Thread: Fred Smoot

Banned
    pat williams would be great
    jonas jennings would be nice

but getting SMOOT would be better the signing Jonas Jennings, this would allow the jets to got OT in the first rd, maybe even trading up for Alex Barron

I just hope the jets get 1 of the big 3 they are targeting (smoot, pat williams, jennings), but in order to be really successful we should look to sign 2 out of the 3

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I don't understand why you are so high on Smoot....he is just an average db

All League
    I'd prefer Legree and Fred Miller. Cimini made a great point when he was on with Steve Somers last night - with the changes in the NFL involving illegal contact and so forth, games will be won and lost more in the front 7 much more than ever before. Address the secondary in the draft.

Get a solid tackle in Legree, a veteran in Miller who can hold the fort for a year until A. Jones and/or Cavka is ready, and maybe pickup a TE like Freddie Jones, who would be a good fit with Pennington. If not Jones, than maybe Anthony Thomas at backup RB, or K Joe Nedney.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally posted by JETSRULE05@Mar 2 2005, 06:16 PM
    I'd prefer Legree and Fred Miller. Cimini made a great point when he was on with Steve Somers last night - with the changes in the NFL involving illegal contact and so forth, games will be won and lost more in the front 7 much more than ever before. Address the secondary in the draft.

Get a solid tackle in Legree, a veteran in Miller who can hold the fort for a year until A. Jones and/or Cavka is ready, and maybe pickup a TE like Freddie Jones, who would be a good fit with Pennington. If not Jones, than maybe Anthony Thomas at backup RB, or K Joe Nedney.
    wait a minute..you went from telling us not to sign a db to how important the DL is to the O-Line to a TE to a RB to a kicker....

WHAT THE....

All Pro
    why do people think Joe Nedney is good?

1996 MIA 18 29
    1997 ARI 11 17
    1998 ARI 13 19 68
    1999 OAK 5 7 71

2000 DEN 8 10 80
    2000 CAR 26 28 93
    2001 TEN 20 28 71
    2002 TEN 25 31 80.6

OVERALL 127 - 170 74.7%

30-39 --- 36-43 84%
    40-49 ---- 32-57 56%
    50+ ---- 7-18 29%

Doug Brien is better than that. We don't need a mediocre injury prone kicker

All League
    When it comes to corners, go for guys who can run and tackle. Don't worry about "cover skills", which are largely negated due to the new enforcement of the rules.

I mentioned TE, backup RB, and K because any would be a relatively low-level signing. Fred Smoot, OTOH, is going to get a double digit signing bonus. Obviously corner is more important than backup RB, but the two positions aren't on the same financial level.