Thread: Gary Baxter

Practice Squad
    This guy is from Baltimore, knows Hendu's agressive defense. Is still very young and would be a the perfect corner opposite barrett this would take care of our need for CB, Barrett and him would be a set for 3 or 4 years, with coleman and either McGraw or Shazor (2nd round draft pick) our secondary woudl no longer be a problem we could then draft our main need (a pass catching TE or 2 gap DT) or best available player 1st round, shazor 2nd and project RB Ciatrick Faison on the 3, We sign Derrick Blaylock as Curti;s backup for this season and thenext and by 2008 Faison is ready to go as our feature back. Your thoughts???

All League
    Sounds like an alright plan to me. Only complaint is ive heard he isnt really fast enough for a number 1 CB and gets beat alot. Good ball skills and great tackler, but might best be suited as a FS. Except id rather have Moats, Arrington, Morency over Faison.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Q: Why no talk about him?

A: he already turned down a 10 Million Dollar bonus to stay in BAL and is looking for more

Practice Squad
    I think Moats and Faison is a wash I like Moats alot too, I just think it is more realistic that Faison will be there in the third, only reason I don;t like Arringotn is that he gets hurt and he is also 27 because he played minor league ball. Don;t know much about Morency

All Pro
    Originally posted by bitonti@Mar 3 2005, 02:50 PM

A: he already turned down a 10 Million Dollar bonus to stay in BAL and is looking for more
    That would explain it.

All League
    Arrington is 27?? Are you sure? I know Kay-Jay Harris from WVU played Minor league ball.

Practice Squad
    I thought that was Smoot, hadnot heard that Baxter turned down 10 mil either way I think Baxter is better than Smoot, more athletic, better tackler and younger, and he played under henderson, I think that Baxters play went down in 2005 strictly because Henderson wasn;t there. I truly beleive that Hendu is a great motivator and coach and he had allotmore todo with Baltimore's secondary than most people think.

Practice Squad
    I'm retarded, your right, it was kay jay I was thinking about, I know jack squat about Arrington, where did he go to school?? only RB I like and want on this team are either Moats or Faison.

All League
    Arrington went to Cal. and was born 1/23/83. Good RB who does everything, very much like a young Curtis Martin. 5'9 215 4.4 speed around that. Kay-Jay is also 26 ...and i can see how you could confuse the two. WVU's new Unis look very similar to Cal's

Veteran
    Don't know about you, but I would take C4(Faison) over Moats in a heart beat!!!

If you ever have seen him play you would know why, had over 1000 yds rushing this year, and split time!!! Had a 190 yd game against South Carolina I think.

Guy has explosiveness and speed - 6'2" and about 225.

If he is there TAKE HIM!!!!!!!!!&# 33;!

All League
    Seen Faison play numerous times, including the game you speak of. I also have seen Moats play alot and i would take Moats over Faison. As good as Faison is. I also like Deshawn Wynn more than Faison. If im not mistaken, this was Faison's first year starting?

TMahoney

Jesus Christ, I seriously do not believe the amount of money being thrown at mediocore players this year.

Are all the "active" gm's on crack this offseason.