Thread: OT-Motley Crue in NYC

All League
    Went to see my boys last nite at MSG, what a friggin show they put on!

No opening act (get to keep all the money for themselves), played for a little over 2 hours, 2 sets and an encore. Rode their bikes out onstage before the Girls, Girls, Girls song. MSG was jammed packed, last time they were there was 1985.

Late in the show Nikki Sixx gave Tommy Lee a video camera that was hooked up to 3 giant video screens over-head and Tommy went searching for some chicks in the audience, calling it the "titty cam". Plenty were more than happy to show off their lack of tan lines..

They will be back in NY/NJ area in August and I am looking for tix as I write this.

Waterboy
    i saw them here in tampa,on 2/18 the 2nd show of the tour ,very good show but was a little disappointed

Waterboy
    Did they play Home Sweet Home?

All League
    Originally posted by Stoker1@Mar 4 2005, 09:06 PM
    Did they play Home Sweet Home?
    Played the music and the crowd sang the first verse, then they did it, one of the best songs of the night. All that was missing was the video on the big screens.

Waterboy
    Nice, they themselves admit they're getting older but they still rock. I think after their haitus, reflecting back and now playing again they're appreciating it more.

For some reason I doubt they trashed their hotel room after the show, that was 20 years ago for them .

All League
    Its like "kickstart my heart" was written for now, they are still kickin asss!

All Pro
    Glad you liked the show. I haven't seen them in years but they put on some killer shows back in the day. Wouldn't mind seeing them again.

Hmm, August you say? Maybe I should investigate getting some tickets for a few people here.

Bitter
    They're coming to Wichita next month. Me and a few friends are planning on going, I don't have long to get my mullet grown out. :lol: Just curious, how was Mick looking? I had heard he had a bunch of health problems and I saw them in a press conference and he literally looked dead. He could barely move his hands to the point I can't see how he could still play a guitar.

All League
    Originally posted by Alk@Mar 4 2005, 11:29 PM
    They're coming to Wichita next month. Me and a few friends are planning on going, I don't have long to get my mullet grown out. :lol: Just curious, how was Mick looking? I had heard he had a bunch of health problems and I saw them in a press conference and he literally looked dead. He could barely move his hands to the point I can't see how he could still play a guitar.
    Dude, Mick looked dead! But in reality, he always has... No fall-off in the play though.

Vince is a little heavier, but arent we all. Tommy Lee is a rail, and Nikki is bad as ever, all tatted up, same hair, the whole thing.

Veteran
    I had to sell my tickets for the MSG show....Once a crue head always a crue head!

All Pro
    The first time I saw them was in 1984 at the Coliseum in Toronto. Shout at the Devil was just released, it was a 5,000 seat general admission concert, their first concert EVER in Canada, and was standing about 20 feet from the stage. Oh the good ole days......

Waterboy
    Had a blast ! The boys sounded great !