Thread: Santana Moss...what's he worth to teams?

Practice Squad
    Since the Jets remain far apart with Coles in the potential ongoing saga of a straight up trade, Coles for Moss, what would you say Moss is worth to teams willing to trade for him if the Coles deal ultimately fell through (which I personally believe will happen).

I believe a trade of Moss might be the end result even if the Coles deal does fall through. In my opinion the Jets should take no less than a 2nd rounder for him in relation to draft picks. I assume a team with a pick in the later part of the first round (I see Green Bay, Denver, Atlanta and San Diego as targets) might be willing to part with a first, but that could be a stretch. A late second rounder would also have to include a 3rd or 4th imho.

In terms of a player for player straight up swap I'd want someone we could definitely fit in as a day one starter as Moss is for the Jets. Preferably a DT (hard to come by) or ideally a TE or WR.

Thoughts?

Practice Squad
    Anyone? <_<

All League
    CTJ...AWESOME SIGNATURE&#33;

BTW, outside of Coles, i dont think Moss has very high value, we would be best to keep him until he has another good season.

Practice Squad
    NO way Moss comes back next year. Even if the Coles deal doesn&#39;t go thru. Moss is a certain hold out after being tossed around in trade rumors. He&#39;s played his last game as a Jet IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

i&#39;m sorry, but you cant trade moss for a draft pick this year, regardless of whats going to happen after the season.. our WRS would be pathetic

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by DE94Abraham@Mar 3 2005, 11:50 PM
    CTJ...AWESOME SIGNATURE&#33;

BTW, outside of Coles, i dont think Moss has very high value, we would be best to keep him until he has another good season.
    DE94: Damn right&#33; I watched Roby for 3 years at IU, he&#39;s going to explode as a pro. He had the likes of Gibran Hamdan and Matt Lovechio passing to him, yikes&#33; If the Jets draft him I&#39;ll freak.

As for Moss, I dont see a way we keep him unless its for one year. With that, I think he&#39;ll be disgruntled because of contract issues and could be a detriment to the team. I do want him here, but he isnt our answer as a #1.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

A bag of balls?

Just kidding, he doesn&#39;t have much trade value- all the other teams saw his production drop last year, and that&#39;s all they&#39;re going to remember. A 2nd rounder maybe.

All Pro
    It really seems to me like the jets aren&#39;t gonna keep him one way or the other, They threw him under the bus, and they&#39;re trying to avoid another FA leaving without getting anything in return. I really don&#39;t understand why the jets don&#39;t give coles the stupid 1.5 million or w/e he&#39;s asking for. Cuts of Reggie Tongue and Cowart would more than take care of that. With that in my mind, they are just making this situation worse, if they&#39;re not gonna get him than end it, but all this trade continuity is doing is showing how much they don&#39;t want or trust santana. People bash me for hating T.B, but this is why he is so bad at closing a deal. Once in a while you have to overpay, he never wants too but this trade really seems like a bridge over troubled water.

All League
    I love watching programs that arent on the major radar. Even though theyre in a big conference, i feel like no one gives IU respect, so whenever they were on gameplan i would watch them. Roby became a favorite of mine not only because of his skills, i remember a few interviews and he came off as a great kid. BTW chances are i&#39;ll end up at Indiana for grad school. You like it there?

Veteran
    Based on the fact that J-Mac was worth a 2 I would say Santana is most likely the same value.

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by shuler82@Mar 3 2005, 11:57 PM
    i&#39;m sorry, but you cant trade moss for a draft pick this year, regardless of whats going to happen after the season.. our WRS would be pathetic
    Thats a good point, maybe we would need a WR and a 4th or 5th for him?

I guess the FA Receivers out there are down to Burress, Terrell and isnt Bradford from Houston a FA? Thats definitely not a good crop considering the Jets have no interest in Plaxico.

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by DE94Abraham@Mar 4 2005, 12:00 AM
    BTW chances are i&#39;ll end up at Indiana for grad school. You like it there?
    Absolutely LOVED IT there. Grad school is definitely different considering the free time isnt as significant, yet it has everything you could want from a school in my opinion.

Great education (Top 10 business school both grad and undergrad, top 40 law school, etc. etc.)

Technology is amazing there since IU is consistently named in the top 5 most-wired universities. Every summer I&#39;d come back and there would be new computers with flat panels everywhere. They offer discounts on all computer software and systems through Dell, Apple and IBM. I bought Windows XP for &#036;5.00) and you can download it all for free if you don&#39;t want the CD-ROM

Beautiful huge campus (very green, tons of places to walk, run, lay out)

HOT GIRLS EVERYWHERE...I hate to sound biased but I visited more than half the Big 10 schools (Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn State, Ohio State) and a few MAC (Miami, Ohio U) and some in Cali and down south, yet IU girls along with maybe UCLA and UCSB killed them.

Good bars, about 15-20 with about 6-7 GREAT ones (Nicks is a big-time name there and has Grad students crawling all over it, its been written up plenty of times in SI)

Lastly, Big 10 sports cannot be beat. The football program is definitely down but they have a new head coach and basketball is king in the state of Indiana anyway.

There&#39;s more and I can go on and on, but PM me so I dont have to take up more space, HA.

All League
    You guys got a good mind there in Hoeppner (sp?). All i know is his teams consistanly were very good in the MAC and ripped my Bulls many a times. Even though last year we played them well for 3 quarters.

Practice Squad
    CTJet82 -- I hear you on that one -- I go to Michigan State Law and I&#39;m from CT and the girls here are the hottest I have ever seen. Sorry nothing to do with the Jets.

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by Jet-Faith@Mar 4 2005, 01:01 AM
    CTJet82 -- I hear you on that one -- I go to Michigan State Law and I&#39;m from CT and the girls here are the hottest I have ever seen. Sorry nothing to do with the Jets.
    Hmmm, never got up to State but the IU girls are downright dope&#33; Here&#39;s to hoping you can enjoy your time at law school with them by your side.

Enjoy law school, I was gonna go but I think I&#39;ll try to make some money first By the way, where in CT are you from?

Anyway, any other responses to Moss&#39; value?

All Pro
    I was actually wondering if the trade didn&#39;t happen, would he still be traded. I guess if the JETS get the right deal, they still will so that they won&#39;t have to worry about signing him next year. He&#39;s probably worth a second round draft pick.

Banned
    i think we could get a 2nd for him. with one year on the contract we aren&#39;t going to get any more than that, but i think a 2nd would be a good deal for both sides of any moss trade.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

where was it said that the Jets and skins are FAR APART in negotiations?

I read in the newspaper that there is a difference of 1.5 million dollars.

I also do think that
    receiver from Indiana is the real deal.

Coming off a bad season and being injury plagued, plus knowing that the Jets are desperate to unload him and that he is a free agent after this season I would think he is not worth more than a late 3rd or 4th round pick at this point. The only way you could maybe get a late second is if you found a team desperate for him that could work out a deal before hand.