade our WR corps. J-Mac and Moss will not cut it. They are #2 WR's at best. The fact that we are on the cusp of losing our starting RT and have no one on the radar as a replacement tells me that either the tackles we got during last years 6th and 7th round draft must be ready to step up and do the job. They didnt see a heck of a lot of time last year,....I dont see how they can come up from 7th round and make a impact like that ...but ok. I guess you can say Coleman did. Were also losing LJ, we need a impact RB to pick up the slack that curtis will leave behind. I love Curtis as a player, but he certainly lacks speed which we definately need. I'm thinking they pick up the best RB in the second round in the draft. So it looks like there are contingency plans in place for the RT and the RB. If we add Askew into the mix it would seem if we draft a RB in the second round we would have made significant strides to plug the whole LJ will make. Now...back to our top tier needs...we need a impact sort of CB. Its a glaring weakness...I hope we pursue SMoot or Rolle because they are top tier CB and would fit in nicely into our scheme. I also think the other glaring need is at WR...and if we dont acquire Coles or Mason (mason looks like he will be signing with the Jags) we will have a huge hole at WR. Forget about drafing one at 26..because williams and edwards will be long gone. What the hell ...we better do something, and do it quick