Thread: Available DTs I would take

Hall Of Fame
    Seth Payne (unrestricted)
    Monsanto Pope (restricted - 7th Rd compensation)
    Jerry DeLoach (unrestricted)
    Tony Williams (unrestricted)

And I'm not a scout, or talent evaluator, whose job it is to unearth talent when players haven't had a real body of NFL work to judge from. I'm sure the list in our FO is much longer than this one.

Rookie
    Seth Payne has agreed to sign a four year deal worth 16 mil from the Texans, so hes gone.

All League
    I think Seth Payne resigned with the Titans... I think thats the guy... also I have NO idea who really any of those 4 have done... can you elaborate?

All Pro
    Originally posted by doggin94it@Mar 3 2005, 10:30 AM
    Seth Payne (unrestricted)
    Monsanto Pope (restricted - 7th Rd compensation)
    Jerry DeLoach (unrestricted)
    Tony Williams (unrestricted)

And I'm not a scout, or talent evaluator, whose job it is to unearth talent when players haven't had a real body of NFL work to judge from. I'm sure the list in our FO is much longer than this one.
    Nice finds on Pope and DeLoach. Pope started for the Broncos last year and is a big guy who can plug the run. A former 7th round pick, just like Fergy!

DeLoach backed up Payne at the Titans, and is another massive guy who can eat up space.

Both of these guys have solid potential. Nice scouting!

Tony Williams is a real good player - coming off injury, he might be affordable too.

Hall Of Fame
    Didn't see Payne had resigned.

DeLoach was another 3-4 NT for the Texans, a 4yr player behind a pretty good starter (Payne). 3-4NTs make pretty good 4-3 1gap run stuffers, I would think.

Pope is a 3 year vet who's played a lot in Denver, his comp is low and upside is high, and he's a decent size DT (though not a monster)

Tony Williams is a lunch-bucket guy coming off an injury (he's the one who got his ankle broken by George Foster on MNF), who would do well not being asked to do to much while surrounded by three excellent D-linemen. (of course, the acronym WEAR isn't as good as FEAR, but it works for their t-shirt line . . . )